Gizmodo uncovers some truth.... "DJI Is Misleading Customers Abou...
8950 150 2016-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
szuo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5623 ft
United States

What backorder? I got mine this week. I thought I'd wait until mid November.
2016-10-27
Use props
vatogrande
lvl.1
United States

Jimmyb Posted at 2016-10-27 18:54
I'm out. Just cancelled my order with Apple. My Osmo mobile failed within a month and we're being to ...

I feel strongly that everyone above line 236 in this spreadsheet should cancel as well.  We should definitely show DJI that we mean business!  
https://docs.google.com/spreadsh ... /edit#gid=762137132
2016-10-27
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354131 ft

szuo Posted at 2016-10-28 11:02
What backorder? I got mine this week. I thought I'd wait until mid November.

Out of touch with reality. There are tons of us waiting. That's what a backlog is.
2016-10-27
Use props
5W1qoIwaf3En
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272953 ft
United States

If DJI is retooling to achieve higher production output, it may be sooner than you think to fulfill your orders even if you are back in the line. As long as the finished product won't have a higher than usual rate of defects, i'd be fine. If DJI somehow scrambles together a bunch defective units after the long delays, it will be grilled; simply put, this is just a bunch of people complaining about a 4-6 week delay. If the final products fail to deliver too, that will be the real flopper.
2016-10-27
Use props
leostark
lvl.2

Australia

stratosHD Posted at 2016-10-28 10:44
Im sorry, how would giving us a delivery date would give other companies a competitive advantage?  ...

well those of us who are in Australia seems to be constantly frowned upon (in terms of pricing) and neglected (in terms of release dates)
2016-10-27
Use props
copilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791736 ft
New Zealand

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-28 07:50
HjM4qzGDMUeQ We aer working hard to do so.  I have posted this on other threads and forums but I wan ...

Still keen!! Still holding on !!!! Any info any comment uz make helps so keep feeding us any info u have ;-) this forum helps us knoe more than nothing and ur guys responses mean alot to us...thanks
2016-10-27
Use props
BAMBOOYA
lvl.1

Taiwan

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-28 02:50
HjM4qzGDMUeQ We aer working hard to do so.  I have posted this on other threads and forums but I wan ...

Highly offensive you telling to me to wait. DID IT. DONE IT. ZERO. ZILCH! I guess DJI will have to learn the hard way. You be patient because the backlash has only begun. http://gizmodo.com/dji-is-mislea ... s-newest-1788251112
2016-10-27
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

Gizmodo? Aren't they the morons that deliberately crashed a P4 by flying it backwards in sports mode into a net, to prove the obstacle avoidance "didn't work"?
2016-10-27
Use props
z7BdJFqOQUAg
lvl.2

United States

bern.jules Posted at 2016-10-27 12:33
Why are you moderators deleting threads critical of DJI?

because this forum is not democracy it's owned by dji
2016-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-28 02:14
If this was the truth, then you'd see this happening everywhere and companies causing problems for  ...

Ok so it's now maybe a discussion for down the road sometime, I really hope you get your Mavic soon .
Just got email this morning here, that my Mavic Combo will be shipping early November, it didn't say what year. Lol
We live in hope.
2016-10-28
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-28 17:37
Ok so it's now maybe a discussion for down the road sometime, I really hope you get your Mavic soo ...

Ha! Nice, congratulations. I believe we both ordered on the 29th, so I guess that means there's hope for me soon.
2016-10-28
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-28 09:05
We will have to agree to disagree ,
Threre is a huge difference between what you want ,and what yo ...

I mean, you are right about that. People will move on. They'll get their new drone, and they'll never come back to the shipping threads again. Later, DJI might even lock or bury the thread so no one can dig up reconnaissance. It's like nature taking back abandoned areas by way of trees and roots and bushes.

But, doesn't mean it has to be this way

You have likely already seen what I do instead of complaining like most people are though... I've written new posts about tips/tricks, I've written tools to help figure out shipping, I've answered people's questions, etc. Who knows if I'm actually of any help to anyone... it's just a lot of fun, and it's a much better way to funnel frustrations than to bitch and moan like a lot of people do.

But again, doesn't make it right that DJI management's policy is silence.
2016-10-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-28 11:21
I mean, you are right about that. People will move on. They'll get their new drone, and they'll ne ...

I've read your posts they are exceptional and should be great help to all flyers, keep up the good work.
I think because of the success of Mavic and karma , finally getting of the ground, the size of the drone market has just grown substantially, this might encourage some of the other tech giants to get involved, never look a gift horse in the mouth, and that may force dji to change CS for the better, that would be a positive for all drone users.
2016-10-28
Use props
KJUmuI3PzpcL
lvl.2

United States

so due to this thread cancelled my order with dji (direct in chat). gambling with conrad.de which seem to have a set date for 11th Nov, which has been shifted since first launch but from what I see should be trust able.

also got scared not being able to bring it back to the store if something goes wrong.. now I can.
2016-10-28
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-28 18:39
I've read your posts they are exceptional and should be great help to all flyers, keep up the good ...

Yes! Competition will be good. It will force DJI to keep on top of their game. I'm excited to see what comes next. But first... the Mavic
2016-10-28
Use props
Vertical.Creati
lvl.3
United States

Nexus61779 Posted at 2016-10-27 13:54
Kinda strange that you can't even find the Mavic Pro on the Apple Store anymore http://www.apple.com ...

http://www.apple.com/shop/produc ... 0daf9e801dcc994e341
2016-10-28
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-27 18:26
You missed one point here, you enter into a contract that says you have to pay up front and your g ...

Hall,

It's after the fact.

The damage was already done when the product didn't arrive.

Refund may mitigate future losses, but not past.
2016-10-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mooney Posted at 2016-10-28 14:25
Hall,

It's after the fact.

This is extract of European consumer law , goods not delivered or delivered on time.
You can make what you want out of it, US consumer law may be different.

The right to a refund if your goods are not delivered
underline

You should receive the goods no later than 30 days from the date of purchase unless an alternative date has been agreed between you and the business before you enter into the contact.

If the goods are not delivered within the time frame you should contact the business and arrange another date that is suitable to you. If the business fails to deliver the goods on the new agreed date you can end the contract (due to the business not keeping to their side of the contract).  You should receive a full refund (including delivery cost if paid by you) without delay.

In cases where the delivery of the item is essential within a specified time frame e.g. a wedding dress. At the beginning of the contract you should inform the business of the wedding and agree a specific date for delivery. However, if it turns out the business cannot deliver the item, in this case the wedding dress, within this time frame and inform you of this, you can end the contract (due to the business not keeping to their side of the contract). You should receive a full refund (including delivery cost if paid by you) without delay.  

The business should refund you without any delay. It there is a delay in you receiving your refund and you paid for the goods using a credit or debit card, your card provider may agree to reverse the transaction. This is called a chargeback. Contact your bank or credit card company immediately and give them details of your transaction.

You will see here that on failure to deliver you can contact the business to enter into another contract and it's only when it fails a second time to deliver that you can claim a full refund..

I think this would cover buying drone for business use, you will have seen in the example of the wedding dress onus is on the consumer to let the vendor know the details of prompt delivery before entering into a contract to purchase...
2016-10-28
Use props
method007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-10-28 14:10
Gizmodo? Aren't they the morons that deliberately crashed a P4 by flying it backwards in sports mode ...

You are correct.  Gizmodo is basically a tabloid at this point.
2016-10-28
Use props
bbkinglives
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

@method007 how much is DJI paying you?
2016-10-28
Use props
darrencornwell
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1486 ft

The level of defense for DJI in this forum is insane. Customer service isn't difficult... whether the article is true or not it doesn't detract from the fact that communication & transparency aren't complicated.

- Give us our position in the queue
- Give us a rough estimate (even if it's in 2017) so we can make a decision to wait or just grab one next year when production issues are sorted
- Let us know what's shipped and where the queue currently stands.

I'm not fussed DJI have my money or that my drone will be delayed, I've come to terms with this. What I abhor is the complete lack of transparency, is it really too much to ask for an update.
2016-10-28
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

darrencornwell Posted at 2016-10-29 06:10
The level of defense for DJI in this forum is insane. Customer service isn't difficult... whether th ...

I think you said it perfectly.  Let us know so we can make an informed choice.
2016-10-28
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
United States

leostark Posted at 2016-10-28 00:24
well those of us who are in Australia seems to be constantly frowned upon (in terms of pricing) an ...

yup sadly we are, we pay more and many times we are always at the end of the priorities. Sadly
2016-10-29
Use props
kurofaust
lvl.1

United States

well when someone steps up to challenge DJI I will jump ships. Karma might have failed but I think they will learn from this mistake. Customer wise DJI will lose in that department every time.... Thanks for the answers ken
2016-10-29
Use props
method007
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

bbkinglives Posted at 2016-10-28 15:51
@method007 how much is DJI paying you?

I don't know what you mean?  I don't work for DJI.  Those people have DJI in their name.
2016-10-29
Use props
method007
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

usere70e752800 Posted at 2016-10-28 16:49
@bbkinglives- probably not much. They spend as little as possible on customer support. *please refra ...

You realize the world is not centered around this forum right?  You realize this happens every single product launch right?  "Leafers" come in, yell at DJI, exclaim they stopped shipping, yell they want free stuff, make up lies, insult long term forum members, then rinse and repeat.  DJI is a private company who owes you nothing.  Please, if your so upset you have to start lying, just get a refund and move on.  
2016-10-29
Use props
method007
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

darrencornwell Posted at 2016-10-28 17:10
The level of defense for DJI in this forum is insane. Customer service isn't difficult... whether th ...

They don't have the ability to give you that information, they do not have a system setup to do that.  If they did - they would tell you.  Now that you know that, get a refund and move on, or wait.  It's not defense of DJI, to annoyance of hearing the same complaint over and over and over.  It's almost like you guys have never pre-ordered something from DJI before.
2016-10-29
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

darrencornwell Posted at 2016-10-28 17:10

Like most others here waiting for a Mavic, I would like transpatency too. But let's come back to reality. China is the largest of 5 remaining Communist countries on this planet. Transparency and Communism do not really go together. It is what it is. I immediately considered this when it came tome to choose if I would order direct from DJI or from a retailer in my own country. I realize I will be waiting longer, but I did make the right decision. The Mavic will arrive when it's ready, but I am not expecting any explanation or timeline, because I am certain that they do not believe they owe us any more than we are paying for. I do not mean this in a disparaging way. Just stating the facts.
2016-10-29
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

usere70e752800 Posted at 2016-10-29 07:42
What will be funny is when they announce their next product at an event and they say, "In Stores Mar ...

Yes... After this, I could see that happening. However, if the new model is not just announced for the purpose of upstaging the competition, I suspect they would be able to deliver on their promises.
2016-10-29
Use props
Nexus61779
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22073 ft
United States

I'm curious, all of you that are saying the article by Gizmodo is fake, do you have a better explanation? Because the way I see it, it's the best I've seen so far...
2016-10-29
Use props
z7BdJFqOQUAg
lvl.2

usere70e752800 Posted at 2016-10-29 20:42
What will be funny is when they announce their next product at an event and they say, "In Stores Mar ...

yes I will my self 1
2016-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules