CRASH with DJI Mavic Pro today
86351 627 2016-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BBZ149
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241207 ft
United Kingdom

Well if I anybody is considering cancelling their order I'd think again! DJI prices have just gone up, well here in the UK anyway!

We’re getting in touch to inform you of some changes to DJI’s pricing structure.
A number of DJI products will be going up in price as of this morning, 10thNovember 2016, due to recent currency fluctuations.

Please note that everyone who has pre-ordered the Mavic Pro through xxxx before this date will still be paying the original prices of £999 for the aircraft and £1,249 for the combo when your orders are fulfilled.

You can view the new prices below:

Products
New Price
Mavic Pro
£1,099
Mavic Pro Fly More Combo
£1,359
Phantom 3 Professional
£1,049
Phantom 3 Professional with Extra Battery
£1,049
Phantom 3 Advanced with Extra Battery
£839
Phantom 4
£1,289
Phantom 4 with One Extra Battery
£1,379
Phantom 4 with 2 Extra Batteries + Car Charger Kit
£1,459
Phantom 4 with 2 Extra Batteries + Battery Charging Hub
£1,459
Phantom 3 Advanced
£779
Phantom 3 Standard
£509
OSMO
£519
OSMO+
£689
OSMO Mobile
£319
Inspire 1 V2.0
£1,849
Inspire 1 Pro
£3,499
Inspire 1 Pro Black
£3,919
Inspire 1 Raw
£5,399
Ronin-MX
£1,549

2016-11-10
Use props
Silverstone
lvl.1

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-11-3 08:19
I haven't had recent feedback from the flight analysis team

Did you get any help or answer now from DJI? The incident is now couple days ago and I can't find any information in your case. Thanks.
2016-11-10
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Silverstone Posted at 2016-11-10 15:30
Did you get any help or answer now from DJI? The incident is now couple days ago and I can't find  ...

No, this incident happend more than 1 week ago.
But DJI China did say that US Service would contact him, already 5 days ago.
Was wondering the same thing  as you..
2016-11-10
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

Anoniem Posted at 2016-11-10 09:34
No incident is more than 1 week ago.
But DJI China did say that US Service would contact him, alre ...

I have a buddy  in Northerrn Ontario, He knows I;m waiting for my Mavic to arrive & last night sent me this email:
Roy- ----I'm serous, If you use your phone make sure its in Airplane mode,  if NOT in Air.mode  Mav. is acting like a drunken soldier when not in Airplane mode!
2016-11-10
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-11-4 15:15
I'm the OP.  I just received this e-mail this morning.

Thank you for your patience.

Did DJI contact you, did you have to sent your Mavic back for further investigation?
Or did you get a replacement?
2016-11-10
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Think his experience is what prompted the latest firmware fixes. .. it would be cool to get his account of it all
2016-11-10
Use props
fullswing
lvl.2

United States

Any word from DJI yet?
2016-11-14
Use props
fans4d83514d
lvl.2

United States

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-10-26 23:25
So I probably should call them back tomorrow during business hours and tell them to cancel it.  I  ...

I ordered two sets of replacement propellers and received in two weeks. Too bad Mavic isn't that fast.
2016-11-14
Use props
fansdb6bca2e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60807 ft
Germany

something New for OP?
2016-11-20
Use props
SamBlay
lvl.1

Japan

Follow this guide. [url]http://dji.droneinner.com/mavic-pro-fly-away[/url]
2016-12-8
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

good common sense info in the link......I did what he said and bought a cheap Hubsan X4 107C for under $40 and learned to fly that all over. Transitioning to a Mavic will be a breeze.
2016-12-8
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
Flight distance : 562802 ft
United States

SamBlay Posted at 2016-12-9 01:27
Follow this guide. http://dji.droneinner.com/mavic-pro-fly-away[/url]

I had a similar situation some days ago and instinctively I did the right thing - going up to avoid a crash with obstacles and when I reached a certain height the Mavic was again under control and got GPS. Then I was searching for the right spot to land. I guess I was too close to some power supply lines and the Mavic got angry with me and made strange things. I was not checking the App if it was in ATTI mode but I guess. I started a few seconds before and it came surprisingly fast and I had to react.
2016-12-13
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

D_jan_i Posted at 2016-12-13 19:39
I had a similar situation some days ago and instinctively I did the right thing - going up to avoid a crash with obstacles and when I reached a certain height the Mavic was again under control and got GPS. Then I was searching for the right spot to land. I guess I was too close to some power supply lines and the Mavic got angry with me and made strange things. I was not checking the App if it was in ATTI mode but I guess. I started a few seconds before and it came surprisingly fast and I had to react.

I hope this has a happy ending for you. It seems like you did everything correct.
2017-1-23
Use props
Ejder Bingül
lvl.2
Turkey

D_jan_i Posted at 2016-12-13 19:39

Same issue, and my Mavic totally un-usable after crash Right stick didn't response then mavic hit the wall and fall down from 90 meters!!!
2017-1-23
Use props
JustPaul
lvl.1

United States

I am sadly waiting for my new/refreshed Mavic to come back home and glad that I purchased DJI Care Refresh! But now I'm wondering if the crash last week was REALLY my fault as I had assumed.
I am a new drone owner so I have been very cautiously trying out new features and poring over info online.   I continue to be amazed by the technology of this little bird as I was with the flight logs.   I watched the "replay" of its final flight and wondered why on my first Tapfly test the altitude dropped from 92 ft, comfortably above the trees, etc. where we were flying, to 50 ft.   Just as it darted off over the trees (and out of sight) the low battery alarm started squawking so I cancelled Tapfly and turned it around to bring it back.   Unfortunately I didn't notice the drop in altitude and consequently, ran into a tree.  The prop caught the wiring harness to the gimbal and ripped it clean out.  Some dings and a cracked landing gear leg so it's off to DJI.  
The review of the log shows no accidental leaning on the stick and I also noticed an odd "arc" as it headed for said drone-eating tree.  I saw a few mentions of "arcs" here before crashes using Tapfly.   Perhaps this wasn't a case of pilot error??    
I've already assumed responsibility but if it turns out to be a product issue and I don't have to use one of my Care Refresh lives, so much the better!
Paul
2017-2-16
Use props
JustPaul
lvl.1

United States

I am sadly waiting for my new/refreshed Mavic to come back home and glad that I purchased DJI Care Refresh!   But now I'm wondering if the crash last week was REALLY my fault as I had assumed. I am a new drone owner so I have been very cautiously trying out new features and poring over info online.   I continue to be amazed by the technology of this little bird as I was with the flight logs.   I watched the "replay" of its final flight and wondered why on my first Tapfly test the altitude dropped from 92 ft, comfortably above the trees, etc. where we were flying, to 50 ft.   Just as it darted off over the trees (and out of sight) the low battery alarm started squawking so I cancelled Tapfly and turned it around to bring it back.   Unfortunately I didn't notice the drop in altitude and consequently, ran into a tree.  The prop caught the wiring harness to the gimbal and ripped it clean out.  Some dings and a cracked landing gear leg so it's off to DJI.   The review of the log shows no accidental leaning on the stick and I also noticed an odd "arc" as it headed for said drone-eating tree.  I saw a few mentions of "arcs" here before crashes using Tapfly.   Perhaps this wasn't a case of pilot error??    I've already assumed responsibility but if it turns out to be a product issue and I don't have to use one of my Care Refresh lives, so much the better! Paul
2017-2-16
Use props
JustPaul
lvl.1

United States

I am sadly waiting for my new/refreshed Mavic to come back home and glad that I purchased DJI Care Refresh!   But now I'm wondering if the crash last week was REALLY my fault as I had assumed.
I am a new drone owner so I have been very cautiously trying out new features and poring over info online.   I continue to be amazed by the technology of this little bird as I was with the flight logs.   I watched the "replay" of its final flight and wondered why on my first Tapfly test the altitude dropped from 92 ft, comfortably above the trees, etc. where we were flying, to 50 ft.   Just as it darted off over the trees (and out of sight) the low battery alarm started squawking so I cancelled Tapfly and turned it around to bring it back.   Unfortunately I didn't notice the drop in altitude and consequently, ran into a tree.  The prop caught the wiring harness to the gimbal and ripped it clean out.  Some chips/dings and a cracked landing gear leg so it's off to DJI.  
The review of the log shows no accidental leaning on the stick and I also noticed an odd "arc" as it headed for said drone-eating tree.  I saw a few mentions of "arcs" here before crashes using Tapfly.   Perhaps this wasn't a case of pilot error??    I've already assumed responsibility but if it turns out to be a product issue and I don't have to use one of my Care Refresh lives, so much the better!
Paul
2017-2-17
Use props
fansb03bf589
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15344 ft
United Arab Emirates

Yesterday I do fly time with my mavic pro to try the return to home. When the rth initiated the mavic automatic adjust the height then locating the home position then I noticed the mavic heading beside the wall of the establishment then it started to land. Badly it touches the wall and crash. I was too late to stop the rth. I was here in Abu Dhabi, UAE. I hoping they will replace my unit to a new one. Please see the warning screenshots when I started to initiate the rth and end up to crash.
IMG_1952.PNG
IMG_1953.PNG
IMG_1954.PNG
2017-4-9
Use props
fansb03bf589
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Dj ken is it possible to replace my unit. I only have the warning logs.
2017-4-9
Use props
fansb03bf589
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-26 19:19
Sounds good, let me know how it goes.

Hello Dji Ken,

My mavic got crashed because of the malfunction of the rth. I dont have video clip. I do have the warning logs starting from rth initiated up to motor obstructed because ir landed on the wrong place. Please see the warning logs.
IMG_1952.PNG
IMG_1953.PNG
IMG_1954.PNG
2017-4-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fansb03bf589 Posted at 2017-4-9 09:47
Dj ken is it possible to replace my unit. I only have the warning logs.

Most of those warnings are helpful warnings and occur 1 meter from the place your going to land if you get a new unit you will still get same warnings, why your AC landed hitting the wall ? You need to provide more information was it very windy were you in a very tight spot, how was your aircraft when you were flying it,
How far away where you that you couldn't know your AC wasn't going to land safely ? it only takes a split second to cancel RTH .
2017-4-9
Use props
Mpampis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276476 ft
Germany

I have to say that that was a bit scary. I'm going to receive my Mavic in 3 Days(my first drone) and I think for the first and second time I'm going to fly it at 5-10 meters until I know that the Mavic works perfectly. Of course I'm going to purchase the care refresh.....
I was very happy for my order but after reading that so many people have issues now I'm a bit disappointed
2017-4-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mpampis Posted at 2017-4-9 10:02
I have to say that that was a bit scary. I'm going to receive my Mavic in 3 Days(my first drone) and I think for the first and second time I'm going to fly it at 5-10 meters until I know that the Mavic works perfectly. Of course I'm going to purchase the care refresh.....
I was very happy for my order but after reading that so many people have issues now I'm a bit disappointed

There aren't as many problems as you perceive, you are on a forum where all those with problems come to air there problems. There are many thousands without any problems.

A good tip when starting off flying.

Just raise your AC to height of 10 feet let it hover for 30 seconds then fly it forward 3 feet backward 3 feet left 3 feet right 3 feet rotate left rotate right each Time bringing it back to your position of hover.
If the AC responds correctly and comes back to horizontal each time.
You will then know you have good compass good IMU and good gps , this should take less than 2 minutes, and you will be able to fly with some confidence that your AC is responding well.
I do this exercise before every flight.
Good luck..
2017-4-9
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Mpampis Posted at 2017-4-9 10:02

Just don't fly it into the futon.
2017-4-9
Use props
Mpampis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276476 ft
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-9 10:38
There aren't as many problems as you perceive, you are on a forum where all those with problems come to air there problems. There are many thousands without any problems.

A good tip when starting off flying.

Great tip!  Definitely gonna do that!!!
2017-4-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansb03bf589 Posted at 2017-4-9 09:52
Hello Dji Ken,

My mavic got crashed because of the malfunction of the rth. I dont have video clip. I do have the warning logs starting from rth initiated up to motor obstructed because ir landed on the wrong place. Please see the warning logs.

I'm sorry for your crash, here is the link to start the RMA process.
If you sync your flight records and provide your email used with the GO app I will review your flight to see if I can see anything unusual.
But the flight analysis department will analyze the flight record when you send it in for repair and they'll be able to tell exactly what happened.
2017-4-10
Use props
fansb03bf589
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-10 07:58
If you sync your flight records and provide your email used with the GO app I will review your flight to see if I can see anything unusual.
But the flight analysis department will analyze the flight record when you send it in for repair and they'll be able to tell exactly what happened.

I already sent all the flight data/logs(.DAT). Until now still waiting for the result of the analysis.
2017-4-12
Use props
fansb03bf589
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-9 09:58
Most of those warnings are helpful warnings and occur 1 meter from the place your going to land if you get a new unit you will still get same warnings, why your AC landed hitting the wall ? You need to provide more information was it very windy were you in a very tight spot, how was your aircraft when you were flying it,
How far away where you that you couldn't know your AC wasn't going to land safely ? it only takes a split second to cancel RTH .

Even though is just one click to stop the landing. That time I trusted the rth function thats why I didnt expect it will happen.

I already sent all the flight data/logs (.DAT)files. Hoping they will replaced it for a new one because the only thing i pressed is the rth after that I do hands off on the rc.
2017-4-12
Use props
fansb03bf589
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-10 07:58

Dji ken just want to ask if you reviewed my flight data? Have you found something wrong during that incident?
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansb03bf589 Posted at 2017-4-12 06:22
Dji ken just want to ask if you reviewed my flight data? Have you found something wrong during that incident?

What is your email and I will look.
2017-4-12
Use props
fansb03bf589
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-12 07:00

namzuged006@yahoo.com
2017-4-12
Use props
fansb03bf589
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-12 07:00

I try to figure out this update and I saw some optimization of RTH function.

Well I hope they will give me a good response on my case because on my part I didnt do anything aside from pressing the rth.
IMG_1974.PNG
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

The flight analysis team will have to review the flight.
I cannot tell enough information from reviewing the flight in the app.
I see that you took off without GPS but then you also had an IMU heading warning.
I also see strong interference warnings as well.
It looks like you were flying right next to some metal round structure.
I'm sorry I can't tell you more, the flight analysis team will have to review the DAT files.
I see two short flights after that so I don't know what damage was done to the aircraft.

2017-4-12
Use props
fansb03bf589
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-12 08:39
I see that you took off without GPS but then you also had an IMU heading warning.

Why the strong interference came? Its a open space? Is possible the mavic detect other live signals?
2017-4-12
Use props
fansb03bf589
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Do you want to see the damage dji ken?
2017-4-12
Use props
fansb03bf589
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

You also mentioned I had IMU heading warning? Why the drone still heading beside the wall. I shoe you the prop damage so that you can determined the impact after hitting the wall.
IMG_1969.JPG
2017-4-12
Use props
fansb03bf589
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

You saw two short flights? Is it from my videos or from the black box?
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansb03bf589 Posted at 2017-4-12 08:59
Why the strong interference came? Its a open space? Is possible the mavic detect other live signals?

If it was an open space then the Mavic would not have hit anything.
You were flying right next to some king of large round metal structure.
Capture.JPG
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansb03bf589 Posted at 2017-4-12 09:08
You saw two short flights? Is it from my videos or from the black box?

That is from the flight records. I don't know if they are flights but you powered up the aircraft and were moving the sticks and the aircraft was moving.
2017-4-12
Use props
fansb03bf589
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-12 09:21
If it was an open space then the Mavic would not have hit anything.
You were flying right next to some king of large round metal structure.

Yes I was next to the mall it is an open parking space. I wonder why the mavic heading to the wall? I just wonder if the mavic detects the wifi signals?
2017-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules