Landing Manually
1596 4 2016-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavicUser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 431417 ft
United States

Can you bring the Mavic to land manually? e.g. you control it all the way to touch down with the left stick just like an RC heli and not have the Mavic automatically come to a hover 1-2 feet above the ground then ask you for landing confirmation..

Does switching off the downward sensors allow you to do this or will GPS/ATTI data still force it to hover before touch down?

2016-10-27
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can just keep the left stick down and it will land. No need to swipe the message on screen.
2016-10-27
Use props
MavicUser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 431417 ft
United States

sploodge Posted at 2016-10-27 08:24
You can just keep the left stick down and it will land. No need to swipe the message on screen.

That's not what I'm asking...

I'm asking if the Mavic will still hover at 1 - 2 feet height before touching down if downward sensors are off...

I fly RC Helis, so I would prefer to manually land, i.e. control the Mavic until it touches down instead of having it hover first, then proceed to land as you continue to keep the left stick down.  I envision doing this if/when I land the Mavic on a slow moving boat, since you need to really time the touch down properly due to waves..  
2016-10-27
Use props
Richard-Mavic P
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44797 ft
United States

Wondering too...if the Mavic always has a step: hover at 1 - 2 feet height,  before touching ground?
2016-10-27
Use props
Sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry, forgot about this.. Here is a video showing that it does NOT prompt you to land if you have the downward sensors turned OFF

2016-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules