It's probably a bad idea to Multi-Order
772 6 2016-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

I would recommend all those people who are ordering from multiple places at this time, you might want to give up.  Unless you are absolutely certain they have the item in stock and will deliver it right away.  All the resellers/dealers have absolutely no idea when they will get the item.  Yes they have dates posted, just like DJI does, but those dates are place holders.  The dates will change as soon as the reseller/dealer realizes they didn't receive stock, then they verify with DJI who tells them they don't know.  The two latest dates I have seen for Apple are Dec 23, 27th.  Now if you have not ordered from DJI directly and you are considering ordering with a credit card, I would recommend ordering from reseller/dealer who will only charge you when the item is shipped.  The problem with multi-ordering is it provides DJI with a false sense that they are over-whelmed by orders.  No one knows what the delay is, not even the resellers/dealers have a sweet effin clue what is going on.  Yes some have received an initial batch, but that is probably it.  Good luck to all, hopefully you will see your drone soon.  For those who ordered in October, just to let you know September orders are not all filled.
2016-10-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You make a good point, it certainly does not help people waiting here, who knows if dji favours or are under pressure from these retailers, would hate to think my mavic is being set aside because Amazon has a new customer fresh from here..
This thread makes good sense..
2016-10-28
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

Why does it matter if DJI is overwhelmed? If anything that will push them to produce faster (open more production lines, extra hours, etc). I don't blame others for placing orders with multiple vendors in hopes of one or the other getting stock early.
2016-10-28
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Multiple orders creates delays for everybody, period.  Even the person doing the multiple orders gets a delay, because another person doing multiple orders before them caused it.  
2016-10-28
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

At this point I'm not ordering anywhere else.   Resellers such as Walmart, Beach Camera, B&H, and Best Buy have all sent out notifications that they have no idea when their stock will arrive and have pushed their dates to the end of November.    It's really of no use to order anywhere else other than your original.
2016-10-28
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

jvanderhoff Posted at 2016-10-28 11:54
Why does it matter if DJI is overwhelmed? If anything that will push them to produce faster (open mo ...

They can't produce them faster, they are already at full capacity. Producing anything to fast hurts quality.
2016-10-28
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2016-10-29 00:27
They can't produce them faster, they are already at full capacity. Producing anything to fast hurt ...

You will just find more screws loose, and less blades in the actual item.  ;)
2016-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules