Will be a delay on P4 shortly as everyone cancels and steps back one INNOVATION
2016-10-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

csbaker80 Posted at 2016-10-28 06:35
DJI-Ken - I did start a ticket with support over the website chat yesterday, but I never heard any ...

Have you called the 818 number?
Create a email and I will email you.
Also, I will make sure that you are contacted tomorrow.
2016-10-27
Use props
csbaker80
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-27 21:41
Have you called the 818 number?
Create a email and I will email you.
Also, I will make sure that y ...

csbaker80 (at) gmail.com
2016-10-27
Use props
nudann
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361188 ft
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-28 09:18
Don't worry it WILL get worked out.  (They always do...)

However in this case... Not sure ATTI wou ...

What I heard and read about the current Mavic issues, I think even RTH wouldn't do anything better in that situation. Probably doing an RTH would have caused that drifting away problem or whatever. There must be an emergency option to turn ALL DJI magic stuff off and completely fly it on manual mode.

It's extremely scary, hearing that one doesn't have control over the drone... WTF
2016-10-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

csbaker80 Posted at 2016-10-28 10:35
csbaker80 (at) gmail.com

I'm getting an error, have you synced the flight records to the DJI cloud?
2016-10-27
Use props
MavicUser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 431417 ft
Hong Kong

See this video on how to download the DAT log file for your flights so DJI can have a look:
2016-10-27
Use props
hepnotic
lvl.1

United States

Im pretty new to this, but I gotta say, its pretty neat that we can look at someones flight log for their quadcopter like an investigator looks at a crashed planes black box to determine the cause. And funny that we can question his handling of the control sticks.
2016-10-27
Use props
csbaker80
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-27 23:29
I'm getting an error, have you synced the flight records to the DJI cloud?

Here is the link to my full logs (2GB file)

logs
2016-10-28
Use props
mikesher.live
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you update the firmware?   I fly mostly over water, and I need a reliable platform.  I have 2 P3P's and have never had any issues like the ones being reported on the Mavic.  
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

csbaker80 Posted at 2016-10-28 21:51
Here is the link to my full logs (2GB file)

logs

I can only view your flight log from the GO app when synced to the server and I connect to that.
So I cannot read this file.
Attach the link to your ticket?case# and the flight data analysis team will read it.
2016-10-28
Use props
csbaker80
lvl.1

United States

mikesher.live Posted at 2016-10-28 10:48
Did you update the firmware?   I fly mostly over water, and I need a reliable platform.  I have 2 P3 ...

Yes, I updated the firmware before flying it for the first time
2016-10-28
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136900 ft

Posts like this are really scaring me... It's gonna be my first drone and I'm gonna be flying it in Malaysia and Thailand. And I wanted to fly it over water but I'm really getting worried it's just gonna decide to speed away go for a swim... Genuinely concerned.
2016-10-28
Use props
mikesher.live
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Kuzz Posted at 2016-10-29 01:16
Posts like this are really scaring me... It's gonna be my first drone and I'm gonna be flying it in  ...

Yes, I am feeling the same.  I haven't seen this kind of bad behavior since the Phantom 1 series.  There is no room for error when flying over water.  Any loss of control or accidental crash and you can kiss your Mavic goodbye.

This is definitely not my first drone, and even as an experienced pilot this scares me.  Makes me glad I didn't jump on the pre-order bandwagon right away.
2016-10-28
Use props
mikesher.live
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

csbaker80 Posted at 2016-10-29 00:23
Yes, I updated the firmware before flying it for the first time

Ouch!  I was afraid you were going to say that.  Hope DJI gets this sorted out quickly.
2016-10-28
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

mikesher.live Posted at 2016-10-28 11:01
Yes, I am feeling the same.  I haven't seen this kind of bad behavior since the Phantom 1 series.  ...

I remember issues like this with my P3...  I just waited to read the forum reports from other users  before installing the updates.

I don't think the Mavic is any different than other previous DJI product releases.  There always seems to be a few bugs in the beginning.  It will get sorted out pretty soon.
2016-10-28
Use props
mikesher.live
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-29 02:20
I remember issues like this with my P3...  I just waited to read the forum reports from other user ...

I must have gotten lucky.  I never had these issues with either of my P3P's, and both are from the first series shipped.  

Hopefully, they will have it sorted out by the time the Mavic is generally available.
2016-10-28
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft

I'm considering myself lucky... I'm on my 12th flight and I fly it until the low battery indicator kicks in and I've always used the RTH function with no issues. I'm also surrounded by three very tall radio towers from our local radio stations. So far my Mavic has been performing well. My Samsung S7 Edge prompted me that there is a new update for Android. Who knows, this update might break stuff.

To the OP, I'm sorry you,ve encountered these problems. I hope you get a fast resolution.
2016-10-28
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

No Man's Drone Posted at 2016-10-28 11:33
I'm considering myself lucky... I'm on my 12th flight and I fly it until the low battery indicator k ...

If it's working OK right now...  I would NOT update Android until you see others on this forum reporting that DJI-Go is compatible with your phone & Android update.  Some people have reported Samsun S7's crashing & rebooting when running the latest Android version.
2016-10-28
Use props
csbaker80
lvl.1

United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-28 14:20
I remember issues like this with my P3...  I just waited to read the forum reports from other user ...

I understand rushed QA when you're releasing a piece of software that needs to hit a deadline, but when that software is controlling a $1k piece of hardware hovering hundreds of feet in the air, you better be 100% certain there are no bugs.

What would have happened if the Mavic flew off to somewhere that I couldn't retrieve it? The burden of proof is on me, so I assume that I would be completely screwed. Thank God these problems all happened in my yard.

As an update, customer service got back to me and is sending me a UPS label to send it in for "repair". I'm cautiously optimistic that everything will turn out fine. I'm thinking this is a software issue more than a hardware issue. At the very least, I hope they'll give me replacement propellers for my beta testing efforts.

I guess I'll have to wait a few more weeks until I can fly it again...it was fun while it lasted.
2016-10-28
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

csbaker80 Posted at 2016-10-28 11:36
I understand rushed QA when you're releasing a piece of software that needs to hit a deadline, but ...

In my experience owning a new P2 and P3 when they came out...  There are always a few glitches in the beginning.  (And yes some people crash as a result...)  That's why it's good to follow this user forum and read about new firmware updates before YOU install one.  I have seen some firmware updates on the P3 make it completely unstable.  Then it get's fixed a few weeks later...  Eventually it always gets sorted out.  It just takes time.

If you are expecting perfection out of the box with a new Drone...  You are naieve.  (No matter how much it costs.)
2016-10-28
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-29 02:35
If it's working OK right now...  I would NOT update Android until you see others on this forum rep ...

Gotcha. I was on the latest Android version though -- same version with other people who were having the phone reboot/crash issues.

Someone in this forum who's using Samsung S7 Edge did recommend for me to disable fast wireless/wired charging feature to avoid the reboot issue on the S7. So far so good. Other people with the same Android version and have disabled the fast charging feature are still experiencing phone reboot. It's weird.
2016-10-28
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Yeah...  Running DJI-Go on Android has always been a bit dicy.  So many combinations of hardware and Android.  Also background apps like Google+, Facebook etc eat up processor cycles.

I own some Nvidia Shield tablets.  They are very fast.  But I still prefer to use my iOS devices.  Seems like DJI always get's the latest versions out on iOS weeks or months before the Android version comes out.  I just have a more stable flying experience on iOS.  Not saying Apple is better...  I love Android too.  It's just that I seem to have less trouble with DJI-Go on iOS.
2016-10-28
Use props
aeoncs
New

United Kingdom

Sold my P3 to get one of these, I am sure glad I decided to wait and didn't preorder one... I will probably end up getting a 4k TV and PS4 Pro now...
2016-10-28
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-28 14:12
Yeah...  Running DJI-Go on Android has always been a bit dicy.  So many combinations of hardware and ...

On my P4, I rad DJI Go on a Nexus 7 (gen 2), and on an LG G4. Both are Android Marshmellow. Never had DJI Go crash or do anything weird. It was rock solid. Would not surprise me, however, if there were issues with Samsung phones, which are always problematic with 3rd party software. I had a Samsung phone once, and learned my lesson. I will never use one again.
2016-10-28
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

(Following)
2016-10-28
Use props
KulaHI
lvl.1

United States

Ordered 10/15 So I imagine it will be a while before I get mine.  Hopefully by then DJI will have identified the cause of all these issues and resolved them.  If not then I plan on keeping it grounded until they do.  I have a franken-quad and TBS Disco both built around DJI Naza FCs that I'll continue to fly in the meantime.
2016-10-28
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

dana5 Posted at 2016-10-28 14:02
On my P4, I rad DJI Go on a Nexus 7 (gen 2), and on an LG G4. Both are Android Marshmellow. Never  ...

Disabling all the junk like Google Hangouts and Google this & that....  Speeds up the Android devices hugely.

I am sure that some devices can be configured to work.  I have just had a lot of issues with Android and read about a lot of complaints from Android users about issues running DJI-Go.  It's just a lot of different hardware and software combinations to sort out.  iOS is a lot simpler due to limited hardware configurations and and consistent OS across most devices in the wild.
2016-10-28
Use props
Handsfreebicycl
lvl.2

csbaker80 Posted at 2016-10-29 02:36
I understand rushed QA when you're releasing a piece of software that needs to hit a deadline, but ...

they should give you 20 sets of props.......

If I were you, i must be crazy sending back the drone to them and to start waiting endlessly again.....
2016-10-28
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

Based on all the problem reports like these for the Mavic, this appears to be a beta test and not actually the first consumer ready batch...

Sorry you are having to deal with this. And paid good money and have went through plenty of hassle already for the pleasure to do so.
2016-10-28
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ange1walk Posted at 2016-10-27 18:07
No matter what he was flying before or didn't fly, if this is all true and checked positive, this  ...

Actually.....

No educated pilot would try the tracking feature in ANY area where a "miss" would have the model flying into a tree. We all know that follow-me (of all sorts) is an "extra" feature that should be carefully tested and only used (in general) in wide open areas. These things are not magic.

Without looking at the logs I could make a guess - the thing crashed a couple times which messed up the IMU or other stuff insider and then acted funny.

Not saying that's the case....but it DOES really matter how people use these things. I have used Phantoms (4 models) for 3+ years and never damaged any of them....and the only time I even attempted a follow-me was in an open field on my bike as part of a review (after 4 years total drone experience)....

Just saying....these machines are not designed to crash and as advanced as they are, nothing can protect us from ourselves. These are NOT for follow-me though the trees. They are Aerial Photography and Video platforms with some basic avoidance tech in them.

2016-10-28
Use props
Gray Volk
lvl.2
United States

HFI Posted at 2016-10-27 18:54
Yes this is starting to feel like a rush to market.

Looking forward to when all the bugs are ironed ...

they've destroyed karma though, and that matters
2016-10-28
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gray Volk Posted at 2016-10-28 22:05

Perhaps a basic reading of the manual may have prevented the first crashes?

I really wonder - do people think this is a "buy and fly" aircraft? Turn it on and tell it to follow you through the trees? Sorry, but they call us "pilots" for a reason. Here are DJI's first listings regarding activetrack or follow-me:
See the part about trees? Obstacles?
There is a lot to learn about these machines. I started with model rockets 50 years ago and am still learning. To say "it doesn't matter" whether the pilot read the manual and knows the ropes is crazy talk. Sorry, but it is.
Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 10.20.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 10.20.03 PM.png
2016-10-28
Use props
vietnamodyssey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25430 ft
United States

bbkinglives Posted at 2016-10-28 06:59
Oh boy! Sorry to hear it mate. On  side note it makes me feel a tad better I cancelled my order toda ...

Did you cancel your Mavic order with DJI?
Ordered mine from DJI. Thinking about cancelling it since it hasn't been shipped yet.
2016-10-28
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.2

mikesher.live Posted at 2016-10-29 02:01
Yes, I am feeling the same.  I haven't seen this kind of bad behavior since the Phantom 1 series.  ...

Let's hope I encounter no issues. I am very careful with all of my things. I won't be doing anything stupid for my first flight. I've already started reading the 62 page user manual. Will have that finished by next week when mines arrives.
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Kuzz Posted at 2016-10-28 23:45
Let's hope I encounter no issues. I am very careful with all of my things. I won't be doing anythi ...

We also encourage you to visit the forum often. I hate to say this, but it's true a lot of real life scenarios  are not covered in the manual, and you may learn from other's experience.
2016-10-28
Use props
Gray Volk
lvl.2
United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2016-10-28 22:22
Perhaps a basic reading of the manual may have prevented the first crashes?

I really wonder - do p ...

When drone starts spinning uncontrollably, it's just a bug or 'imperfection'. This happened to veterans with years of experience with DJI drones. Things like this shouldn't happen with release product. DJI rushed it to the market just because Karma came out. As the result Karma is almost dead and Mavic isn't market ready. When I placed an order I was counting on DJI reputation and was expecting a reliable drone which I can use to make video. The video was the goal. Not just flying something or trying to fly. So, I'm sort of lucky for not having my order shipped.

Another interesting thing here, none of 'official' reviewers, who got Mavic for free, reported this sort of problems. I don't think they somehow got lucky. At least one Mavic was 'lost' and that was explained as, you know, we don't know what happened, it's ok, sh** happens to good products too.

DJI is still the leader, just this launch wasn't their best..
BTW, still better than some phones, at least they don't bow up in mid-air and no one was hurt.
2016-10-28
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.2

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-29 12:31
We also encourage you to visit the forum often. I hate to say this, but it's true a lot of real li ...

I most definitely intend on staying on the forums after I receive my drone. Already seeing what experienced drone users are posting about has helped me start preparing for my new Mavic
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Csbaker can you please email me your contact information?

Ken.booth@dji.com
2016-10-29
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

Gray Volk Posted at 2016-10-28 22:05

Why does that matter to you? If by they you mean DJI.
As a consumer, competition is a good thing.
If you are the only serious game in town it is good for the company bad for.......
2016-10-29
Use props
Gray Volk
lvl.2
United States

CabinPete Posted at 2016-10-29 10:18
Why does that matter to you? If by they you mean DJI.
As a consumer, competition is a good thing.

That matters for DJI, and GoPro. Competition is good, but it gets dirty sometimes... all the time actually. For me what matters is that Mavic isn't ready. I saw it as an opportunity to start filming earlier. It didn't happened unfortunately. Well, I'll be back in spring, hopefully Mavic will be fixed by then and it wouldn't be the only option on the market.

PS: Karma with Hero5 is priced at $1,099 on BestBuy. How much it was when it launched.. $1299? And it still doesn't sell well, everyone is waiting for Mavic.

PPS: No-name, Cheap and DIY drones aren't an option as they can fail at any moment.
2016-10-29
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules