The Mavic Truth
3616 54 2016-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
copilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791736 ft
New Zealand

My supplier was told delay was a shortage on parts and due to blah blah over whelmed orders.....not many sent out so obviously something happening not to pan regardless ....pretty much just more info would help PEPs ;-)
2016-10-27
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

United States

copilot Posted at 2016-10-28 02:49
My supplier was told delay was a shortage on parts and due to blah blah over whelmed orders.....not  ...

All pre-orders have shipped
2016-10-27
Use props
Daveman
lvl.1
United States

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-27 12:45
Did you hear about the box factory shortage

Actually, I heard it was a copyright dispute.  Italy is suing DJI saying that the name of the drone is actually the Mauic and the ancient Romans copyrighted using the letter V as the letter U.  

I also heard there were logistics issues hampering transporting the drones for delivery.  Since Elvis has been in hiding so long, he needed extra money so he took on the job of driving the DJI delivery trucks.  Unfortunately, he was abducted by aliens in route and is currently in the process of being probed.  In the meantime, bigfoot emerged from the nearby woods and stole the truck left behind when Elvis was abducted.  Of course, these trucks weren't designed to handle drivers that have the stature of bigfoot making them driving them something of a challenge, he lost control and drove it in to a lake.  Now here's where it gets bad for the journey, it just so happens that in this lake, the loch ness monster was enjoying time on vacation when this truck plummets right in to his underwater living room.  They looked so small and tasty, nessy snapped them up and our precious drones are now snaking their way through the digestive system of a fictitious monster.  Fortunately, Santa is on the bank of the lake pouring in laxatives with a pooper scooper on the ready to snatch them when nessy passes them just in time for Christmas.  We will most certainly get them under the tree . . . you may want to wash them first.

Hey, this is about as likely of some of the other theories on the boards of late.

2016-10-27
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-28 02:44
I am sorry Ed, I was hoping it the intent of this post would be clear.  It's satire.  It probably d ...

Chris, we are trying to give users factual information in the front of misinformation.  Yes we are shipping.  Yes we do not have enough product to meet the current back log.  Are we working to bring the supply in alignment with demand, yes.  I do not think that DJI as a private company in China will give our users and their competitors our sales numbers or how many we have left to deliver.  That is not going to happen.  Sorry.
2016-10-27
Use props
Revs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73514 ft
United Kingdom

Jeezus Ed, you're spamproof!

Chris, this obviously is a lost art. Time to give it up {:4_177:}
2016-10-27
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

United States

Revs Posted at 2016-10-28 03:34
Jeezus Ed, you're spamproof!

Chris, this obviously is a lost art. Time to give it up

Give what up?
2016-10-27
Use props
z7BdJFqOQUAg
lvl.2

Saudi Arabia

Karma is watching
2016-10-27
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-27 14:42
Chris, I don't think so.  Truth is in the eye of the beholder. While the originator of the email was ...

Just curious, if 50 is a total fabrication, what was the actual unit count? Some others believe 200 was the number. The Google Spreadsheet just shows a handful out of the 650 being tracked have shipped.
2016-10-27
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-28 03:27
Chris, we are trying to give users factual information in the front of misinformation.  Yes we are ...

I'm sorry, really I am, I didn't intend to waste your time.  Have a great day.
2016-10-27
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

In fairness to Tahoe Ed he is just trying to help...

He does not have the authority to disclose the sales / shipment numbers.

I am sure DJI is doing their best to ship as many orders as possible ASAP.  It's a good situation to be in for DJI.  Not so good for all of us waiting...
2016-10-27
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What a load of time wasting crap
2016-10-27
Use props
Virgil Cameron
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22320 ft
Netherlands

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-27 17:48
I've also heard they are low on drone juice and mavic powder, which would make production very diffi ...

lol this got me
2016-10-27
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

Those lying on the floor sniffed all the mavic powder then realized they were thirsty so they drank the drone juice.
2016-10-27
Use props
chris50
lvl.2

United States

Lepus Posted at 2016-10-28 06:04
Those lying on the floor sniffed all the mavic powder then realized they were thirsty so they drank  ...

Those silly drone builders, always with the powder sniffing
2016-10-27
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

FlashGJ Posted at 2016-10-27 10:38
I got a sneak peek inside the DJI Factory yesterday. Yep.... In full swing!

Probably not far from the actual situation.
2016-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules