Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Poll: Trouble with your Mavic? Update here (300+ votes currently)
123456Next >
30265 201 2016-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

Are you having problems with your new Mavic? Please sumbit a poll entry and discuss the issues you are experiencing below.

Also, if you have came across or created a thread to discuss a problem that is not linked in this main post, please reply to this thread after voting and provide a link to the thread. This will help the issues with most interest get reported back to this thread.

By doing so, hopefully patterns can be identified and the issues can be addressed for the benefit of both you, DJI, and all consumers.

There have been reports of:

Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 2 entry optional ), Total 771 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

42.95% (335)
50.13% (391)
6.92% (54)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2016-10-26
Use props
copilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791736 ft
New Zealand

st pauli Posted at 2016-10-27 16:31
So far there have been reports of:

Good idea then can see if there is a trend and dji has a chance to help rectify before a $1000 drone ends up as a paper weight ;-)
2016-10-26
Use props
qMvQTfjUrm4z
lvl.4

United States

Thanks for putting this together.  
2016-10-26
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

qMvQTfjUrm4z Posted at 2016-10-27 02:38
Thanks for putting this together.

I think it is important to get an accurate picture of what is being received by end users of the first batch that shipped. Hopefully the result shows very few issues noticed and more consumers can feel confident in ordering this product.
2016-10-27
Use props
csader
lvl.1

United States

st pauli Posted at 2016-10-27 10:54
I think it is important to get an accurate picture of what is being received by end users of the fi ...

Accurate polling isn't going to happen for this, I'm sorry to say.

Take the total number of people who ordered and have received a Mavic. The ones who frequent this forum are inherently biased in one way or another, as most consumers don't go to product forums for the stuff they buy. You're also much more likely to get responses from people who are having trouble than those who are happy and aren't. It's the nature of the internet.

So I don't trust a poll like this, even if you get a bunch of responses. Too many variables.

And I'm one of the ones experiencing problems, so take that for what it's worth.
2016-10-27
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

csader Posted at 2016-10-27 12:53

Take the total number of peopl ...

No, I agree. But if you aggregate the problems found, that data can be useful in decision making.
2016-10-27
Use props
Repsolkid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7418 ft
United Kingdom

csader Posted at 2016-10-27 17:53

I think it is a great idea, not only for those with issues, but for people that haven't ordered yet to see what gets sorted and how quickly.
I don't see why figures will not be accurate if people have genuine issues and want them dealt with.
Of course peeps with drones that are ok wont respond, but surely its not for them!

Great idea and something I mentioned myself in an earlier reply in another thread.
2016-10-27
Use props
csader
lvl.1

United States

Repsolkid Posted at 2016-10-27 12:17
I think it is a great idea, not only for those with issues, but for people that haven't ordered ye ...

That's all fine and good. I just wanted to make the point that just because the poll shows 80% of respondents are having issues does NOT mean or even remotely imply that 80% of Mavics shipped have problems.
2016-10-27
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

st pauli Posted at 2016-10-27 11:54
I think it is important to get an accurate picture of what is being received by end users of the fi ...

Not good so far, out of 5 mavics 4 are having issues
2016-10-27
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

There is actually a video of the spinning RTH problem in another thread.   He also mentions the unresponsive controller too.
2016-10-27
Use props
qMvQTfjUrm4z
lvl.4

United States

A suggestion for another poll.  Time it took to resolve the issue with my Mavic (optionally broken down by fix type - hardware / firmware / app).  This poll would perhaps be more statistically valid than the one above - meaning that while not all Mavic customers are represented in the poll above, the list of issues observed IS likely to be fairly comprehensive and representative of the problems faced by the entire customer base.  Therefore the measurements on how long it takes for hardware / firmware /app updates to address these issues will also be valid across the entire customer base.
2016-10-27
Use props
Daveman
lvl.1
United States

I agree with all of the other posters that this is not a good statistical poll but it does have a lot of value.  Us "early adopters", the industry term for beta testers that buy on day 1, need to know this information.  This isn't like buying a first release phone or gadget, this is a 40mph flying meat slicer that cost a grand.  If it has a tendency to lose its mind possible hurting someone or itself, or fly off in to the sunset which DJI will NEVER cover under warranty, then I want to know before I send my precious up in the air.  I certainly don't want to see anyone hurt and I don't think I would take kindly to $1000 taking off to some unknown land never to be seen again.
2016-10-27
Use props
Daveman
lvl.1
United States

Ahhh . . . I get it . . . DJI planned well, production line was cranking them out and were ready to ship on October 15, but wait said some company VP . . . . we don't have enough techs to fix all of them that will go amok the first 10 flights . . . Stop the line!!! We need more repair techs first!!!
2016-10-27
Use props
qMvQTfjUrm4z
lvl.4

United States

Another RTH related crash reported - http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=421841
2016-10-27
Use props
glopez861
lvl.1

Received my mavic two days ago. The front end of the shell had a small dent and the front right side had one as well. Sent photos to dji but they want me to return the mavic and inspect it... That could take weeks up to months to even get a new one back so decided to keep it. It flies great,  though haven't tried out the return to home feature since so many people have been wrecking after doing so.  
2016-10-27
Use props
Salty777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

I think it would be a good idea to add "not having any problems with my Mavic so far..." to the poll. Otherwise it looks skewed, like on Apple Support forums!
2016-10-28
Use props
manhoolee
lvl.1

China

My biggest trouble is I've not receive my Mavic.
2016-10-28
Use props
RyCo
lvl.1

United States

Salty777 Posted at 2016-10-28 16:46
I think it would be a good idea to add "not having any problems with my Mavic so far..." to the poll ...

That's already an option:

"2.  No, no problems noticed yet! "
2016-10-28
Use props
menksters
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80112 ft
United States

a bit distressing to me that only 17 folks have voted so far. Was hoping to see a least 100 or so. The trouble I had with mine was this left stick freeze out. Have used RTH 16 of the 18 flights I have done with no problems. Stick problem has been reported to DJI I am told. Sure hope software and not a hardware issue.    donnie
2016-10-28
Use props
Heniek W
lvl.2

Canada

menksters@msn.c Posted at 2016-10-28 14:18
a bit distressing to me that only 17 folks have voted so far. Was hoping to see a least 100 or so. T ...

This Mavic could turn into Galaxy Note 7 event  lol
2016-10-28
Use props
freeze_sun
lvl.2
Flight distance : 742093 ft
United States

The left joystick stopped working once. Basically pushing up the stick made the drone turn right. Down still ok. Lef/Right no response. I RTH-ed the drone and restarted the controller. Everything went back to normal.
2016-10-28
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

freeze_sun Posted at 2016-10-29 00:15
The left joystick stopped working once. Basically pushing up the stick made the drone turn right. Do ...

Please can you post a video of the flight log playback with the sticks on screen showing this.
2016-10-29
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

St. Pauli thank you for posting this.  Unfortunately, while we track the issues and address them as they appear, a random poll without the links is not useful to DJI.  While we do continue to track them down.  Can you ask users who report issues in your poll to also provide a link to where they posted it?  That would help all Mavic users.  Thank you again for your efforts in making our products better.
2016-10-29
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116165 ft

This is a good idea but I think it's more valuable to keep a thread with hyperlinks to all of the various reported issues as you have already done. If anything, for new issues that come up and seem to be legitimate, I'd edit your original first post to update a new thread added to the list. Thanks for posting
2016-10-29
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-29 09:49
St. Pauli thank you for posting this.  Unfortunately, while we track the issues and address them as  ...

Hi Ed W - Sure. The links are already there in the main post. I have been adding links to the main post as I come across issues in other threads, but I will also edit the post to ask that the users reporting the issues add a link in a reply as well. That will help with the ones I miss when intermittently scanning threads.
2016-10-29
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

msduncanrolltid Posted at 2016-10-27 18:33
There is actually a video of the spinning RTH problem in another thread.   He also mentions the unre ...

If you or anyone comes across additional threads that look like legitimate Mavic problems that have not been listed in the main post, please post the links here and I will get them added.
2016-10-29
Use props
jschou86
lvl.1

United States

Voted. I posted in another thread,  but mine drifted away when I started RTH,  tried to cancel and lost control of it, and it ended on the side of a building. Been emailing support and had to call in as well. They said they will get back to me 24-48 hours next week
2016-10-29
Use props
Eazy123
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Just want to warn people about tripod mode. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it needed gps for me to use it, and it's been advertised as an indoor mode. I crashed it trying it indoor so not good.
2016-10-29
Use props
Eazy123
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I also want to add that despite this I've had lots of fun with it. I was in my backyard today though and could not get it to move forward at high speed, although backward went fast. Probably something I'm missing. I was in an open area before that and it went forward nice and speedy (although I had not been able to calibrate the front sensors by that point, now they are).
2016-10-29
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft

I am experiencing flickering/pulsating in footages shot in D-Log. Some say it is prop shadow but I know it isn't. It happens to all of my footage that are shot in different times of day even if the sun is behind the clouds or in a cloudy day. Only in D-Log.
2016-10-29
Use props
jfxjlm
lvl.2

United States

Got a mavic today. I have one issue so far with 3 tiny indoor flights. I'm unable to calibrate the remote controller. Anyone else unable to simply click, "done" after pushing the sticks around? The word done is sitting there in blue but I can not complete calibration due to 'done' being unclickable.
I also noticed erratic lack of response when flying, turned front avoidance system off, and it fixed it. Too close to objects indoors.
2016-10-29
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

No Man's Drone Posted at 2016-10-30 08:14
I am experiencing flickering/pulsating in footages shot in D-Log. Some say it is prop shadow but I k ...

What are your camera settings?
2016-10-29
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-30 10:11
What are your camera settings?

4k UHD - 30fps
ISO: 100
Shutter: 1/60
Color: D-Log
Style: 0, 0, +1
White Balance: Custom - Depends in the day
2016-10-29
Use props
ggoodlett
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>

Mine flies like a dream, no problems whatsoever. I think many of the reported problems are user errors, but, there will obviously be some that fail.
2016-10-30
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

ggoodlett@aol.c Posted at 2016-10-30 20:06
Mine flies like a dream, no problems whatsoever. I think many of the reported problems are user erro ...

There seems to be some suggestion that iOS is the problem. Are you using an android or an iPhone?
2016-10-30
Use props
ggoodlett
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>

Jenkins Posted at 2016-10-31 04:09
There seems to be some suggestion that iOS is the problem. Are you using an android or an iPhone?

I'm using an Ipad mini 4 with cellular.
2016-10-30
Use props
incogneito
lvl.2

United States

I question the validity of this pool. The reason is because people that have problems will most likely be here looking for answers and be completely open to sharing their problems. When other's, like myself that have not had any problems with the mavic pro, aren't really on these threads anymore now that we have them. I will post to the poll though. I must also say that I love the mavic pro so far. It is an absolute joy to fly. 2 things I don't like is: 1. The plastic gimbal lock is so close to the ribbon cable for the gimbal and could possibly be folded in half, 2. when using any of the flying modes (active track, gesture, etc), after pressing stop on the screen, I still have to manually press the 5d button and select "normal" for it to completely stop. It should stop completely when I press stop and revert back to normal flight automatically. It aslo flies faster at night not in sport mode. The sensors don't work at night, but even flying in open fields, during the day, with nothing around it isn't near as responsive. Almost like its in tripod mode going 2 mph and slowly accelerating.
2016-10-30
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136900 ft

I really hope I'm in that percentage that's not having issues. I cannot afford any hardware/firmware issues whilst learning to use it for the first time and whilst travelling.
2016-10-31
Use props
mike19
New

United States

csader Posted at 2016-10-27 12:53

Accurate no, indicative of problems yes. So although I agree with what csader is saying in principle, I would/and do find the information of use.

I work with one retailer, who work on the basis that for every person who writes to the CEO to complain, about a thousand haven't. So 5 complaints to the CEO in a week, is taken as 5,000, and the VP responsible would be summoned to explain to the CEO in person.  They don't adopt a 'most people are happy attitude)'. I wish DJI would adopt a similar attitude, but I guess its a young company in a foreign (to most of us) land, which has a lot to answer about customer service/relations.

Most people buying a drone, are going to be forward thinking and alware this is still emerging technology. Personally I would like to see DJI collating and sharing data about issues. Will it affect sales, yes. The people who may think twice are the ones, who may be the most disappointed if there was an issue. Maybe only 00.01% of people will have an issue, sell a hundred thousand drones and that's 1000 people wondering why the other 99,000 are so lucky...
2016-10-31
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

incogneito Posted at 2016-10-30 21:20
I question the validity of this pool. The reason is because people that have problems will most like ...

Yea, like mike19 said, the intent of this thread/poll is more about seeing what issues this first small batch are arriving with.

When only a very small batch has shipped and there have been a few dozen problems reported on here causing either the inability to use advertised features as expected, or loss of the product due to fly off's or damage from not responding correctly to user input, as a consumer I want to know those things before making a purchase decision...

Hopefully this thread also allows DJI to correct some of the reported issues as well and benefits the community as a whole.

2016-10-31
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules