WARNING 3.10 FIRMWARE UPDATE!! ATTN: DJI MANAGEMENT
11093 37 2015-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
josephbobowicz.
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DJI MANAGEMENT: Why has the 3.10 version of the P2V+ Main Controller Firmware reverted back to: "Latest version 3.08"? It defies logic in my mind to "Upgrade" to a previous version. I am currently running v3.10 and also have updated the firmware to my camera to the latest version. If I update by downgrading to version 3.08 will that effect my cameras performance in using the latest version of the cameras firmware? See below screen capture regarding the latest version of the Main Controller it is apparently a downgrade to the previous version. My concern is seeing reports of issues in flying using the v3.10 Firmware update which I currently have installed.

WTF.jpg
2015-2-4
Use props
MilspecJSC
lvl.2

United States

I'm in the exact same boat. Hopefully somebody at DJI will respond.
2015-2-4
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

I downgraded mine since I had a huge crash after the 3.10 upgrade.  I just got back from flying four full batteries and Dulce performed very well.  I don't slam her around and fly in ATTI mode a lot now, but she flew just great, even the times when a gust of wind took her.  I am glad they gave us 3.08 again, i just wish they'd done it before i destroyed a $400 gimbal.
2015-2-4
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

I have zero issues with the new 3.10
2015-2-4
Use props
johnwarr.live
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Fully updated a few days ago (3.10) and zero problems here, but DJI do need to keep us in the loop more about the firmware releases.
2015-2-4
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You have GPS version 6.0.1.4 so I suspect your Phantoms is not a V3.

I don't think DJI did any testing on prior hardware versions and for V3 owners the firmware is reasonably stable.

You should downgrade to 3.08 if you intend to fly your Phantom.

The new Camera version was released before 3.10 so should be OK.

I suspect DJI do not keep testing stock of older hardware versions. If they don't its a big flaw in their testing procedures.

Cheers  
2015-2-4
Use props
josephbobowicz.
lvl.4

United Kingdom

UPDATE FROM DJI. See below screen capture . . .

DJI.jpg
2015-2-5
Use props
khanhrad.yahoo
lvl.1

United States

What a mess.  DJI, please stop using us as beta testers!
2015-2-5
Use props
ZippyZapp
lvl.2
United States

They sent out an email about it just a couple hours ago with the same info.  Don't update.  If you did revert...

2015-2-5
Use props
horndrup
New

Denmark

Where do you register to get these status mails from DJI ?
2015-2-5
Use props
josephbobowicz.
lvl.4

United Kingdom

horndrup Posted at 2015-2-5 23:48
Where do you register to get these status mails from DJI ?

https://www.dji.com/user/register
2015-2-5
Use props
gerd.kockerbeck
lvl.1

Germany

josephbobowicz. Posted at 2015-2-6 00:27
https://www.dji.com/user/register

Hello,
I am registerd, but I didn't receive this email.
2015-2-5
Use props
markkinley.yaho
lvl.4

United States

Ok ... I'm totally confused. I just upgraded to 3.10 and have not flown my PV2+ yet..
Do i even attempt to take off.  
My question is ?

Does a firmware update that result in an accident,  cause me to contact SquareTrade  or DJI?

DJI- this really is a major issue. I  cannot buy another phantom or another camera right now.
"very disturbing"

2015-2-5
Use props
dbeck.promobox
lvl.4

United States

You can see under "info"..."newsletter" on the PT2 app the info
2015-2-5
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

There is a pop screen when you connect to the computer and start the assistant
2015-2-5
Use props
mjmccluskey
lvl.2

United States

I have decided to sell mine and look else where.  This is unacceptable support and development.  Nothing will change until DJI feels a financial impact.
2015-2-5
Use props
perdidoflyer
lvl.2

United States

I agree...this is quite a mess. From my perspective, as to P2 V+, there was a firmware update to the camera, and a corresponding update to the iOS Vision App. Then, there was an update to firmware for the Phantom (thanks to the flyer that landed on the White House lawn), and thus a corresponding update to PT2 in which that firmware was embedded. Some Windows users had to re-download the drivers and then install the new PT2, I at least, on the Mac, had no problem. Now DJI is saying to go back to the download site and revert to to 3.08, which would presumably replace the firmware in Phantom, and also they are saying that they have submitted a new iOS Vision App, which should appear on the App Store soon. I am having no problems flying all the latest/previous software/firmware, but think I will stand down for now, in the hope that DJI will straighten this out.
2015-2-5
Use props
rondrice.gmail
lvl.1

United States

The V3.10 update may have been based on and rushed out to users of the Phantom Series Quadcopter because of the incident that happened at the White House in Washington, DC.  Could be the main intention of V3.10 is to ground all Phantoms in that 15.5 mile no fly zone? DJI may be trying to cover their own tracks and put the update out prematurely before being tried and tested for compatibility.
2015-2-5
Use props
hcoduarte.gmail
lvl.2

Portugal

This is such a shame, I mean its not the first time DJI is retracting an update (smart batteries). I love the product, I hope they take this more seriously because it's people's money, passion, time that is being put in the line here. I have a P2V+ and each day that passes and with each DJI fail I think about selling it and probably try out a Yuneec Q500. I love the product, I feel excited about having updates and new features (this basically keeps the product "fresh) but I don't want to have to pay a new copter for that.

So please DJI, while there is time, put your s*** together and make proper tests before launching new software, because one error could cost a lot to the brand, in terms of image, respect and loyalty.

Sincerely yours, a once happier DJI customer.
2015-2-5
Use props
josephbobowicz.
lvl.4

United Kingdom

gerd.kockerbeck Posted at 2015-2-6 00:38
Hello,

DJI Management please give us an explanation?
2015-2-5
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

gerd.kockerbeck Posted at 2015-2-6 00:38
Hello,

nor me.   I am on 3.10 and it flies like a dream- so what a quandry! do I downdate or leave as is?  I guess its a downdate logically.
Rod
2015-2-5
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

rod Posted at 2015-2-6 07:27
nor me.   I am on 3.10 and it flies like a dream- so what a quandry! do I downdate or leave as is? ...

Well, I have downgraded to v3.08 and the N/A has returned at the top of the screen and I have lost the GPS warning on startup.  That's progress! (not :@) I hope they fix it soon.

Rod
2015-2-5
Use props
bengalboy69.gma
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

I receive all advertising and promotional emails from DJI, but, no word of software/firmware issues.  I have performed all updates to my Vision+ V3.0  flight system as follows, Vision Assistant 3.6 handling the installation of main controller firmware.

1.  Upgraded the Vision App on my HTC One M8 to 1.0.56.
2.  Upgraded the Camera firmware to version 1.3 via SD card installation of .bin file.
3.  Upgraded the main controller software from 3.08 to 3.10.

After upgrading my Vision app, but, prior to the release of the camera firmware, flying my Vision+ resulted in a laggy and pixelated view onscreen of the camera's video stream.  Dropping the WiFi connection and re-connection occurred rather abnormally during camera operation resulting in a dead video/camera icon.  Exiting camera app and restarting enabled the video/camera icons again.  N/A was displayed at the top right corner where the battery level bar had previously been stretched.  No other information displayed.

A few days after the Vision app upgrade, the new camera firmware 1.3 became available for download.  After upgrading the camera firmware to version 1.3, I went flying again.  On this day the Vision app video feed was stable, clear and smooth.  None of the above pixelated and laggy response.  The top of the Vision app still displayed N/A just to the right of the new battery level bar.  I still don't get any of the information that upgrading the Vision app was supposed to provide.  However, two flights went well, no issues, video feed back to quality I had become accustomed.  Apparently, upgrading the camera app made its video stream to the newly upgraded Vision app synch correctly.

A few days later the firmware for 3.10 comes out after the "White House Drone Drama" occurred and I upgrade from 3.08 using the Vision Assistant 3.6 (apparently some are using Vision Assistant 3.8).  I have now completely updated my "flight system", (FPV software on Smartphone for vision, camera firmware for streaming video from sensor, flight controller on drone to update its sensors & hardware operation) to the most current firmware.   I go flying.  For two batteries I enjoyed a great pair of flights.  My Vision app finally displayed the new features it promised, I downloaded the Vision+ manual, new warnings popped up on screen as pre-flight and the top right corner displayed a green light and "ready" instead of "N/A"...  Finally, everything seemed to work seamlessly again since I updated the Vision app.

Now I read about this request to "roll back" to version 3.08 and one Pilot saying his Vision app lost functionality for all features again and I don't know if I want to.  Right now, my opinion is my Vision+ performs and operates better than it ever has.
2015-2-5
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

bengalboy69.gma Posted at 2015-2-6 13:22
I receive all advertising and promotional emails from DJI, but, no word of software/firmware issues. ...

Yes, I agree, but when they re-issue v3.10 (or whatever they decide to call it!) , it may well be based on upgrading from v3.08-  who knows what the mysterious DJI will do next??  

My bird flew perfectly with all functions firing before this recommendation to downgrade  immediately, so there may be as yet undiscovered horrors lurking in v3.10
Cheers!
Rod
2015-2-5
Use props
abe.abekleinfel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone tried flying with the downgraded 3.08 firmware and the new 1.0.46 iPhone app that they say you shouldn't use but who's replacement is not yet available?
2015-2-5
Use props
ronnydsosa.gmai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

Im not rolling back to 3.8.. No way.. Thats asking for a whole a lot new set of bugs... I dunno whats the deal is with DJI but my bird never flew this good.. I even get more satellites on the ground than i ever did before... So no I'm not rolling back.:@
2015-2-5
Use props
bengalboy69.gma
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

abe.abekleinfel Posted at 2015-2-6 13:54
Has anyone tried flying with the downgraded 3.08 firmware and the new 1.0.46 iPhone app that they sa ...

The new iOS Vision app, version 1.0.48 is reported to be available in the App Store now.
2015-2-5
Use props
trailtec.dodo
lvl.2

Australia

Sigh, I'm new at this, I have had five flights over two days and already I'm questioing my investment (1k was a very big ask for me right now). Users should NOT be beta test subjects undery any circumstances.

I sell hardened computers in the marine and mining trades. We make our own shock proof backplanes and filtered enclosures to keep out dust and salt. I test a MB/CPU/RAM/HDD/OS setup myself for not weeks but months (cutting edge is not important to my clients, reliability is) before changing our specs and that is how it should be. What is happening here is just plain wrong.

It's not DJI per se it's the Chinese mindset and China needs to understand that the rest of the world expects better than the home market puts up with. Sooner or later word will get out to the masess, a better product will come along with vastly superiior support and they will lose their market dominence. That my friends will their loss and our gain.
2015-2-6
Use props
trailtec.dodo
lvl.2

Australia

And what do I get when I go there? A security certificate warning . . .
FFS DJI, keep your SSL certs up to date!!!!!

edit: And in addition when I checked the number on the bird what do I find? Fecking Helipal have sold me a V1.4 bird, last week! Not happy Jan . . .
2015-2-6
Use props
mauriciobuenfil
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4803 ft
Mexico

I've been having issues with Firmware 3.10.

The morning after updating it, flew the P2V+ V3.0 until depleting one batt. I took it down and then replaced the batt for a charged one and it was just after finishing the start sequence that the "MC: Invaild Battery" legend came up in the VISION App. Replaced it for another charged one and same story. GPS starts, the camera works, gimbal levels, gets 13 satellites but there's no engine start.

Checked out YouTube and forums and some said it had to be something with the small spring connectors at the battery bay. That wasn't my case.

When I connected the phantom to my Mac, the Assistant Software alert said that my battery wasn't valid. Downgraded the Firmware from 3.10 to 3.8 as adviced by DJI and upgraded the Assistant Software by downloading the 3.8 version straight from DJI's website. Also read that someone had issues with the iOS VISION App 1.0.46 and waited for DJI to release the latest version - as they said through a pop up in the App - which they did just a few hours ago.

Already updated the iOS VISION App App to 1.0.48 and I am still getting the "MC: Invalid Battery" message.

Any ideas?
2015-2-6
Use props
abe.abekleinfel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

bengalboy69.gma Posted at 2015-2-6 15:45
The new iOS Vision app, version 1.0.48 is reported to be available in the App Store now.

Indeed! Thank you!
2015-2-6
Use props
areischauer.ear
lvl.2
Flight distance : 257382 ft
United States

DJI management.   Bottom line is simple as this.   Fix the issues, if unable, inform your customers until a resolution is determined.   I've never know a company to be so secretive in its actions especially when they directly affect its customers.  There are far too many software and hardware issues with your products.  It won't be long until your customers take business elsewhere if this continues.  Consumers of DJI products, you want fixes? Then voice your concerns and if it doesn't work, then stop buying a faulty product!  I love my phantom but won't stand for subpar quality!!  Once the financial crunch is felt then perhaps DJI will wake up.  
2015-2-6
Use props
Larry L
lvl.3

United States

bengalboy69.gma Posted at 2015-2-6 15:45

Flew this morning after downgrading last night. Nothing out of the ordinary to report.
2015-2-6
Use props
bengalboy69.gma
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I have read on DJI's and PhantomPilots forums that people who have rolled back are now experiencing problems. Glitches,, issues with Vision app not functioning correctly, etc.... After upgrading all of my flight control systems to current firmware, everything operates seemlessly. Altough I have a fear of the unknown (why the heck does DJI want me to roll back to 3.08 when 3.10 now makes everything work so good), I also realize that some people don't know what they are doing when it comes to updating computer systems. One update builds on another and without properly updating all systems, bugs and software crashes occur. Hardware also can play a part in updates functioning properly on one computer, but, crash another. I have a Vision+ V3.0 which seems to perform exacty as it should now. The update on a V2.0 vision with different hardware may not work so well. Again, it would be much better if DJI would just tell us as owners what to look for, what to be aware the risks are, and let us make an informed decission on whether to roll back the firmware or not
2015-2-6
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

bengalboy69.gma Posted at 2015-2-7 03:34
I have read on DJI's and PhantomPilots forums that people who have rolled back are now experiencing ...

Hi, yes mine too seemed perfect with V3.10.  I was loathe to downgrade, but DJI have unusually been very proactive about recommending a roll back to 3.08- They have immediately responded on this site and on the assistant programme, so they REALLY want us to roll back and I am listening!  

If there is a UXB in v3.10 I am not keen to be the one finding it.    So we can make our own decisions and assess the risks , but whatever happens be prepared to own the outcome!  {:3_41:}  
2015-2-6
Use props
bengalboy69.gma
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I flew today with 2 batteries.  All the new features of the Vision app dashboard working like they never had before upgrading to 3.10 and the new status bar with "Red Flashing Boarder" alerting to low battery status and "bring it home now or else" really work well and only worked after upgrading to 3.10.  I've now flown my Vision+ on 6 flights since upgrading.  Everything is seemless and the video feed is smooth and lag free. (this went away after upgrading the Vision app by installing the new camera firmware to 1.3)  However, the Vision app still lost WiFi signal when operating the camera in RAW and now,,, since upgrading to 3.10,,, my WiFi connection seems to work much better when shooting RAW photos. It still takes several seconds to write the file, but, has not crashed the camera app like it has done since purchase.  I don't know, I haven't had any "Error 25" notices,, the preflight information with the new Vision app 1.0.54 finally works,, and works very well, I might add.  I'm not rolling back.  Until DJI comes out with an explanation about why I should or risk a Space Shuttle catastrophe of blowing up in the sky,,, I'm very, very happy with the upgrade to Vision app 1.0.54, camera firmware 1.3 and of course, controller firmware 3.10.

Vision app 1.0.54 dashboard is fully functional after 3.10 update.

Vision app 1.0.54 dashboard is fully functional after 3.10 update.
657e534c306d0ef54fc395b0ec1f4e5e_1.jpg
2015-2-6
Use props
Peter hardy
New

United Kingdom

mjmccluskey Posted at 2015-2-6 02:37
I have decided to sell mine and look else where.  This is unacceptable support and development.  Not ...

I think i will do the same.
2015-2-6
Use props
josephbobowicz.
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Group yet another horror story. Check out what recently happened to my friend Chris Wileman. I really am starting to feel in my gut every time I fly my DJI Products that I am playing Russian Roulette. What happened to Chris is just awful! For the details see my attachment below:

Chris Wileman.jpg
2015-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules