Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-10-28 01:57
The 26% happened just as I started recording the video clip.  Once it was 26% it just stayed there ...

Your good, the analysis team will review it.
Only thing I can do is review your flight and get a little extra data with your email and you syncing the flight records. But not a big deal as there's nothing I can do anyways and the analysis team are the ones who make the decisions.
2016-10-27
Use props
tomtnt.gmail
lvl.2

United States

sticky left stick seems to be the common issue??  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkc2z9qe883fh6q/IMG_0038.MOV?dl=0
2016-10-27
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

tomtnt.gmail Posted at 2016-10-27 20:49

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkc2z9qe883fh6q/IMG_00 ...

THIS!

That is was I wanted to see and test myself when I get mine. Too see how the stick behaves offline. Seems you can with the calibration. Good! I thought perhaps calibration just said where to point the sticks at, but you can see it realtime. Nice! First thing I will test when I get mine, but that might already be fixed but the time I get mine... And it does kind of confirm what I thought that happens, it is when you let the stick shoot to center, it doesn't pick up its position anymore, until you move it again.

Other that can test this?
2016-10-27
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

tomtnt.gmail Posted at 2016-10-27 14:49

Interesting... I'll have to try that.
2016-10-27
Use props
Sayen
lvl.2

Switzerland

tomtnt.gmail Posted at 2016-10-27 20:49

Damn. Thats a huge bug
2016-10-27
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Sayen Posted at 2016-10-27 14:16
Damn. Thats a huge bug

Looks like a pretty real problem to me! Curious what the DJI guys have to say about this. Has DJI seen the video?
2016-10-27
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

tomtnt.gmail Posted at 2016-10-27 14:49

I just did the same experiment.... here's what I found with mine.  I believe this is a separate issue than what caused my Mavic Pro to behave strange upon landing.  Even if the yaw was stuck, it should have rotated but come down straight, not in an arcing motion.  The arcing motion would relate to yaw plus thrust.  I didn't see anything odd with the right stick on the DJI go app.  

2016-10-27
Use props
giusis00
lvl.2

Italy

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-10-27 21:32
I just did the same experiment.... here's what I found with mine.  I believe this is a separate iss ...

I think that's a visual issue ... read the value, it says zero.. i think the cursor (point/ball) left in the wrong position it's a matter of "lag": when the value is zero, the position of the pointer isn't updated anymore.. then it's left behind. I don't think this is the cause of the issue really.
2016-10-27
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

So I guess this means A LOT of unboxing of Mavics in China, just no YouTube videos of unboxing of Mavics in China.
2016-10-27
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

giusis00 Posted at 2016-10-27 15:40
I think that's a visual issue ... read the value, it says zero.. i think the cursor (point/ball) l ...

Could be like you said, it's a software visual issue that doesn't truly represent the actual value of the encoder.  Perhaps when it showed a 26% yaw to the right on my DJI go video, that it was truly centered, however the DJI Go app used the visual data to give percentages.  If you noticed on my DJI Go video playback, it's stuck at a constant 26% when I wasn't even controlling the stick.  
2016-10-27
Use props
giusis00
lvl.2

Italy

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-10-27 21:44
Could be like you said, it's a software visual issue that doesn't truly represent the actual value ...

Yes, that one was really the issue IMO... or one of the issue. I think the whole problem here is about the software and not really an hardware problem, that 26% would have played a role during the manual flight, but the drone had issues while on RTH, clearly there was a problem with the compass or the software handling the data returned by the compass/GPS.
It's a shame the Mavic doesn't have an ATTI switch, I'm convinced that the unrensponsive stick is also child of the fly-by-wire logic behind it and a turn off gps switch would give us less chance of having a uncontrollable bird.
2016-10-27
Use props
djoole
lvl.2
France

During the time it was returning home, yaw stuck at 26%, you did try to move the left stick and try to regain control right?
2016-10-27
Use props
Sayen
lvl.2

Switzerland

giusis00 Posted at 2016-10-27 21:40
I think that's a visual issue ... read the value, it says zero.. i think the cursor (point/ball) l ...

Did not notice that. Your right. Lets see what comes out with the crash logs.
2016-10-27
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

djoole Posted at 2016-10-27 15:50
During the time it was returning home, yaw stuck at 26%, you did try to move the left stick and try  ...

I did not try moving the stick.  I was analyzing and thinking of what I should do next.  On my Inspire remote I can flip the toggle switch to switch modes, but I was limited on what I could do with the Mavic Pro remote.  Yes the value displayed 26%.  However even on a RTH, you do have the ability to adjust yaw and gimbal angle.  I know with my Inspire 1, I can basically pan the shot as it's coming back to me.  I assume you can do that as well with the Mavic Pro.  
2016-10-27
Use props
karllee2111
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-27
Use props
3H5TaCVDF21D
lvl.2

United States

Following
2016-10-27
Use props
csader
lvl.1

United States

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-10-27 14:44
Could be like you said, it's a software visual issue that doesn't truly represent the actual value ...

I've noticed some very slight drifting on my mavic too, so I plan to check the calibration on it and see if it might be due to this issue.
2016-10-27
Use props
oleg_stakhanov
lvl.1

United States

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-10-27 15:32
I just did the same experiment.... here's what I found with mine.  I believe this is a separate iss ...

Just tested on mine--- exact same behavior!
2016-10-27
Use props
sandgrownun
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45187 ft

Is there no way to follow/subscribe to threads?
2016-10-27
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

oleg_stakhanov Posted at 2016-10-27 16:08
Just tested on mine--- exact same behavior!

Ok at least several of us have confirmed inaccurate read values for stick position.  I'm sure this is just a software update.  If any of you have the issue where you can lift off the ground 4 feet but your controls are not responsive, I'd love your input on that.  That happened to me when I first took off that day.  I was able to fly after I restarted the remote.  
2016-10-27
Use props
3dflight
lvl.2

I just tested mine and I can't get it to stick at all.  For the record, I'm using a samsung galaxy s5.  I tried moving the stick like you did in the video and I can't get it to hang at all.  I also haven't noticed any drift issues etc. w/ my mavic.  Could it be an iphone thing?
2016-10-27
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

-Calibrated compass in a high-rise
-Hovered over a thick glass surface

2016-10-27
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-10-27 14:32

I am not 100% convinced that it's actually stuck. Yes, the 8 ball is stuck on the side, but look at the values. They all returned to zero. I suspect that this is more of a bug in DJI GO, in the calibration screen, and not an issue with the controller at all. It should still be fixed, but I do not think it is actually registering a stuck value on the stick, nor would it effect flight. In order to believe that, I would want to see you do it outside, and show that when you release the stick, the drone continues with right yaw.

I do suspect problems with the controller and the Mavic, as something is causing these crashes to happen, but I don't think what is shown in your video is connected to the problem.
2016-10-27
Use props
csader
lvl.1

United States

3dflight Posted at 2016-10-27 15:30
I just tested mine and I can't get it to stick at all.  For the record, I'm using a samsung galaxy s ...

If the drift I'm experiencing is related to this (haven't tested these things, so not sure), it's not just iPhone. I'm using a Nexus 6P.
2016-10-27
Use props
thegrindlab
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-10-27 15:36
*sent msg via PM
2016-10-27
Use props
Handsfreebicycl
lvl.2

United States

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-10-27 15:32

omg I think I will cancel all my mavic orders for now....I like the product and I truly believe IT IS going to work...but not in the near future from my point of view.........................

I feel soooooooooooooooo sad....
2016-10-27
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-10-27 22:36

He has another video, listen at 6:20 He lost his drone almost after take-off, he had no control over it and kept drifting.
He wondered if he had no GPS or compass errors. But no control to get it back? No ATTI kicking in if no GPS? Another big question.

Replied on youtube on his video. He didn't know other were having this issues (this shows that not everyone is aware of forums and issues that other report) Asked him to upload flightlogs. He will. The more people do, the easier a problem can be analysed.
2016-10-27
Use props
ulyssescale
New

United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-10-27 13:36

Sweet.

*This post has been edited for offensive content
2016-10-27
Use props
willie.morris
lvl.1

United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-10-27 16:36

I re-calibrated it outside on a pier, I didn't have a problem inside actually.
2016-10-27
Use props
willie.morris
lvl.1

United States

ulyssescale Posted at 2016-10-27 17:32
Sweet. Millenial dipwad wearing a knit hat indoors while drinking wine with a nice scented candle. ...

No reason to be a jerk. I don't think I qualify as a millennial anymore, but if it meant being 5 years younger, I'd take that title.
2016-10-27
Use props
willie.morris
lvl.1

United States

Nees Posted at 2016-10-27 17:28
He has another video, listen at 6:20 He lost his drone almost after take-off, he had no control ove ...

Huge thanks for giving me the heads up about this being a bigger issue! Will grab flight logs tonight.
2016-10-27
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
Canada

willie.morris Posted at 2016-10-28 05:39
Huge thanks for giving me the heads up about this being a bigger issue! Will grab flight logs toni ...

Just be careful with this drone, I wouldn't fly it indoors even though they say that's a feature until you are used to flying it and the issues are solved. Some people are jerks, try to ignore, keep up your good work.
2016-10-27
Use props
MoreWillie
lvl.1

United States

First night I had it, in my apartment, I didn't have any issues - surprising since as @DRONE-flies-YOU pointed out I was in a high rise (compass calibration is crap there), low light, and other less than ideal factors. My assumption is that the vision sensors had plenty to use to orientate themselves to keep the Mavic stable.

First outdoor flight, I calibrated compass outside and took off on a pier by the Hudson (not a lot of safe flying spots in Manhattan) - I noticed a drift and first attributed it to the wind, but then realized that the drone was totally unresponsive and heading out to sea. I lost visual sight of it as it went around the end of the pier and thought it was as good as gone, but then it appears as if it started its return to home action and became responsive to the controller again. I landed it, thought maybe it had just gotten caught in a wind gust and being smaller than the Phantom 4, got blown away.

Took off twice more, both times it seemed a little shaky after takeoff, so I let it hover until it appeared to stabilize then flew it like normal. It was pretty much fine, although I did notice it drift to one side and a loss of altitude while trying to fly straight on a couple accounts. Again, attributed it to wind, but now thinking it may be software or hardware issues.

Flight logs coming when I get home from the office.
2016-10-27
Use props
MoreWillie
lvl.1

United States

70challenger Posted at 2016-10-27 18:04
Just be careful with this drone, I wouldn't fly it indoors even though they say that's a feature u ...

Yeah, great call. I was so excited it finally came in, I didn't even check online for possible issues. Hope these get addressed quickly
2016-10-27
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

ulyssescale Posted at 2016-10-27 14:32
Sweet. Millenial dipwad wearing a knit hat indoors while drinking wine with a nice scented candle. ...

BOO...  What gives?  We're just showing how this issue is sporatic & how the Mavic seemed to behave DESPITE the compass & glass table.  I was actually pretty stoked that it all worked as intended.

There is absolutely NO REASON to be so hostile here.  To err is to be human.  Treat others as if it was YOU living a-whole-nother life in a different body & seeking happiness like everyone. - Joe Rogan
2016-10-27
Use props
gehrbox
lvl.1

United States

Sayen Posted at 2016-10-28 03:16
Damn. Thats a huge bug

Gotta tell you there are worse ones. I remember a certain large hobby company that came out with a new transmitter that when the timer vibrate feedback occurred to let the user know it was time to land would instantly apply full negative collective to helicopters. Later after they fixed that a new bug was rolled out that caused older model receivers to suddenly input down elevator. Fun times.

Early adoption has its price.  In my view the Mavic is a game changer and worth it.
2016-10-27
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-10-27 12:32

Wow!  That is a HUGE BUG!!!!  I hope DJI is reading this.  (And watching the video.)
Looks like they have problems reading the sticks.  That's a serious BUG!

I am confident a software update is coming soon.  But they need our feedback to fix bugs like this.
2016-10-27
Use props
Marv0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Unfortunately just going by stick feel tells you the sticks/pots are not good

Anyone experiencing uncommanded or stuck inputs to the Mavic, I would recommend quickly flicking the sticks around until the craft levels, then use RTH and don't touch anything until it's safely on the ground.

It would also be sensible to run through a TX stick calibration and  look for any anomalies before you even fly. Just don't fly the thing in dumb places, space gives you time to safely rectify any problem.

I'm sure DJI are aware of the problem already, I imagine it will be replacement transmitters.
2016-10-27
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Marv0 Posted at 2016-10-27 15:50
Unfortunately just going by stick feel tells you the sticks/pots are not good

Anyone experiencin ...

I seriously doubt it's a hardware issue.  This looks like a classic software bug where the analog to digital converters stop updating pot positions due to a glitch in software.
2016-10-27
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
Canada

MoreWillie Posted at 2016-10-28 06:11
Yeah, great call. I was so excited it finally came in, I didn't even check online for possible iss ...

At this point call yourself lucky, your first flight was indoors and your face was pretty close to the blades and close to Heidi - no incident. And your first outside flight was over water and you still have the drone even though you did have a minor incident.
did you purchase DJI Care Refresh? If not I suggest you buy it after you register you have 48 hours I think.
2016-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules