Can't remove controller joysticks?
12381 92 2016-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tivoboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9984 ft
United States

hmm, is there any way to confirm which controllers versions have the removable sticks? Before pulling too hard? ;-)
2017-1-6
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

giusis00 Posted at 2016-11-1 23:55
It's really bad now.. it doesn't even enter inside his bag (the joystick touches the side and moves.. with the time the spring can get some memory on that side).

This works awesome if you still have your Mavic box. Just cut out the black packing part of it and viola, sticks are protected. This way I don't have to worry about removing sticks or damaging when inside my backpack. Thanks to whomever originally showed this.

071115i11zdgafju81nafn.jpg
071145z1869auc6izbazra.jpg
071031om7aii8z24g44m4i.jpg
2017-1-6
Use props
way wrong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 351631 ft
Estonia

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-1-6 22:33
This works awesome if you still have your Mavic box. Just cut out the black packing part of it and viola, sticks are protected. This way I don't have to worry about removing sticks or damaging when inside may backpack. Thanks to whomever originally showed this.

You can glue velcro strips to this mould and then it's easier to secure and to remove the mould from remote.
2017-1-7
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-1-6 22:33
This works awesome if you still have your Mavic box. Just cut out the black packing part of it and viola, sticks are protected. This way I don't have to worry about removing sticks or damaging when inside may backpack. Thanks to whomever originally showed this.

Brilliant, thanks for the tip -- love the velcro idea as well.
2017-1-7
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

tivoboy Posted at 2017-1-6 09:26
hmm, is there any way to confirm which controllers versions have the removable sticks? Before pulling too hard? ;-)

Yea you can read ... its written in this thread.
  It's been confirmed many times the sticks are not designed to be removed. As people have shown they can be removed with a little force but they are not intended to be removed.  I'm not sure why you would need to remove them just put the controller on a slight angle, center the joysticks to a corner and they don't touch.
2017-1-7
Use props
tivoboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9984 ft
United States

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2017-1-7 10:49
Yea you can read ... its written in this thread.
  It's been confirmed many times the sticks are not designed to be removed. As people have shown they can be removed with a little force but they are not intended to be removed.  I'm not sure why you would need to remove them just put the controller on a slight angle, center the joysticks to a corner and they don't touch.

thanks DA
was that so hard?
2017-1-8
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

tivoboy Posted at 2017-1-6 09:26

I've asked and there is no "series of serial numbers" that anyone has come up with to determine whether or not your controller has control sticks that can be removed.  The consensus seems to be "early" production copies could be removed, "Later" copies were changed and are not removable.

I have a video posted showing the best way I have found to remove them IF yours are removable and IF you want to remove them.

I choose to and appreciate being able to.  Others do as well and yet, many more cannot or will not.  Isn't personal choice wonderful?!?  Here's the video if you are interested:  
2017-1-8
Use props
mavikman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35266 ft
United States

How did you remove them . Did you just pull them straight out?
2017-1-8
Use props
Tripp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2241401 ft
United States

Gary Mac Posted at 2017-1-8 14:32
I've asked and there is no "series of serial numbers" that anyone has come up with to determine whether or not your controller has control sticks that can be removed.  The consensus seems to be "early" production copies could be removed, "Later" copies were changed and are not removable.

I have a video posted showing the best way I have found to remove them IF yours are removable and IF you want to remove them.

Thanks for the video.  I wanted to have the option of removing the sticks, but I was afraid to pull on them.  Mine came out, but I had to pull the left one really hard.  Now when I put them back in I can push them half way in and that makes the sticks a little taller which I think is nice.
2017-1-8
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

well, its not intended for you to remove the joysticks buddy
2017-1-8
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

giusis00 Posted at 2016-11-1 23:55
It's really bad now.. it doesn't even enter inside his bag (the joystick touches the side and moves.. with the time the spring can get some memory on that side).

It does fit with room to spare.

Now I have a tip for you. Empty your bag and get 2 bottles of wine of 1.5L soda bottles.
You can use the 1.5L of empty soda and fill them with warm water. Carefully, place the bottles inside the bag, it would be a bit tight int he beginning, but leave it over night.

The bag will stretch a bit and you will have more than enough room to fit comfortably your mavic and the controller without it touching the joysticks.

2017-1-8
Use props
fans5e38d7f1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70843 ft
Canada

Just got my Mavic today and wondering about the joysticks. So much conflicting information here... I do want to remove them but I don't want to pull toooooo hard trying ...
2017-1-13
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

fans5e38d7f1 Posted at 2017-1-13 18:08
Just got my Mavic today and wondering about the joysticks. So much conflicting information here... I do want to remove them but I don't want to pull toooooo hard trying ...

Watch the video above.  Don't pull, "pry" with your fingers only and decide when you've tried enough.

Best of luck!

2017-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules