CRASH with DJI Mavic Pro today
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-10-28 12:45
DJI Mindy let me know if these are what you need.  Thanks!

Our engineers will check the DAT files.
And we may need the LOG files of the controller.
If I have any update,I'll contact you.
Thanks for your cooperation. :-)
2016-10-27
Use props
Garick
New

United States

I happened across this earlier: Not sure if it is relevant at all at this point but
2016-10-27
Use props
jschou86
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-28 03:21
Our engineers will check the DAT files.
And we may need the LOG files of the controller.
If I have ...

Hi Mindy, did you or Ken get a chance to see the DAT files I linked in a previous post as well?
2016-10-27
Use props
Maverikster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24672 ft
Netherlands

jschou86 Posted at 2016-10-28 09:10
I'm using iOS 10.1 on iPhone 6s Plus.

I so hope it's an iOS issue, eventhough I have an iPhone 6S; seems like an easy software fix in that case.
2016-10-27
Use props
Repsolkid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7418 ft
United Kingdom

Maverikster Posted at 2016-10-28 08:57
I so hope it's an iOS issue, eventhough I have an iPhone 6S; seems like an easy software fix in th ...

Surely this is an easy investigation to determine if this is an iOS issue. Can someone fly without an iphone hooked up and see what happens?
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

jschou86 Posted at 2016-10-28 15:57
Hi Mindy, did you or Ken get a chance to see the DAT files I linked in a previous post as well?

We have downloaded your data, thanks.
And please provide us the log files of controller as well.
We will contact you with the info once we figure it out, thanks for your patience.
2016-10-28
Use props
jschou86
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-28 04:04
W ...

Hi Natalia, is this the right files? Controller Logs
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

jschou86 Posted at 2016-10-28 16:31
Hi Natalia, is this the right files? Controller Logs

Sorry, it's not the upgrading log, may I know have you received the e-mail from our support with the instruction to download remote log file? if no, would you please clarify what's your e-mail address? I'll help you double check it.
2016-10-28
Use props
Repsolkid
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-28 09:36
Sorry, it's not the upgrading log, may I know have you received the e-mail from our support with t ...

Just thinking about potential sources for these issues...
Is it possible that the devices attached to the controllers are interfering with them?
i.e. gps of the phones.

Should all devices attached be put into flight mode first?

2016-10-28
Use props
denny
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30144 ft
  • >>>
United States

So it seems to me that if someone DOES encounter this problem, given that it seems related to the controller sending false stick movement inputs, that the best solution would be to turn the transmitter off -- which would execute an RTH but would keep the false stick movements from being transmitted.
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ngl1145 Posted at 2016-10-28 12:45
DJI Mindy let me know if these are what you need.  Thanks!

Our support team have sent an email to you.
Please follow the email and send us the LOG files of controller.
Thank you.
2016-10-28
Use props
Tenreth
lvl.2

Germany

When I get home today I check my remote and phone. I have an Android - Maybe I-OS/Apple-app related, maybe both apps or maybe the remote.
2016-10-28
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

glopez861 Posted at 2016-10-28 02:35
Man I've flown mine several times now and after reading these comments about it crashing after hitti ...

I have flown my Mavic three times and I've used the RTH all the time. No issues so far. I'm also surrounded by three large radio towers.
2016-10-28
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft

Hi there !
Is there anyone with an ANDROID device that had the "toilet bowl of death" or the "no control after takeoff" issue ?
THAT would be interesting...

AND:
If all this is caused by a Hardware or Software fault of the Remote and/or attached Smartdevice it should be useful to just switch off the remote if things go nasty, right ?
That would rule out all kind of wrong control commands from that direction. If that does NOT help its the Mavic, probably SW not HW.

Greetings,

Nils
2016-10-28
Use props
djoole
lvl.2
France

I love the "toilet bowl of death" denomination ^^

Turning off the remote control seems a logical thing to do indeed. If the drone init a clean RTH (without spinning or going backward) it would mean the problem is on remote side (remote control or Dji Go app)

Has someone tried to fly WITHOUT the remote control, with only the Dji Go app on phone? Any problem?
2016-10-28
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-28 04:04
W ...

DJI Natalia, here is a link to the remote data file.  

Link for remote data file
2016-10-28
Use props
oleg_stakhanov
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-27 23:13
Have you been able to download the DAT files?
The aircraft fan will come on after a minute or two. ...

Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread, just trying to get DJI to look at my DAT file..

DJI-Ken, DJI Mindy, DJI Natalia:

Can one of you PLEASE help me to have someone look at  the crash logs from my post?

original post (has the controller log file attached):
http://forum.dji.com/thread-67799-1-1.html

my dat file on dropbox
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29012844/DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE%5B2016-10-27%2010-19-15%5D.DAT

Thanks!
2016-10-28
Use props
oleg_stakhanov
lvl.1

United States

eBoosted Posted at 2016-10-28 03:05
It seems that the problem is iOS related, a bug in DJI Go iPhone app.

Could the guys that have lost ...

Iphone 6 ios10.1
2016-10-28
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

It seems every time there's an incident people are told to "upload their logs" and this then creates the usual back and forth of what is needed and where from and where to upload it etc.

Would it not be easier to just put all such things in the phone app and on the SD card, clearly labelled "LOGS", with the option to "Upload to DJI"?
2016-10-28
Use props
Repsolkid
lvl.2
United Kingdom

oleg_stakhanov Posted at 2016-10-28 13:39
Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread, just trying to get DJI to look at my DAT file..

DJI-Ken, D ...

Obviously we all want to see the conclusions and solutions to these unfortunate issues, but wouldn't it be best if those with problems were dealt with directly by a support team, rather than through an open forum?
As the previous guy rightly said, he doesn't want to hijack a thread, but he is the one that should be getting priority treatment.
I certainly wouldn't of wanted to spend £1000 and have this frustration of not only receiving a drone with major problems, but trying to get a fix too.
2016-10-28
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

I'm flying with an iPhone 6S Plus running iOS 10.0.2
2016-10-28
Use props
djoole
lvl.2
France

Everybody on iphone... could be an iOS app bug!

Is anyone concerned by the problems bold enough to make a fly test without the phone? I don't even know if the remote control can function without phone, but if it can it would be interesting.

Actually interesting tests to do would be :

1. fly with remote and iphone : when the drone starts behaving anormally, shut the iOS app, and see if it goes back to normal. If not, shut the remote and see if the drone initiate a safe RTH (if not.... oups)
2. fly with remote only (if it can be done)
3. fly with iphone only
2016-10-28
Use props
Marv0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ok, Did some testing today in RTH and Rudder(yaw) is active the full time.

So if you "Jam up" in the air and flicking the TX sticks does not help it looks like (Turn off the TX) might be the best option.
There are some little control issues I've noticed but that may be the crappy TX Gimbals.

Running Android here
2016-10-28
Use props
Marv0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

So what's the best way to view these posted logs ?
2016-10-28
Use props
chippie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12976 ft
United Kingdom

djoole Posted at 2016-10-28 13:49
Everybody on iphone... could be an iOS app bug!

Is anyone concerned by the problems bold enough to  ...

....or simply wait rather than try to replicate the issue or find a way to circumvent it and see what DJI advise rather than risk their birds by doing tests! Let's face it, if the test is negative there is only one outcome right and you have a $1000 paperweight! :-(

I would advise to just fly as you normally would, these incidents are hopefully isolated ones but if anyone is concerned then simply stay grounded until there is an answer!
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

oleg_stakhanov Posted at 2016-10-28 20:39

DJI-Ken, D ...

Myself or Ed cannot read DAT files, only the flight data analysis department can.
Please open a case with support and they will take care of you.
http://www.dji.com/support/product/mavic
2016-10-28
Use props
Moesi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 604144 ft
Thailand

It may be helpful if everybody with this problem could add the following information:
- What Operation System was used (Android / IOS and Version?)
- Was a Remote Calibration done before?
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Marv0 Posted at 2016-10-28 21:20
So what's the best way to view these posted logs ?

To correctly view the DAT files can only be done by the DJI flight data analysis team.
You can view the flight yourself by going into the flight records tab (paper airplane on top left from home page) You can play back the flight and tap the RC icon and that will overlay your stick movements.
2016-10-28
Use props
chris34
lvl.1

United States

Subscribed...
2016-10-28
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-28 15:54
To correctly view the DAT files can only be done by the DJI flight data analysis team.
You can vie ...

I'm curious what they can see in detail. From an IT perspective, this interests me. I guess we will never know, unless someone figures out how to decode the DAT file.
2016-10-28
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Moesi Posted at 2016-10-28 21:53
It may be helpful if everybody with this problem could add the following information:
- What Operati ...

No it would be helpful if every armchair investigator stopped trying to come to a conclusion with zero training and the inability to read flight logs.  This is just like Reddit and the Boston Bombing fiasco.  A few drone's are going to have problems.  The sky is not falling.
2016-10-28
Use props
chippie
lvl.2
United Kingdom

method007 Posted at 2016-10-28 14:59
No it would be helpful if every armchair investigator stopped trying to come to a conclusion with  ...

Wait what! Chicken Little was a lie?!?!
2016-10-28
Use props
Marv0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-28 14:54
You can vie ...

Thanks for the info.

Why would they want to lock out people from the flight data logs ?
2016-10-28
Use props
chippie
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Marv0 Posted at 2016-10-28 15:11
Thanks for the info.

Probably to stop half the questions that we have seen on here and speculation about what goes on during the flight which in turn would inundate support with even more questions. Not to mention help the competition with how all the coding works... (well maybe)
2016-10-28
Use props
djoole
lvl.2
France

DJI Ken, could you please confirm these statements, and correct them if necessary, because it's unclear for me (and surely most of the users) :

- When the aircraft is at 100 meters altitude in P-mode, and GPS signal is suddenly lost, and DVS is activated, the aircraft is going to automatically descend to 5 meters.
During this descent, if there is an obstacle between 100 and 5 meters altitude, the aircraft is going to hover and disable automatic descent, and wait for the operator to move to a clear place to continue descent to 5 meters

- When the aircraft is at 100 meters altitude in P-mode, and GPS signal is suddenly lost, and DVS is deactivated, the aircraft is going to automatically descend to 50 meters.
During this descent, if there is an obstacle between 100 and 50 meters altitude (i know, uncommon ^^), the aircraft is going to crash in it because DVS is deactivated.

And 2 questions about these 2 behaviours :
- during the auto descent, what controls are still available to the operator (bank, roll, rudder, pause..) ?
- is it the same behaviour in S-mode?
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jschou86 Posted at 2016-10-28 14:12
Windows worked, thanks for the tip! I extracted what I saw Link to DAT file

That's great. Maybe the driver didn't install correctly on your Mac.Add the link to your case# and the flight data analysis team will review it.
2016-10-28
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

(Following)
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Marv0 Posted at 2016-10-28 22:11
Thanks for the info.

They can look at their flight logs as well as I can too, but that's the data from the app.
DJI's software program that runs the analysis on the flight data recorder from the aircraft analyzes data from all the sensors and  puts it into a format that I don't even understand. I've seen the analysts use the program and it's just numbers and lines in graphs and coded data.

2016-10-28
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-28 11:27
That's great. Maybe the driver didn't install correctly on your Mac.Add the link to your case# and  ...

Ken, just a heads-up, to be able to see the DAT files on a MAC is not possible any more.
This used to be possible but since DJI changed the "FLY" DAT files to be read only it is no longer possible with a Mac. Needs a PC. Have tested this many times on different Mac"s.
EDIT: The drive is visable in "Disk Utilety" but will not mount and indicates the drive is full. Only solution for MAC users is to install Windows in "Boot Camp".
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

djoole Posted at 2016-10-28 22:22
DJI Ken, could you please confirm these statements, and correct them if necessary, because it's uncl ...

What page are you looking at in the manual?
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+V1.0.pdf
2016-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules