Another new Mavic with another new issue...?
2126 11 2016-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

(Not mine)
Skip to 6:13

2016-10-27
Use props
Airwater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1517057 ft
United Kingdom

Probably lost GPS because he hadn't updated to the latest firmware before flying.
2016-10-27
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

May be this issue:

2016-10-27
Use props
MavicUser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 431417 ft
Hong Kong

Obviously lost GPS, went to ATTI mode and drifted with the wind... He could have just flown it back manually, but obviously has absolutely no experience at all and expects the automation to always work...  He's lucky it didn't hurt anyone.  These are the people who should not be flying drones...
2016-10-27
Use props
Mayoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

On the RC Groups some one said its just an app issue and not controller and will not affect the flight. it will be still fixed
2016-10-27
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

MavicUser Posted at 2016-10-27 21:17
Obviously lost GPS, went to ATTI mode and drifted with the wind... He could have just flown it back  ...

Odd that it could lose GPS out in the open like that...  That doesn't make sense.
2016-10-27
Use props
lasdrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 201549 ft
  • >>>
United States

Schwavic Posted at 2016-10-27 23:19
Odd that it could lose GPS out in the open like that...  That doesn't make sense.

can take up to 30-60 seconds to gain a solid gps lock. We don't know all the details. I.E. he could have powered it inside a building and then walked it outside to take off. and atti mode would have been enabeled till gps finished the lock.
2016-10-27
Use props
MavicUser
lvl.3
United States

Schwavic Posted at 2016-10-27 22:19

He was next to a building that is full of metal, and possibly antennas on the top of that building broadcasting who knows at what frequency..   In any case, it is definitely possible for GPS lock to be lost even when you are under a full open sky.  It may not be often that this happens, but it can happen.

As the pilot, it would be your responsibility to be able to control the Mavic should the unexpected happen, such as a loss of GPS signal, causing it to go to ATTI mode..   I would personally prefer to fly in ATTI mode instead of relying on GPS/VPS/etc....  Hope DJI makes ATTI mode manually switchable in a future update...
2016-10-27
Use props
Revs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73514 ft
United Kingdom

The KP Index has been very high over the last day or two. I had a rating of 6 in the UK yesterday, which is too high to be relying on GPS.
2016-10-27
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is the problem on some forums and to be honest on this one as well, people do not have enough understand of what they are doing, we don't have the facts but I tell you what I guarantee that it is user error. There are so many videos now on YouTube with people not even being able to power on the aircraft, cant fit the props, if they cant do that they will have ignored the firmware message, will not have done the calibration. Did they take it out of GPS mode and practice ATTI flying? Doubt it

If he had of done that he could have recovered the Mavic, I have had experience of loosing GPS and while my heart was pound I managed to safely land the P4

We cant just blame DJI every time some fool thinks they no everything but knows nothing
2016-10-27
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Double post
2016-10-27
Use props
MavicUser
lvl.3
United States

Exib Posted at 2016-10-28 00:34
This is the problem on some forums and to be honest on this one as well, people do not have enough u ...

The Mavic cannot be switched to ATTI mode manually.  It only automatically go to ATTI mode if the GPS has problems.  This feature has been requested by DJI staff, but there is no confirmation if it will be implemented in the firmware/software in future.
2016-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules