Mavic Jello Problem
9583 33 2016-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mPhVuhzqFlNm
lvl.1

Germany

Hi guys just had my first flight with my new Mavic and I had one problem which you can see in the video posted above called Jello-Effect that destroyed the footage. I want to know if I can get rid of it somehow or if it even has to be returned. I think when the gimbal pointed straight to the front, sometimes it comes too close to the metal mounting above and causes a strong vibration that leads to this Jello.

Thanks in advance,

Philip

2016-10-27
Use props
Virgil Cameron
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22320 ft
Netherlands

hmm really strange
2016-10-27
Use props
phigun
lvl.1

Germany

indeed doesn't look too good !
2016-10-27
Use props
Revs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73514 ft
United Kingdom

You're brave doing a maiden over water!

I'd swap the props about with the spares, you may have an out of balance one.
2016-10-27
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Almost like an unbalanced prop.

And those people over there must be like "mummy, is that maniac with the flying death contraption going to kill us all?"
2016-10-27
Use props
phigun
lvl.1

Germany

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-10-27 17:00
Almost like an unbalanced prop.

And those people over there must be like "mummy, is that maniac wit ...

Okay thanks I can check out the second propellers for sure but it seems strange because it came brand new..
2016-10-27
Use props
brindsley
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Did you remove the gimbal clamp?
2016-10-27
Use props
Virgil Cameron
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22320 ft
Netherlands

Revs Posted at 2016-10-27 16:57
You're brave doing a maiden over water!

I'd swap the props about with the spares, you may have an o ...

maybe hes right try that
2016-10-27
Use props
phigun
lvl.1

Germany

brindsley Posted at 2016-10-27 17:05
Did you remove the gimbal clamp?

sure, I have lots of really nice footage where everything is fine too and it just came up quite spontaneously..
2016-10-27
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am assuming you took the gimbal clamp off as its tilting OK. Make sure the gimbal is dangling freely also. With the camera facing forwards it should definitely not be close to touching anything.
2016-10-27
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

This appears to be a different cause than the jello effect that someone posted when filming at 1080/60, right?

When the Mavic is filming like this, does it seem to be hovering smoothly? Did you replicate the issue with the other set of props?
2016-10-27
Use props
gckless
lvl.2

United States

Did you try resetting the gimbal in any way? I'm sure exactly how to do it, haven't received mine yet, but it looked like after you moved the angle of the camera it went away. Points to the gimbal. Hopefully you didn't get a bad gimbal
2016-10-27
Use props
phigun
lvl.1

Germany

st pauli Posted at 2016-10-27 17:11
This appears to be a different cause than the jello effect that someone posted when filming at 1080/ ...

Yes looks different indeed. It actually seems to hover supersmoothly and it looks like as the vibration comes from the gimbal, when I change the two replacement props, the problem is still existing.
2016-10-27
Use props
phigun
lvl.1

Germany

gckless Posted at 2016-10-27 17:13
Did you try resetting the gimbal in any way? I'm sure exactly how to do it, haven't received mine ye ...

Yeah tried to autorecalibrate the gimbal today, same issue. Seems to be a serious problem that should not to come up on the very first flights.
2016-10-27
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

If someone has received a Mavic and is experiencing trouble with it (or not), there is a poll at Poll: Having trouble with your Mavic? Update here that we are looking for feedback on.
2016-10-27
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft

I guess you have a Gimbal issue. Not uncommon actually, the more i search for this problems on YT, the more i find. :s
2016-10-27
Use props
phigun
lvl.1

Germany

Ange1walk Posted at 2016-10-27 18:40
I guess you have a Gimbal issue. Not uncommon actually, the more i search for this problems on YT, t ...

Yeah think so too, I mean I calibrated the ICU twice today and that would be the only sollution I am aware of, would be so bad to send it right back after waiting so long for it...
2016-10-27
Use props
jCyS69AGrMZG
New
Flight distance : 433455 ft
United States

Im having the same problem and ive tried replaicng the props and recalibratied everything and nothing seems to work for me.
2016-10-30
Use props
gmccurdy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft

Wow, both videos are pretty bad for jello.

Can you balance the props? There are videos on how to balance folding props on the web.  Maybe look into getting a ND filter too (Polar Pro has them out for the Mavic.).
2016-10-30
Use props
lordnibbler
lvl.1
United States

I'm having a similar issue here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;extra=#pid543259

So far DJI seems to be sidestepping it and throwing all sorts of silly troubleshooting instructions my way wonder if I can return it?
2016-10-30
Use props
jCyS69AGrMZG
New
Flight distance : 433455 ft
United States

gmccurdy@att.ne Posted at 2016-10-30 22:50
Wow, both videos are pretty bad for jello.

Can you balance the props? There are videos on how to ba ...

I really shouldnt have to do all that to get their product to work correctly
2016-10-30
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Guys, see this guide, it has two reports and fixes for Mavic Jello isssues - the article is updated daily so keep checking it:
http://www.droningon.co/2016/10/ ... with-dji-mavic-pro/
2016-11-4
Use props
Enzo65
lvl.2
Flight distance : 734485 ft
United States

I've got the problem as well.  Gimbal is sitting correctly and moves freely. No crashes. Issue started after 12 flights or so.  

2016-11-12
Use props
Thorvald
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32900 ft
Canada

I've had it repeatedly as well.  Each time though my phone said a message about excessive gimbal vibrations.  Upon landing I would find the gimbal had popped out of its tabs.  Put it back in gently put it down again problem gone.

No idea but I suspect I'm being a tad rough with it once I take the clamps off and put it down.  Time will tell.
2016-11-19
Use props
TonyOtis
lvl.2
Greece

Your Gimbal base is out of position.
2016-11-19
Use props
timur.weknowmac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18255 ft
United States

I just sent mine in for repair, exact same issues. The first rep said this is the first time he has heard of this - I call BS --- waited to get the Mavic forever and 2 flights in, I'm sending it in for repair - replacement time is months - LAME DJI.
2016-12-13
Use props
lachyb
lvl.2
United Kingdom

jCyS69AGrMZG Posted at 2016-10-30 18:27
Im having the same problem with mine as well

Im having the same problem and ive tried replaicng the props and recalibratied everything and nothing seems to work for me.

My drone hasn't arrived yet (first time droner). Was looking here to find out what "jello" looks like in case I notice it on my footage....and can definitely see why it's called jello. Hope this gets fixed!
2017-1-23
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 612405 ft
  • >>>
United States

phigun Posted at 2016-10-27 07:22
Yeah tried to autorecalibrate the gimbal today, same issue. Seems to be a serious problem that should not to come up on the very first flights.

did you recalibrate using the assitant 2  on your pc or mac? or through the app?

i had a similar issue and i calibrated from the app with no luck.
just double checked i'm on latest firmware  01.01.0300
then calibrated from the assistant 2 app. (i will next redo imu calibration.
then before flight compass and camera one more time.

i've already noticed a difference just from redoing it from my computer with the assistant 2 program.
might help you as well.
2017-1-23
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 612405 ft
  • >>>
United States

I calibrated using the dji assistant 2 app on my macbook and the glitch seems to be gone. now i am just tweaking horizon tilt and noticing it changes on a quick yaw right or left.

2017-1-23
Use props
mman
New

United States

I'm new to this forum and just got my mavic a week ago.  Yesterday was my first flight and the film looks great except for sometimes it jerks/or skips a frame almost.  I have it set to 1080 P at 24 frames per second.  I'm not sure how to post a video here.  Anyone else having issues like mine?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2017-1-30
Use props
KonstantinosK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140131 ft
Greece

same issues here
2017-1-30
Use props
CaptainTahoe
New
Flight distance : 47969 ft
Turkey

i have the jello problem too

but dji dont accept jello
i offer to send my videos, they said NO
service send me this video and my mavic

shamefull

2017-2-23
Use props
Erka56
lvl.2
Netherlands

I had Jello problems, but the problems suddenly stopped, i was happy like a baby, becuase the last two weeks since i bought the Mavic i had just one day without problems !
Now, yesterday i was having this weird other problem, yesterday windspeed was 9 meter/sec so i assumed it was the wind speed.
Today no wind at all, and i still experience the same effect.
Firmware up to date, everything is calibrated several times, and its still there.
Seems like a problem of the Mavic?

2017-4-29
Use props
fansf0628cad
New
Belarus

Same problems like most of people here

Probably it is hardware bug. With plastic hatch jello almost gone, but glare and flickering does not allow to shot quality video.
Main problem - I cant use RMA, because it will impossible to import mavic back to my country. I am waiting for any software/hardware updates to fix that.
2017-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules