Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gizmodo uncovers some truth.... "DJI Is Misleading Customers Abou...
1234Next >
8663 150 2016-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user83659cd408
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-27
Use props
Harmonix 9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7628 ft
United States

the whole truth is in the eye of the beholder.... has to the the stupidest things DJI or anyone can ever say..... that is a subjective phrase and you are asking us to believe it as opposed to just telling us the trust.... like hey guys we f-ed up please bear with us etc etc... instead we get some bs about how we perceive the event...  
2016-10-27
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

user83659cd408 Posted at 2016-10-28 03:10
DJI has yet to issue one single apology.

We have apologized.  We value our customers.  I appreciate Ken.  He is a valued member of my team.  I have many others, some you may recognize others you may not.  DJI is making a concerted effort to address the needs of our customers.  Are we always successful, no but that does not prevent us from continuing to try.

To all our customers, we apologize for the delays you are experiencing in the delivery of your Mavic.  We continue to build capacity to meet your demands.
2016-10-27
Use props
Z1uKtCi5N1Ix
lvl.1

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-28 03:33
We have apologized.  We value our customers.  I appreciate Ken.  He is a valued member of my team. ...

I think he means the company and formal communications. Forum support doesn't really count...
2016-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

user83659cd408 Posted at 2016-10-27 20:10
DJI has yet to issue one single apology.

To apologize is to lay the foundation for a future offense.
2016-10-27
Use props
civeng123
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-27 15:33
We have apologized.  We value our customers.  I appreciate Ken.  He is a valued member of my team. ...

Ed,
Why cant DJI give us an approximate ship date on any of our orders?  It shoud be a simple as seeing where someone is in line and projecting when enough units will be built to reach that point.

Shoot, my order was placed in the first three hours and no one will give me any info on an approximate ship date.
2016-10-27
Use props
method007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

ulyssescale Posted at 2016-10-28 02:33
I think you have over-inflated the value of a handful of nerds complaining on the internet.

That's the most accurate statement of this entire thread.
2016-10-27
Use props
method007
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-28 01:54
He has been banned, but will figure a way to get back.
We've been going through this for a long lo ...

He will eventually run out of VPN nodes.
2016-10-27
Use props
method007
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Z1uKtCi5N1Ix Posted at 2016-10-28 02:37
Is there any ground for a class action lawsuit? This is ridiculous and im afraid to cancel my order  ...

Class action lawsuits require actual damages.  They also require an actual problem.  DJI being a few days late shipping doesn't amount to anything other than regular business.
2016-10-27
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

Z1uKtCi5N1Ix Posted at 2016-10-27 14:36
I think he means the company and formal communications. Forum support doesn't really count...

Bingo.  

I don't think anyone here holds the forum support personnel responsible, nor do we expect an apology from them.   They are way down the food chain from those who ought to be communicating and apologizing for this mess.
2016-10-27
Use props
Z1uKtCi5N1Ix
lvl.1

method007 Posted at 2016-10-28 04:06
Class action lawsuits require actual damages.  They also require an actual problem.  DJI being a f ...

damages... Loss of value.. Loss of work...not being able to be refunded full amount... and the problem is misleading consumers which they have continued to do.
2016-10-27
Use props
MattN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104495 ft
United States

It would be nice to get a straight answer considering I've and many other people payed DJI $1400,00 over 3 weeks ago in good fath that they would be supplying us with a product... I don't mind waiting as long as I get an honest answer.. But If I don't get any new news soon I think I might cancel my order and go GoPro Karma.. I know the Mavic is a better drone, But GoPro at least takes care of their customers and dose not Lie to them..
2016-10-27
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-27 20:33

If DJI just say that due to unprecidented demand and our ability to manufacture the mavic fast enough. deliverys wont be achieved before december ... it might work out better
2016-10-27
Use props
user83659cd408
Banned

United States

2016-10-27
Use props
davcom1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440981 ft
United Kingdom

MattN Posted at 2016-10-27 21:11
It would be nice to get a straight answer considering I've and many other people payed DJI $1400,00  ...

Is the Karma available to buy now? Thought it was back to "coming soon".
2016-10-27
Use props
user83659cd408
Banned

United States

2016-10-27
Use props
MKSOL
lvl.1

United States

Ed

I respectfully disagree that "truth is in the eye of the beholder" - Truth is truth, its not subject to interpretation or subjective spin.  Given the series of official statements made via press releases, emails and official communications it seems truthful to say DJI as an organization has been less then forthcoming in admitting where they were in the ability to deliver.  If the article posted earlier is correct with respect to the statement that "DJI did confirm that full production of the Mavic Pro has not started but said the company was doing everything it could to get production ramped up as quickly as possible." it is clear that DJI has been deceptive in previous statements with terms such as "production is in full swing".

Quite simply if full production has not started the launch event misrepresented the state of product development in a big way. To open pre-orders when production lines were not in place, tested, and pumping out product is nothing short of deceptive business practice.  ADD to it charging and processing full payments long before being about to deliver - or have a reasonable expectation to deliver in a reasonable time frame adds to that deceptive and inappropriate business practice.  

And please before you say your welcome to cancel, I remind you that most of us incur foreign transaction fees - will DJI be compensating us for that as well?  I believe DJI executives need to do some deep soul searching when they arrive in the morning (a couple of hours from now) and consider issuing a specific statement about the state of production, their ability and time frame to fulfill preorders placed in the first week, and considering offing DJI Care at no cost to those who pre-ordered in the first couple of weeks who have been left in the dark and without product or any explanation.  But mind you, I do not hold my breath based on what has occurred so far.

Finally let me be clear, I think yourself and Ken are at this point doing your very best to be emphatic and considerate, but you never should have been put in that position by your organization.  I dont expect you to solve this or offer any solutions, just to convey what you are hearing to those who seem to make - or not make - decisions.

2016-10-27
Use props
HjM4qzGDMUeQ
lvl.2

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-28 02:50
HjM4qzGDMUeQ We aer working hard to do so.  I have posted this on other threads and forums but I wan ...

Ed, thank you for direct reply. I highly appreciate that. As other fellow member mentioned we are not looking for vague "tomorrow" or "apologize" . We just need to have (at least estimate) ship date for drone we paid 1400$.
Again, thank you for paying attention on your customer concerns.

2016-10-27
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

civeng123 Posted at 2016-10-28 03:40
Ed,
Why cant DJI give us an approximate ship date on any of our orders?  It shoud be a simple as s ...

Civeng, I do not know.  We are a private company and to disclose to our competitors our current situation with orders and shipments could give them a competitive advantage.  I do not know for sure but I do know that we have never released that information.
2016-10-27
Use props
MattN
lvl.2
United States

davcom1 Posted at 2016-10-27 13:30

No the Karma was pushed pretty much till the end of November, But at least they're giving their customers real information..
2016-10-27
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

MKSOL Posted at 2016-10-28 04:33
Ed

I respectfully disagree that "truth is in the eye of the beholder" - Truth is truth, its not sub ...

Mksol,  You are right Ken and I are forum support.  We do not set policy.  What I have posted expresses the company policy and my personal beliefs.  I wish I could solve everyones issues for them but I cannot.  I solve many individual tech/service issues.  I cannot solve sales issues.  
2016-10-27
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

davcom1 Posted at 2016-10-27 16:30

Only the version with the hero4 (it's now sold out on BB), the hero5 is pushed to mid November or something like that, who knows (information changes daily).
2016-10-27
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3

MKSOL Posted at 2016-10-28 01:52
This is the line that gets me

"DJI did confirm that full production of the Mavic Pro has not starte ...

I find the statment above disturbing!  Seeing as Adam Najberg posted I believe it was last week that the assembly line is in "full swing"
2016-10-27
Use props
HjM4qzGDMUeQ
lvl.2

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-28 04:40
Mksol,  You are right Ken and I are forum support.  We do not set policy.  What I have posted expr ...

Ed,
Would it be possible to invite sales representative , so we can ask him questions here, on forum or online in form of chat or web conference ?
2016-10-27
Use props
user83659cd408
Banned

United States

2016-10-27
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354131 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-28 03:39
To apologize is to lay the foundation for a future offense.

An apology is a way of taking ownership. By going dark on the issues, it signals deeper more troubling issues in the management structure of this company. The only reason they could be this silent is because something is wrong. If things were going great, they would tell us immediately -- "We weren't prepared, but folks we just made it possible to deliver 300% more Mavic Pros and we did it" -- but you're not hearing that. You're hearing crickets.

An apology and an explanation is a really powerful way to sweep all this negativity under the rug. But it's pretty clear they don't care about that.
2016-10-27
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-28 05:00
An apology is a way of taking ownership. By going dark on the issues, it signals deeper more troub ...

You are right about "sweeping things under the rug" they are intentionally running dark cause they know that the majority of people that placed orders immediately after the announcement are not going anywhere regardless of the lack of communication, in other works "they have us by the balls" they know they have a superior product and they are taking full advantage of that.
2016-10-27
Use props
method007
lvl.4
  • >>>

That email was made up, completely fabricated.  Its been said a thousand times, but of course, nobody cares because people really really want to complain.
2016-10-27
Use props
method007
lvl.4
  • >>>

Riotcontrol Posted at 2016-10-28 04:45
I find the statment above disturbing!  Seeing as Adam Najberg posted I believe it was last week tha ...

That statement was fabricated specifically to disturb you. The entire email was created by a troll.  Gizmodo is not a news site, it's a shit website that will say anything to get clicks.
2016-10-27
Use props
mb90
New

United States

Re: class action lawsuits. Lawyer here, checking in. Based on my experience and education, those who have experienced the foreign transaction fees have suffered damages. Those that are experiencing delays without the transaction fees will have  a much more difficult time prevailing on a breach of contract claim unless a court ruled that the delay was so long that it essentially was a constructive breach/frustration of purpose. DJI should be wary of Edelson, P.C. right now - they are killing it with consumer class action lawsuits and would likely have a field day with all of this.
I've accepted that I will be waiting for a while since I ordered on 10/7. Oh well. But I do find Adama Najberg's "updates" to be appallingly terrible and disingenuous.
2016-10-27
Use props
ulyssescale
New

United States

Who is this toolshed talking about a class action lawsuit? Lost wages? You mean the work you can't get done because you are crying on the internet? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You should plan now for your lawsuit against Star Wars for fraud because they killed Han Solo or because the toys in Cracker Jack aren't "real toys." Nerd.
2016-10-27
Use props
MKSOL
lvl.1

United States

method007 Posted at 2016-10-27 17:18
That email was made up, completely fabricated.  Its been said a thousand times, but of course, nobod ...

You have made this claim multiple times in multiple threads - where is your evidence it was fabricated?  Even Tahoe Ed in post #43 of this thread stated "While we're checking the origin of the email, even if it was from a DJI employee what they stated has no bearing in reality"

So he, a DJI employee is not saying its a fabrication - he does seems to state it is not correct, but he doesn't claim its a fabrication.  Perhaps you should consider dialing it back a notch?
2016-10-27
Use props
CaptObvious
New
Flight distance : 93865 ft
Ireland

Wee, they linked my order tracking spreadsheet.  Get your orders in guys - over 600 people have already - https://goo.gl/forms/Mc7nrz4d7wdLAHNL2
2016-10-27
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

MKSOL Posted at 2016-10-27 14:25
You have made this claim multiple times in multiple threads - where is your evidence it was fabric ...

Making a false statement, void of opinion, is a fabrication...
2016-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-27 22:00
An apology is a way of taking ownership. By going dark on the issues, it signals deeper more troub ...

I really don't think people accept apologies well, scenario if they came out tomorrow and said for the long term good of our company, we are no longer shipping Mavics to our private customers because we will risk loosing major retailers, we will ship your orders in January, people would go crazy, I would be one of them, it's human nature to harbour resentment for long periods after we receive apologies, although that is what we seemed to be looking for, but what we're really looking for is to have our Mavic .
It's to do with people not being able to handle the truth.
If however eventually when we receive our Mavics , what we're really looking for, and dji comes out and apologies for delay and say gives us credit for a new battery, people will be singing there praises, and that is the way PR will be thinking.
In situations like this you will find it hard to show me a situation were people after apologising were in anyway happy about what they were hearing, this is not like apologising to your wife but rather apologising to the masses, some will accept but most will be livid that this didn't happen from the outset.
You will get the usual apology sorry for delay for inconvenience and so on, but major apologies like people here are looking for just never happen because they will only incite further revolt.
The truth is people don't want to hear apologies that leaves them in a worse place than they are now, and this is my long winded opinion, for which I apologies. Lol
2016-10-27
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354131 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-28 05:39
I really don't think people accept apologies well, scenario if they came out tomorrow and said for ...

Apologies alone, maybe. But people want an explanation, and if they want to earn the trust back they would do that. Otherwise, they most definitely take a brand hit here.

Apple takes a while to recognize it has been at fault, but usually under enough pressure from the community it will admit in some way, and then find a way to remedy it. Even if it's meeting the consumer halfway.

DJI can choose not to do anything, that's fine. I personally will continue to buy their products. I own two Inspire 1's (a v1.0 and a v2.0) and this would be my third. I know I'll be buying a fourth. But no doubt others will not return. And I certainly know now not to trust the company as much as I did before.

Today I took receipt of my repaired Inspire 1 v1.0 (on my dime). It took them under 7 days for full roundtrip shipping, evaluation, estimation, payment processing, repair, testing, and quality assurance. Quite mind-blowing. There are some talented people working there. [The only problem was that they didn't send me back a case with working zippers, which was a bummer!]

It's easy to apologize, why not do it? It costs them *nothing* to do, and it shows that they have some cultural understanding:

"Hi, here at DJI we're sorry about the delays. What happened was that we had a short supply of batteries, and due to the overwhelming demand we just couldn't deliver on time. To regain your loyalty and trust, here's a $50 DJI credit to apply to anything you want to buy in a future transaction. We expect your Fly More combo to ship in 3-4 weeks. We realize this is not ideal, but it is the best we can do under the circumstances. Thank you!"

That wouldn't be hard at all. And the customer will think in their head "holy crap, how cool is that? they cared enough about me to treat me like an appreciated customer -- I love these guys"

But... it's not going to happen Again, doesn't affect me, I'm hooked... for now.
2016-10-27
Use props
MKSOL
lvl.1

United States

Schwavic Posted at 2016-10-27 17:31
Making a false statement, void of opinion, is a fabrication...

Yes that's a version of a definition - not evidence the email is a fabrication.  Still waiting.....
2016-10-27
Use props
pythagoras183
lvl.2

United States

"Full swing" is relative, guys. Much like truth.
2016-10-27
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

Dear Amerikans,

Thank you for your contribution in funding our rocket program.   Your money, along with funds acquired from missile sales to Iran, will position China to achieve the ultimate military high ground in space.   We have converted a portion of one our military factories to produce the drone which you ordered.   There is a slight delay while we affix mapping and imagery technology to the drone with the end goal of providing our military leaders with a complete and detailed 4K mapping of the Continental United States.   We appreciate your early investment in Global Communist Domination.   

Sincerely,
DJI
2016-10-27
Use props
MattN
lvl.2
United States

Problems with RTH?  Erratic return to home crashed this guy's Mavic
2016-10-27
Use props
1234Next >