New inspire Owner, I have some questions.
1813 14 2015-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

hello everyone, I have some quick questions in anticipation of my inspire order.

1- I was told by my reseller that I am being sent a "second" production batch machine which already comes with the new firmware (not sure what version that is supposed to be) and properler locks. Is there such a thing ? I thought the prop locks where being sent afterwars and the users needed to do their firmware updates?

2- Regarding flying around airports and restircted areas (white house). What is the limitation of the UAS ? Does it not fly within a perimeter, where can I get that information please?

3- Last but not least, I plan on using an Android tablet with OS 4.4.x,  I understand the camera streams to the tablet just like many other UAS out there. I also understand the Inspire has DJI's Lightbridge onboard. My question is, is there any lag on the screen?

4-Can I retract and deploy the landing gear as I wish (meaning can I fly with it down to protect the camera).

Thank you all in advance.

2015-2-4
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

Deleted...
Double posted some how...
2015-2-4
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

1. Prop locks came with my new I1 (rec'd yesterday).
Always review firmware to be sure that it is up to date (have not yet checked mine).

2. http://www.dji.com/fly-safe

3. Lag depends on the device.
Some Androids are better than others, iOS stuff is best.

4. The landing gear can remain down.

2015-2-4
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I am just afraid I wont be able to fly anywhere. I have 2 airports next to me.  
I am also concerned about the video lag, is it bad? I though the light-bridge was the "bomb"  Has anyone tried to fly FPV?

2015-2-4
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

There's some FPV going on in this clip:
2015-2-4
Use props
michael.equip4w
New

United Kingdom

Hi,

i recieved my Inspire yesterday and have flown it 3 times already. It had the latest firmware installed already but didnt come with prop locks.

i have been using an ipad air and iphone 6 + to dual control. Not one bit of lag on the light bridge and i have been flying over a KM away. footage is crisp and in HD. super chuft with this drone!
2015-2-5
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

great, thank you for the update. I hope the LB likes my Note 8 or Note 10. I don't plan to fly far as a matter. I plan to keep it in line of sight
2015-2-5
Use props
brosgen.magtech
lvl.1

Canada

I received my inspire yesterday and it came with prop locks and had the new firmware in the aircraft. The remote did not have it installed but it was not a problem installing.
2015-2-5
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

You have to update the Firmware no matter which batch you are recieving, theQuads come with the original Firmware pre loaded.

The App will not let you fly in the restricted areas. Picture it as a funnel with the tip at the center of the Airport and expanding out with height. Really neat when you think about it. Great safety feature. I would not fly anywhere of an Airport, just asking for trouble that will effect all of us. Be safe!
2015-2-5
Use props
abe.abekleinfel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

FoxSTI Posted at 2015-2-5 04:03
I am just afraid I wont be able to fly anywhere. I have 2 airports next to me.  
I am also concerned ...

Just stay 5 miles away from an airport and you will be able to fly with no restrictions. Between 1.5 miles and 5 miles, there will be a height restriction from 35 feet to 400 feet, increasing as you move farther away from the airport.
2015-2-5
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Guys, I bought the kit with one transmitter.  I am unable to find a list of the contents of such kit  in terms of batteries, spare props and most important of all, is my case the same case as the case that comes in the kit with the 2 transmitters - for when I upgrade.

Also, has DJI announced which if any FPV goggles work with the inspire and if head tracking is supported?
2015-2-5
Use props
Bkackman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3445020 ft
United States

I just received my inspire today. It was from batch 2. The firmware was the most current. There were no prop locks in the package. I have not experienced an lag.
2015-2-5
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

okay I got my bird today also.. (10 mins ago)
some observations, I have have been able to look at the firmware but my case has some dents and my controller had some scratches on the part that support the tablet clamp. My camera also had some black marks on the bottom... I am not getting a good feeling about this...
I thought I was supposed to put the markings on the equipment..

No pro locks here either.
2015-2-9
Use props
dbeck.promobox
lvl.4

United States

return  it was a loaner
2015-2-9
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4