What is the "return home alt" for in the phantom assistant software??
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mpm00572.gmail
lvl.1

United States

I flew my phantom out of sight, maybe 3000' or so, I really was not paying attention to the FPV so not sure exactly how far. Sure enough I lost control signal, a few seconds later it said it was coming home, and here it came. Perfect, I didn't let it land just toggled the S1 switch and regained control and kept on flying.

My question is this: In the phantom 2 assistant software, under the advanced tab, and then limits tab, and then under the "GO HOME ALT" it is set to 66' as a default. WHAT IS THIS FOR? If the phantom always went to 66' before going home it would hit every tree and every power line before it ever made it home.

For example, I was at about 250' yesterday when I lost control signal and the phantom went into fail safe mode and RTH. It sure as hell didn't come home at 66' it appeared to me it stayed at around 250' at the altitude I was flying at.

Never the less I changed that setting to 150' last night but I do not see where it makes a difference or when it goes to that altitude? Possibly if your flying less than that? Say you are around 40' and lose signal it will climb to 66' (default) or what ever you have it set to and return home?

Thanks a bunch for any reply, is really bugging the hell out of me !!!

Happy Flying!!!
2015-2-4
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

that is the MINIMUM so it will go up to that but wont come down to that.  
2015-2-4
Use props
mpm00572.gmail
lvl.1

United States

Excellent! Thanks so much!
2015-2-4
Use props
johnwarr.live
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Whatever the RTH altitude is set for, when the Phantom enters RTH state it will do one of two things.
1. If the Phantom is under the set RTH altitude it will climb to that altitude and come back.
2. If the Phantom is over the set RTH altitude it will stay at whatever height it is at and come back.

2015-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules