dji updated shipping estimation: within Dec.
2448 23 2016-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Richard-Mavic P
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44797 ft
United States

Hello, I just noticed that dji updated their Mavic Pro shipping estimation to Within DEC. today. Will this update affect orders placed before? I placed my order on Oct 19th, at that time they saying shipping estimation still within Nov.   When can I get my Mavic, no more delay plz!!!
2016-10-27
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

One would assume this date would be for new orders. However, with how this product release has unfolded, there is currently no way to actually tell... DJI appears unwilling to provide tangible updates for questions like this.

I assume a lot of users will continue to cancel (which might actually be helpful to DJI at this point since they can't supply enough units to meet demand) and purchase in spring since you typically don't fly as much in the winter months in most areas and you'd just be burning up months of probably much needed warranty period with it sitting in a box...

Or perhaps people will start ordering from authorized resellers fulfilled by Amazon after Nov 1 so they can have the protection of the holiday returns policy until Jan 31st...
2016-10-27
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

http://gizmodo.com/dji-is-mislea ... s-newest-1788251112
2016-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-27 16:32
http://gizmodo.com/dji-is-misleading-customers-about-delays-for-its-newest-1788251112

That's a pretty damaging article, I think everyone here should see this, loosing faith in dji after reading that, thanks for posting,
2016-10-27
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

Well considering DJI doesn't respond to emails in a timely manner anymore.  You are lucky if you get a response in 4 days...
2016-10-27
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-27 08:32
http://gizmodo.com/dji-is-misleading-customers-about-delays-for-its-newest-1788251112

Seriously...?  They're quoting that screenshot that was already debunked.  Hack journalism.
2016-10-27
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>

Stop posting that completely made up crap article by Gizmodo, you're fanning the flames of stupidity.
2016-10-27
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

method007 Posted at 2016-10-28 00:46
Stop posting that completely made up crap article by Gizmodo, you're fanning the flames of stupidity ...

Have you received your drone?  Yes then you are lucky.  No?  Not many drones have shipped.  A few here and there.  Also none of the mods have stepped in either, and usually something this big they would have stepped in already.
2016-10-27
Use props
MaryWatkins
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-27
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

And when the end of November rolls around, it will state shipping in Jan 2017.
2016-10-27
Use props
bbkinglives
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

DJI's credibility = 0 at this point.
2016-10-27
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

method007 Posted at 2016-10-27 09:46
Stop posting that completely made up crap article by Gizmodo, you're fanning the flames of stupidity ...

DJI did confirm that full production of the Mavic Pro has not started but said the company was doing everything it could to get production ramped up as quickly as possible.
2016-10-27
Use props
Draxel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 402247 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Well, apparently Newegg & BestBuy took all the drones, so if you order from them you'll have it before people who ordered on the 27th (September)....
2016-10-27
Use props
ulyssescale
New

United States

Lepus Posted at 2016-10-27 09:51
Have you received your drone?  Yes then you are lucky.  No?  Not many drones have shipped.  A few  ...

Says who? Says you? Who are you? Looks to me like you are just a random user on an internet forum? Have you developed a vast spy network you have cultivated over years of playing War of Clans on your Android phone? Do you have secret meetings in the parking lot of your town's Walmart while planning your line strategy for the next Star Wars movie?

You have no information that is real. All you have is hyperbole sourced from random sources you can't even prove. Get a grip onyourself, sherlock.

Give it a rest. Cancel your order if you need to.
2016-10-27
Use props
MKSOL
lvl.2

United States

Schwavic Posted at 2016-10-27 12:09
Seriously...?  They're quoting that screenshot that was already debunked.  Hack journalism.

Please point to the evidence of "debunking" you have made this statement several times in several threads, I would be interested in seeing the "debunking" you speak of?
2016-10-27
Use props
ecophobic
lvl.2

Whatever the issue is the delay is real. I had a seller call me to cancel my order because of furthering delays. I ordered back in Sept. I know so many are irritated because of the delays but would you rather have it fast or have it right? I'm not pissed about my situation but I am getting close to being "over it" (skipping the drone scene).
2016-10-27
Use props
ecophobic
lvl.2

They called 2 days ago to cancel^^^
2016-10-27
Use props
pdbim25eeT7h
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

I'm spending my canceled refund on a new MacBook Pro, launched today... in store TODAY
2016-10-27
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Given that there are virtually no new Mavic videos on YouTube it looks as though the Gizmodo article is accurate... I see more evidence to support the article than I see to suggest that the Mavic is being shipped in significant numbers....
2016-10-27
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

ulyssescale Posted at 2016-10-28 02:17
Says who? Says you? Who are you? Looks to me like you are just a random user on an internet forum? ...

It's all about going with what I have seen, DJIs website stated mid October then mid November now December.  You tell me, cause I certainly see shipping mid Jan next.
2016-10-27
Use props
dantheman
lvl.1

Sweden

Lepus Posted at 2016-10-28 00:08
It's all about going with what I have seen, DJIs website stated mid October then mid November now  ...

Yeah from what I see I'm assuming most people would get orders by mid Jan. But honestly, who knows. Perhaps everyone who ordered before Oct 12 will have it shipped by the end of next week. There's not really any proven information to base anything on at this stage.
2016-10-27
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dantheman Posted at 2016-10-28 00:32
Yeah from what I see I'm assuming most people would get orders by mid Jan. But honestly, who knows ...

I think that the absence of videos on YouTube would suggest that very few orders have been shipped. I ordered on 29/09/16 and have been told that, two weeks after the shipping date promised at launch, they have not yet fulfilled orders made on 28/09/16. In other words, at present, we know that they are taking a minimum of a week to ship one day or orders.....

Apple are now saying the product will not be in store in the UK until 22/12/16. That is a 7-week delay (assuming that the date does not slip even further).

I think it is now clear that DJI will not be shipping in significant numbers for at least another couple of months.
2016-10-28
Use props
robble
lvl.2

Schwavic Posted at 2016-10-28 00:09

I would truly LOVE to see that article "debunked".  

Please, link your debunking sources.
2016-10-28
Use props
reinoudhummel
Banned

Netherlands

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules