Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nikolaospaschal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3093517 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Hello guys
i am authorised from local airport control tower (category B) to fly and take some pictures for them.
Is it possible or not?

Regards
Nikos

2015-2-4
Use props
momochi
lvl.2

United States

It is possible since you have authorization to do so. What aircraft will you be using? Which fly control system? A2? Wookong?
2015-2-4
Use props
nikolaospaschal
lvl.4
  • >>>
Greece

S1000 and A2 .Or inspire 1 or Phantom 2.
I don't mind which one but i need to disable the no fly in any of it ......
2015-2-4
Use props
nikolaospaschal
lvl.4
  • >>>
Greece

Any idea on this please?
2015-2-5
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

send a mail to me. autumn.a@dji.com
2015-2-6
Use props
nikolaospaschal
lvl.4
  • >>>
Greece

I did just know ....I am regarding your answer.
Thanks
Nikos
2015-2-6
Use props
wtaylor
lvl.1

United States

nikolaospaschal Posted at 2015-2-6 19:00
I did just know ....I am regarding your answer.
Thanks
Nikos

Nikos,
Did you get any good information from Autumn?  

Autumn,
When will all the airports be implemented into the No-Fly zones?  I watched the video () from 3 weeks ago that stated they were adding airports (starting at :46s) so will I have to have a firmware update for them to take affect?  Also, they stated the restrictions will be more relative to the airport.  If this is the case, wouldn't that mean that the restrictions should be more of a rectangle with a trapezoid coming off each end of runways for approaches?  It isn't fair that the FAA are giving us restrictions and DJI is trying to limit us more than them.  Give us warnings, but don't "kill" us unless you are going to do it effectively.  If you do it effectively, and you keep the .6 miles from the runways then my campus is more than .6 miles from the runway sideways so I won't be limited.

I work at a college (which used to be an aviation college) and we are right beside an airport.  We purchased an Inspire 1 to do some virtual tour videos and also record some outdoor classes and completely understand the restrictions.  I had someone report that they were able to take off in the "no-fly" zone today of the local airport.  If we are going to be restricted, then we maybe needing to return this device.

We are in great relations with the airport authorities so would love to be able to use our device as intended.  We don't need to climb over say 100' (we will have a 100' climbing pole for lineworkers) except maybe if we want a picture of the campus.  It would be nice to have a restriction release code in the software.  

Autumn, if you are willing to talk with me I'd love to give/get more information but didn't want to email you directly.

Thanks
2015-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules