Carbon Props on Ebay ????
2013 7 2015-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
apjr1.verizon
lvl.2

United States

has anyone used this made in China carbon fiber props from Ebay?
2015-2-4
Use props
christensonphot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 392129 ft

United States

I've wondered the same thing.
2015-2-4
Use props
ajgraham.waitro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 475289 ft
Netherlands

I've just received a set from eBay but I was surprised how different they were to the DJI props. The eBay props have an obvious carbon weave and are much stiffer than the DJI props. I thought I had read that DJI were reinforcing their props because of the increase in size from the Phantom so I x-rayed both sets. The carbon weave is clearly visible in the eBay props but I cannot see any reinforcement in the DJI.

Optical comparison between the DJI (top) and eBay props

Optical comparison between the DJI (top) and eBay props
2015-2-12
Use props
apjr1.verizon
lvl.2

United States

let me know how it works for you? i would try in low close to the ground just in case
2015-2-12
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

ajgraham.waitro Posted at 2015-2-13 01:05
I've just received a set from eBay but I was surprised how different they were to the DJI props. The ...

Please let us know how do they work with your Inspire, I'm curios if there is a visible improvement in flight behaviour, battery time etc.
2015-2-12
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

Only my opinion ...

With the size and complexity of the Inspire, I can't understand why anyone would screw around with third party props.  Especially carbon fiber. We know from the P2V that carbon fiber cuts right through skin, significantly more than less rigid props. Why take the risk in flight behavior and accidental injury.

Let DJI figure it out.

Ebay and props ...  Probably not a good combination.

2015-2-12
Use props
shielding
lvl.1

United States

2015-2-12
Use props
ajgraham.waitro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 475289 ft
Netherlands

The video is interesting but his second round of testing seems to show much less difference in performance:

When I bought the eBay props I thought I was getting OEM but this was me not reading the small print well enough. Now I've seen them and they are obviously not from DJI I don't think I will be using them. I was more surprised that there appears to be no fibre reinforcement in the OEM props. In another thread I recommended not using a 3d printer to home build props. I still stand by that recommendation because of the polymer systems used for 3d printing but my justification about reinforcement was obviously not true.
2015-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules