RC Battery Life?
1230 10 2016-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zach5150
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225148 ft
United States

I am waiting (not so patiently) for the Fly More combo to arrive. I like the idea of having extra batteries ready to go. However, I was watching one of the many videos on youtube of people who recieved their Mavic and one of them mentioned the RC battery seemed to drain quicker than his Phantom 3. I guess that's not surprising considering the size difference, I'm sure the Mavic RC has a smaller battery, but my question is does anyone know how long the RC will last? Will it last long enough to use all 3 batteries on the Mavic? I presume the battery in the RC is sealed and not swappable?
2016-10-28
Use props
Mpampis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276476 ft
Germany

You're not going to have any problems because with one complete charge of the RC you can use it more than 2h. With 3 batteries you can fly almost 1h 20min.
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

The RC battery will drain faster than a Phantom/Inspire RC. But it's good for 5-6 full battery flights so it will easily last for your 3 batteries.
And yes, it's not user swappable.
2016-10-28
Use props
Tenreth
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-28 23:41
The RC battery will drain faster than a Phantom/Inspire RC. But it's good for 5-6 full battery fligh ...

Can you disable the phone charging? It's draining the remote pretty fast. No way you get 6 flights out of it.
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Tenreth Posted at 2016-10-29 00:33
Can you disable the phone charging? It's draining the remote pretty fast. No way you get 6 flights ...

I don't know if there's a setting on your phone to not let it charge.
But, the charge rate is very small, I connected my phone to the RC and it took about 10 minutes to move only a few %.I did order one of these so I can see exactly what the amperage is drawing from the RC.
Should know by next week.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2016-10-28
Use props
mattrinehart5
lvl.2

United States

This might be a dumb question but how do you charge the RC??
2016-10-28
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

mattrinehart5 Posted at 2016-10-28 10:36

The controller has a micro USB connector.  The Mavic charger plugs into the controller and Mavic battery at the same time to charge both.  Or you can probably use any micro USB cable & USB charger as well.
2016-10-28
Use props
Tenreth
lvl.2

mattrinehart5 Posted at 2016-10-29 01:36

you put the usb cable into the same jack, the phone uses
it's on the left side
2016-10-28
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

So one thing I would suggest.  (Perhaps DJI-Ken can confirm this...)   I have read on other threads that the Mavic controller actually charges your mobile device while it's ON.  So if your mobile device is drained before you start using the controller you are going to drain the controllers battery much faster.  For  this reason... I would make sure your mobile device (phone) is fully charged as well as the Mavic controller to get the best battery life out of the controller.
2016-10-28
Use props
mattrinehart5
lvl.2

United States

Tenreth Posted at 2016-10-29 01:40
you put the usb cable into the same jack, the phone uses
it's on the left side

Thanks! I was thinking of something else. I was thinking there was a separate battery on the aircraft for transmission alone. Wasn't thinking of the controller.  That's why I was confused.
2016-10-28
Use props
zach5150
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225148 ft
United States

Thanks for the feedback all! Now...just need the dang thing to arrive!

Looking forward to your update on current draw DJIKen!
2016-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules