1226 6 2016-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Krankie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered my Mavic within the first 1-2 hours it was released.  What's going on DJI?  I'm not sure if anyone else bought this as an alternative to other brand offerings, however I bought this figuring I would get it quicker.  I know a lot of people on this forum, and have talked to a lot of you on gigs or on IG. From conversations I would say that the issue is not the fact that DJI can't get these out in time.  I imagine at this point, nobody thinks DJI can have a succesful product launch.  However could we at least have some accountibility instead of,  "demand is too big".   I believe there could be demand, however,  if I ordered my product within the first two hours, are you telling me you can't get even get first day sales out within 2 weeks of estimate!?  If DJI can't get supply out, this is a production problem, and I have a feeling the Mavic was a brisk reaction to GoPro's offering.  They probably said to themselves lets release this earlier then intended in order to stamp out the competition.  Ok, I understand the business mentality, however I think you guys constantly shoot yourselves in the foot by pissing off your fan base every single product launch.  People let you off the hook becasue they expect it.  Other companies are getting increasingly better, and this isn't going to stand anymore.  A quick look at Instagram and other Social Media outlets clearly show DJI losing market share.  The only reason I say this is because I like DJI products and I really hope they get better.  It's seriously getting old DJI.  I think you should offer an olive branch to your loyal customers.  
2016-10-28
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

Krankie you sound familiar.  Maybe it's just the name.
2016-10-28
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft

Honestly I think DJI is going by first come first serve, but I guess sometimes they'll just randomly skip some orders for whatever reason. They're not sticking to that rule entirely, just trying to get as many orders shipped out as possible throughout each day. I do think that the ones who ordered back in September should have their orders shipped out first, straight off the bat, that's just common courtesy, they've been waiting ages. Bit out of order if a person who ordered just two days ago has his order dispatched right there and then, and a guy who ordered two weeks ago is still in pending status lol, tearing his hair out wondering on why his order still hasn't been looked at.

Have patience. DJI will get your lovely Mavic drone into your home at some point. Just don't get pissed off when someone who ordered a Mavic recently gets his order looked at in fine detail and the order dispatched swiftly. Just a bit of luck is all.
2016-10-28
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

Are you a famous Youtuber? No? Well, then you will get the production batch of December.

Ordered as well on the announcement day and they said my order would probably be sent in 5 business days, yeah. right
2016-10-28
Use props
PlunderFest
lvl.1
Flight distance : 243173 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a nice YouTube following and I have been kicked to November. So YouTube has nothing to really do with it.
2016-10-28
Use props
Krankie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

So you all are saying some have actually been shipped?
2016-10-30
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
Canada

Krankie Posted at 2016-10-30 19:14
So you all are saying some have actually been shipped?

Yes, some people have gotten their Mavics and are crashing them daily, read the other posts. Ok maybe not daily, but some are having issues that I am glad to wait to be sorted out...
2016-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules