Gizmodo uncovers some truth.... "DJI Is Misleading Customers Abou...
1234Next >
9001 150 2016-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

Uh oh.   This is one of now multiple reports of this behavior.    I'd call that a problem and not a fluke.   
2016-10-27
Use props
Birdog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 664521 ft
United States

Maybe we should all tie long pieces of string to them incase they try to wonder off, for me crashing it will be extremely annoying but it will be worse if I crash and damage something that belongs to someone else, or injure someone.
This will be my first drone (someday maybe) so need it to be as idiot proof as possible.
2016-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-27 22:55
Apologies alone, maybe. But people want an explanation, and if they want to earn the trust back th ...

I really don't think that kind of apology at this time will help dji, and that's the way PR will be thinking, they would be giving you $50 and in the same instance taking it away by telling you won't have your Mavic for 3/4 weeks,
The real reason for the delay here I think is dji oversold , and i don't in visage them coming out directly and saying that.

With Apple as you pointed out they are also famous for apologising but only after there customers have the products, and people accept this, why because they now have what they wanted in their hands. This is what dji will do , they will carry on struggle through and when people have there Mavics they will forget about all this and move on, you can see this on this forum, how many people who have received there products are on here complaining or showing solidarity with those who are still waiting , answer none, and why because they have moved on, and when dji sends an email out to them when this is all over with credit for $50 all will be forgiven, if you give them the $50 first and tell them wait 3/4 weeks they will have forgotten the $50 by the time the get their Mavic.

I don't think we will see a real apology from dji or do I expect one, except the usual throw them a bone keep them happy for awhile

2016-10-27
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

As expected...  there are some serious bugs to be worked out.  Even if my Mavic arrived today...  I would be afraid to fly it after seeing this video.

2016-10-27
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-27 18:01
As expected...  there are some serious bugs to be worked out.  Even if my Mavic arrived today...  I  ...

Why do you post this video in every thread??
2016-10-27
Use props
civeng123
lvl.2

United States

method007 Posted at 2016-10-27 19:22
Why do you post this video in every thread??

And it's only a portion of the issue the original poster is working on.
2016-10-27
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same question.  I have responded that we have two documented cases and we are assisting the users.  Fulgurite do you have an agenda? If she we are watching you.
2016-10-27
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-27 16:25
I have the same question.  I have responded that we have two documented cases and we are assisting t ...

OK.  Nuff said.  Just making sure you and all the other DJI customers are aware of the situation.

Yes I have an agenda:  Help DJI.  I just want the DJI employyes to have the feedback so they can make corrections ASAP and keep making great products!

And...  I want you to know I am watching you too Tahoe Ed.  ;-)  I have defended you on several posts on this forum.  And I repect all DJI moderators.

I am a very loyal DJI customer with a Mavic on order.  (Waiting patiently while you have my cash.)

I have the highest respect for DJI.  Just trying to make sure the issues are brought to the attention of DJI engineers and the issues get fixed.  Without feedback...  Your engineers can't fix stuff as quickly.  Same is true for customer service representatives.  They need feedback too.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to flying my new Mavic.

2016-10-27
Use props
LcQ7F88r48eS
lvl.1

Canada

Looks like Mavic pro is still in R&D stage.
2016-10-27
Use props
method007
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-27 17:58
I really don't think that kind of apology at this time will help dji, and that's the way PR will b ...

They likely got pre-orders for 100,000 units.  99% of those people are not on this forum.  This forum is frequented by people seeking help, people wanting to provide help, and people who want to complain.  Every product release there is a flood of new users who come in and treat people like crap, make things up, spread conspiracy theories, or much like Fulgerite, just try to exaggerate every possible issue that can pop up.  At least 99,000 are likely preordered and not on here complaining. DJI has no PR problem.  They are in no danger of anything.  The people who want the Mavic,the people who DJI wants as customers, are merely waiting.  As we have done before, on all of their other releases.  
2016-10-27
Use props
ecarpo
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-28 07:25
I have the same question.  I have responded that we have two documented cases and we are assisting t ...

"We are watching you"

Come on, seriously?
2016-10-27
Use props
jisaksen
lvl.1

United States

LcQ7F88r48eS Posted at 2016-10-27 16:35
Looks like Mavic pro is still in R&D stage.

It's slightly concerning because of the perceived (no idea how many are out there) small sample size and amplified by the signal to noise around these parts (DJI Forums over the past several weeks).  But bugs are to be expected.  

If they don't get squashed in a timely manner I'll start to worry.  My glass half full view for today is that this is a good reason my Mavic isn't here yet. ;)  See?  Sunshine and Rainbows for everyone!
2016-10-27
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

I dont mind to wait, I dont mind bad news.  But I hate lies.  Now requested my order to be cancelled.

"The truth is, that is only a very small quantity of it released to comfort the market. (Please make this confidential, just for you dealers.)

Please try your best to convince your customers to stick with you, don’t cancel their preorders. IF they head to DJI official store for it now, they will have to wait much much longer to get it because there are hundreds of thousands of preorders in line on DJI official store now and they will have to take care of it for the whole globe."

2016-10-27
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Australia

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-28 05:50
HjM4qzGDMUeQ We aer working hard to do so.  I have posted this on other threads and forums but I wan ...

They told me exactly the same when I call about a couple of days to customer support.
They even told me that the drones are not even built yet  and that the units they released was to calm the market.

They told me that the first production batch would be ready by December. Were they lying as well?
This game of truths and lies is hitting my nerves.
2016-10-27
Use props
method007
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ecarpo@hotmail. Posted at 2016-10-27 18:40
"We are watching you"

Come on, seriously?

People come in here and are paid by competition specifically to do things like that.  It's odd to run through a board and post the same thing over and over and over.  
2016-10-27
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-27 13:33
We have apologized.  We value our customers.  I appreciate Ken.  He is a valued member of my team. ...

Hi Tahoe Ed.
Although i realize your hands are tied and the limited update you have given is much appreciated however i ask you and others why do you subject yourself to continual abuse here representing a company as DJI.
This continues to happen with every release DJI puts forth and its further reaching than meets the eye.
What about having customers pay up front for a product that was supposed to ship mid October 2016?
What about certain members and customers that ordered much later than some of us and yet they have already received there product?
The list goes on and on. Personally and no offence but i hope you and your colleges are all retired and working for DJI because your bored as honestly i would not work for any Company that had absolutely zero integrity i am not sure how you guys could feel good about working for a company that clearly doesn't value customer service and being honest. Just not sure how any DJI employee sleeps good at night knowing full well there is no explanation other than the demand was greater than we anticipated so sorry bout your luck and thanks for your money and boosting our portfolio.
Completely embarrassing and final word you think people should not be upset and the first course of resolution is we can cancel your order for you.
That is not customer service... Listening to the same excuse "oh we have tens of thousands of orders" lets be realistic here and perhaps lets see these supposed orders as i am calling B.S.
Its nothing but excuses net result is you are forum moderators and the real reasons for the delays should be coming from the very people at the top of DJI and should not be forcing you guys into a position of blowing smoke up all of our backsides. Truly feel sorry for you folks but not for DJI.
2016-10-27
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Australia

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-28 05:50
HjM4qzGDMUeQ We aer working hard to do so.  I have posted this on other threads and forums but I wan ...

How many units have been produced?
Have me orders have you received?
How many order have been delivered?

I dare you to tells us.
2016-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

method007 Posted at 2016-10-28 00:37
They likely got pre-orders for 100,000 units.  99% of those people are not on this forum.  This fo ...

I know exactly where your coming from, there seem to be so many s**t stirrers coming out of the woods everyday, can't wait until it settles down and we get to chat about what we really want to, thanks method007..
2016-10-27
Use props
mxlmn
lvl.1

Hong Kong

wow, glad I cancelled a week ago... This is getting worse and worse.
2016-10-27
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

ecarpo@hotmail. Posted at 2016-10-27 16:40
"We are watching you"

Come on, seriously?

Well... I am somewhat glad Tahone Ed is paying attention.  That's his job.  And he is doing it well.  (Most of the time.)

When I bring up news items like this... It's because I want DJI to pay attention & be aware of what's going on.

I post stuff because I want to help DJI become better at what they do.  That's my only agenda.

I am sure Tahoe Ed is just trying to do his job and help.
2016-10-27
Use props
Ben Ditto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 239491 ft
Portugal

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-28 04:36
Civeng, I do not know.  We are a private company and to disclose to our competitors our current si ...

This has got to be the most ridiculous post in this forum, ever.

Never mind the competition, buddy. What about paying customers that have yet to see their product?!

Is this even real? A customer support manager saying stuff like this? I'm baffled.
2016-10-27
Use props
Ben Ditto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 239491 ft
Portugal

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-28 07:01
As expected...  there are some serious bugs to be worked out.  Even if my Mavic arrived today...  I  ...

Holy carp, that is scary. Thinking of keeping my P3 Pro and forgetting about the Mavic altogether... Deep down I knew it was too good to be true.
2016-10-27
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

I am sure the Mavic will be one of the most successful drones DJI ever produced.  I have no doubt they will get to the bottom of these glitches.   (As they did with the P2, P3 and P4...)  It's just growing pains.
2016-10-27
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Ben Ditto Posted at 2016-10-27 17:08
Holy carp, that is scary. Thinking of keeping my P3 Pro and forgetting about the Mavic altogether. ...

I had an early P3. It was plagued by far worse issues than we have seen here so far...  The P3 had many, many serious firmware bugs in the beginning too.  DJI will get it worked out.  They always do.
2016-10-27
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354131 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-28 06:58
I really don't think that kind of apology at this time will help dji, and that's the way PR will b ...

You might be expressing what you feel is ok, but if you read just about every person's comments on the forum (and trust me, I have read thousands and thousands of them over the last few days) you will see that just about everyone said they expect two things:

1) an explanation of what the delay is
2) general estimate of when they will receive their product

That's it. In fact, most people aren't even asking for a credit or some kind of payment.

So, while I agree with you that DJI will not do these things, this is what most people are wanting, and DJI doing these things would go a long way. You might not be asking for that, but every single other person on this forum seems to be.
2016-10-27
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

stratosHD Posted at 2016-10-28 07:50
How many units have been produced?
Have me orders have you received?
How many order have been deli ...

They're never going to tell that. It would give away too much to the competitors.
2016-10-27
Use props
bbkinglives
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

Visual Air Posted at 2016-10-27 19:49
Hi Tahoe Ed.
Although i realize your hands are tied and the limited update you have given is much  ...

This is how they feel when they go home:

https://www.glassdoor.com/Review ... Reviews-E730929.htm
2016-10-27
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-28 07:52
I know exactly where your coming from, there seem to be so many s**t stirrers coming out of the wo ...

You have to admit, the longer this goes on, the louder people get and the more articles that are written about this. Even I was less vocal about this before, but as more and more people that order 3 or 4 weeks after me are receiving their order before me and others, the more people get disappointed and frustrated.

I'm still happy to own DJI products, but feelings about the company are getting different based on the evidence provided. You likely haven't seen the last of this.
2016-10-27
Use props
bbkinglives
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

They more I research DJI the more I rather keep my money and they keep their drones! What do you expect when they treat their own employees like crap! Imagine what they think of us the customer! Appalling!
2016-10-27
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

method007 Posted at 2016-10-27 13:06
Class action lawsuits require actual damages.  They also require an actual problem.  DJI being a f ...

I would agree, however the facts support more than a disappointing late ship date.

Let's assume I pre-sold you a widget, now I explained the item is neither available or ready for shipment nevertheless I'm requiring full payment in advance.  If you proceed you're fully aware your wallet is instantly lighter or credit debt just increased.

Here's the catch . . . I notify you the supplier is delaying the parts, I need more time to complete and ship your order (pick you excuse).  Sure you could claim it was a gift your kid and now he's mentally damaged because he didn't have the best toy in the neighborhood for his B-Day, better yet . . . you had a contract with a client to film his home for an upcoming open house.  We could cry about it but late shipment dates are a fact, unless a contract has been drafted an agreed upon by both parties highlighting specific damages  it's just a spilled milk story.

Here's where the facts could support damage; because DJI requires full payment for the pre-order, ship dates become more important.  Since the consumer is immediately out-of-pocket the funds with nothing more than a commitment to deliver, that commitment becomes a critical quantifiable  in  the deal.  You have either lost the benefit of utilizing your funds, or your paying interest on the credit debt without the benefit of the item you ordered.  Again . . . if I told you it would be a month before you received my package you accepted the deal before proceeding.  If I change the dates, after taking all of your money now  you can make the case that damages are occurring at your expense.

DJI should have simply taken a deposit for the pre-orders and charged the remainder when the items shipped. Customers are never happy when you tell them there's a delay, but take all of their money and then tell them there's not only a delay but there's no specific date to deliver . . .  this is where the criminal action is created

Lastly . . . this is a Chinese company, successfully holding them accountable there would be about as likely as finding Hillary's missing emails or seeing Trump's tax returns. The fight would have to be directed at the retail outlets they have in outside Countries.  However in my opinion the damage done is already pretty extensive.  I believe most won't opt to purchase direct from DJI again, instead making the purchases through retailers more customer service oriented, that have clear refund policies and operate in Countries that better protect the consumer.

My .02
2016-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-28 01:35
You have to admit, the longer this goes on, the louder people get and the more articles that are w ...

We will have to agree to disagree ,
Threre is a huge difference between what you want ,and what you think you want, what I see from this forum is once people get there shipping confirmation or receive their Mavics , they don't complain anymore and why because they don't care , they got what they wanted, and there moving on.
What's on this forum is a tiny fraction of the people who bought Mavics , on any given day on any thread you can count about 20/25 people chatting, not thousands, the ones stirring people are faceless people who crawl out of the woodwork just as they did for P3 release and P4 inspire, they will disappear as many already have, And people who have been around here for a long time can recognise who they are.
What I see on this forum now is almost half the threads are about tech stuff ,and in a few weeks most of the threads will be about flying and tech, I've seen it before, I've seen longer delays for smaller releases and I've seen dji grow bigger, and I don't see anything changing.
2016-10-27
Use props
Butterpuff 6
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-28 04:36
Civeng, I do not know.  We are a private company and to disclose to our competitors our current si ...

Competitive advantage is used for one thing in a company, to efficiently win over customers from your competitors.  You put yourself at a competitive disadvantage when you lose your customers' trust and business.  Whatever minuscule advantage your competitors don't gain from being more transparent with your customers is going to be way more than offset by the loss of long-term and new customers.
2016-10-27
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-28 09:05
We will have to agree to disagree ,
Threre is a huge difference between what you want ,and what yo ...

If this was the truth, then you'd see this happening everywhere and companies causing problems for everyone everywhere. But you don't, generally! Because this is not acceptable behavior in most parts of the world. Comcast use to poop on all of their customers with terrible customer service. They eventually became America's #1 Worst Company for several years in a row. It absolutely impacted their growth. Now they've been working hard the last 2 years to change that image, and they have improved for the most part, but as I talked to people that stain/stench of it being bad has not left their mouths.

I think you're taking this all a bit too for granted. But that's OK.

Anyway, as I said before, I don't really care. I'm having fun while I wait. I will almost for sure continue to buy DJI stuff as I always have. But with all the newcomers to the scene, I don't think it's that straightforward for many, and the evidence is there that people are frustrated, but who cares because DJI clearly wants to keep everyone in the dark, so that's how it will be.
2016-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mooney Posted at 2016-10-28 01:42
I would agree, however the facts support more than a disappointing late ship date.

Let's assume I ...

You missed one point here, you enter into a contract that says you have to pay up front and your given a date as to when you can expect your product to be ready, if it's going to be late, you have the option to get your money back in full, if you don't exercise this part of the contract, then the contract has to be agreed by both parties to change, and whether you can claim for charges on your card is very debatable, but you cannot sue for interest for late delivery because you had the option to end the contract and get your money back as soon as the product was late.
That's. Why I have trouble with people complaining about dji holding on to they're money, they are not holding anybody's money , customers are just leaving there money in DJI's pocket.
2016-10-27
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Australia

bbkinglives Posted at 2016-10-28 11:35
This is how they feel when they go home:

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/DJI-Innovations-Review ...

This is my favorite.

"Typical Chinese employer, maybe worse than typical"

Current Employee - Public Relations in San Francisco, CA (US)       
Neutral Outlook
Disapproves of CEO
I have been working at DJI Innovations full-time (More than a year)

Pros
Exciting products. Decent salary. There is some amount of team mentality among the Western workers but definitely an "us vs. them" mindset.

Cons
Rigid, arrogant, punishment based culture. No one is trusted because that's how they view the world and their employees. Do not expect an ethical approach to business, it's more like how can I cheat others to get what's best for the company.

I can't wait to get out of this place

Advice to Management
When your talking your not listening. Listen to your employees, listen to your customers and embrace better business practices.
2016-10-27
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-27 18:26
You missed one point here, you enter into a contract that says you have to pay up front and your g ...

DJI has my full payment at this time.  And I have no intention of cancelling my order.  However This is not standard practice by most online businesses.  It's highly unusual.  Most online vendors do NOT charge until the shipment is ready to go.

I have ordered Apple products a MONTH before they have it ready to ship... and they do NOT charge until the day of shipment.

I will continue to wait.  I believe that DJI is worthy of my trust.  (They have rewarded me with excellent products in the past.)

Not saying that DJI is breaking any laws.  Just saying it's not the expected standard of doing business.  That's all.

2016-10-27
Use props
pocketpair25
lvl.1

United States

This is just wrong.
2016-10-27
Use props
method007
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mooney Posted at 2016-10-27 19:42

Let's assume I ...

Yea he was talking about a lawsuit.  Everything you described doesn't put any liability on DJI.  It's not DJI's fault that you don't have additional funds.  That's how it works in America at least.
2016-10-27
Use props
Jimmyb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31621 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm out. Just cancelled my order with Apple. My Osmo mobile failed within a month and we're being told by the team here that shaky videos are all the users fault, and nothing to do with the fact that the product shouldn't be advertised as compatible with the new iPhones.
Now, I'm reading about multiple bugs, and some fairly frightening crashes/flight behaviour from the very few people who have a Mavic.
Top that with shoddy build quality (loose screws in the Mavic body) and now a potential exposure of outright dishonesty from DJI about production of the Mavic and enough is enough for me.
If someone gets a Mavic quicker due to my cancellation, good,luck to them. I don't imagine DJI will be anywhere to be seen if that thing  fails and drops on someone.

NB I have no agenda, but if you want to watch me, you'll find my routine fairly dull. But feel free to reconfigure the Chinese spy satellites to take a peek!
2016-10-27
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Australia

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-28 07:36

Im sorry, how would giving us a delivery date would give other companies a competitive advantage?  Sorry, Ed, you have been put in the front lines by your company, and wont hold it against you mate, but that statement, if its official from DJI is ridiculous.
2016-10-27
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules