Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
So many issues and complaints
123Next >
7893 101 2016-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Natalia
Super Moderator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans2044a3dd Posted at 2017-1-12 17:43
You sound like an airhead, have you ever heard of if it ant broke don't fix it, hell there is a million cars on the roads but you don't hear from the driver until the car break down, so what is your point; exactly nothing.

Sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience, may I  know you have already sent the drone to our service center or not? we'd like to help you escalate it.
Besides, we're always working to improve our service, it's appreciated for any feedback and suggestions.
Thank you for your support!
2017-1-12
Use props
fans2044a3dd
lvl.1
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-1-13
Use props
fans2044a3dd
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-30 01:13
We'd love to help you out if any problems for the aircraft.
Please feel free to contact our tech support in time at .

Well I have been calling, chatting, and e-mailing for eight days and I still have not received any help. dji just keep sending me from one department to the next this is very sad
2017-1-13
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
Flight distance : 12289669 ft
United States

LBumbar Posted at 2017-1-12 18:14
Sorry for the earlier post just extremely frustrated. I need to give DJI a chance to make it right. Everyone I have talked to at DJI have been very friendly. I'm sure the company has a procedure for this. If I could delete the rant I would.?? Getting it ready to send back so I'll keep you posted... Wish me luck

Good luck, hope they get u fixed man! I can only imagine the frustration!
2017-1-13
Use props
fans2ddf90f3
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I recieved a p4 last Thursday. Friday Calibrated and flying.  On Saturday it would not turn on. Tried 3 new fully charged batteries.
2017-1-13
Use props
Chief RM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136204 ft
United States

interstateexxon Posted at 2016-10-30 06:02
The only thing I can say is, I have never flown a drone before. (Never really have even seen one) Have see 0ne very small one at the state flying field where I live in Barnesville PA. Was at best buy and cam across them. Bought a P4 Did I read the manual  No...  Hell I am 70 years old and don't have time.. Might be dead by the time im done reading it. To make a long story short I have flown it now over 25 times
I never even had the slightest problem with it. This thing will fly where you put it, I do understand that people do have problems with anything that they purchase. Maybe I am lucky, it has ZERO problems
and all I can say about DJI is that they did create one hell of a flying machine.

Just want to say I'm 75 and do read manuals. That's the best way to understand the how's and whatfor's of the P4. Don't look to putting my feet in the ground anytime soon so a few minutes of reading gave me a wealth of information. Stay healthy "interstateexxon". {:4_177:}
2017-1-13
Use props
fans0cd796fe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48625 ft
United Kingdom

I have had two batteries delivered and neither of them work at all.  the lights don't come on at all.  They have been on the charger but no lights come on.  The charger charges the console so i don't think there are any problems with the charger.  Can i get these fixed?  The company i purchased them from have been great and are sending replacements, so there is no issue there.
2017-1-13
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans2ddf90f3 Posted at 2017-1-13 10:56
I recieved a p4 last Thursday. Friday Calibrated and flying.  On Saturday it would not turn on. Tried 3 new fully charged batteries.

The aircraft does not power up at all ? Or is it the motors don't start ?
2017-1-13
Use props
LBumbar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3179 ft

United States

Shipped the P3S back today via UPS. One nice surprise DJI is paying for the shipping both ways...

Let's see how long the process takes before it comes back working correctly???

I'll keep you posted
2017-1-13
Use props
fans3858d74a
lvl.1
United States

Although I have been in Aviation for 40 yeasr, flying Drones or any RC is new to me
Then Phantom 4 is my first drone quadcopter purchase.

In fact it was a DJI Refurbished P4

It was sealed and perfect

I read the P4 manual twice

I flew it outside with no issues, I later decided I needed a Check List Before Flight

If I ran into a small problem? It Was My Fault

The Phantom 4 is an Amazing Quadcopter with Very Advanced Technology !

Again No Issues ! Nice Job DJI

When Flying I always remember one thing!

A Man Has Got To Know His Limitations  (Dirty Harry)

Pete
2017-1-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Super Moderator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans2ddf90f3 Posted at 2017-1-13 10:56

When pressing on power button, there is no LED status?
Please try to clean the connector between battery and aircraft then check again.
2017-1-16
Use props
Lethal
First Officer
Flight distance : 71096 ft
Australia

fans3858d74a Posted at 2017-1-13 18:26
Although I have been in Aviation for 40 yeasr, flying Drones or any RC is new to me
Then Phantom 4 is my first drone quadcopter purchase.

Pete, love your attitude! Hope you have many many hours of great flying!
2017-1-16
Use props
ArtistFirst
Second Officer
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

Grizz 1 Posted at 2016-10-29 05:40
I have been flying my P4 since july 1, and never had a problem !

I've been flying mine since March 10th or was it 15t, and just had my first problem but I have yet to figure out why but I have 2 and they both work(ed) fantastically.
2017-1-16
Use props
MD_Icarus
Second Officer
United States

I am happy with my P4 as it is a very stable and advanced flying camera.

The only issues I have experienced so far are summarized as:

- Streaming Video Issues (Green Screen Club )
My workaround is to fly each area using litchi since it shows the channel and record the best channel for each area.  I then fly in Custom Mode using 4 mbps rate.  This has minimized the green screens and lag issues.

- Range Issues without booster antennas.
The workaround is to use the parabolic boosters or the 2 most popular booster antennas in the market. These help me achieve the advertised P4 range.

I also think that the beta testing should expand to more users, if issues are not being picked up by the current beta testers.  In other words, keep the beta tester community constantly changing and maintain the ones who actually find issues before firmware releases. Also provide a consistent baseline regression test policy for each firmware update.
2017-1-16
Use props
Cedric Pieterse
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1225827 ft
Sweden

Grizz 1 Posted at 2016-10-29 05:40
I have been flying my P4 since july 1, and never had a problem !

Same here.
My P4 does what I want it to do. Every. Single. Time.
2017-1-16
Use props
fans31e679eb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 330869 ft
United States

I just purchased a Phantom 4 from Best Buy today after I crashed my Phantom 3 Advanced. I am hoping that everything works properly as I expect it should.
I find that the few that do have unresolved problems make the most noise. The rest of us enjoy the product. This goes for most of the forums not just drones.
2017-1-16
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

first of all i dont believe the failure rate is one in a thousand. reminds me of a boss telling the 0.5 in 1000 story, while i was dealing with 5% bad product on the line.that being said, the p4 that i own impresses with the amazing well done, whether is by looking at the hardware, software or packaging. and yes, DJI, HOW COME YOU FORGOT TO STRAP THE CARRYING CASE FOR BACKPACKING??? See, is easy to throw the rock.
just to be fair (i have noticed android users complaining), i use it with iphone and ipad air, running dji go 4. i fly on lakeshore, by the wateredge, and yes, today was reporting 1m height while skidding through the sand; also was loosing height above water to the point it caught the surf, but gave me a warning and lifted on its own.
but fact is learning the thing is addictive by the day.
I hope you have one. I hope you didnt break it. I hope youll learn to enjoy it. hope this helps.

2017-1-16
Use props
Esphoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26227 ft
United States

Agreed, someone need to straighten out that company. I'm on my sixth under warranty issue in 3 months. Where's the Quality Control?!?
2017-1-20
Use props
LBumbar
lvl.2

United States

Update my P3S has been delivered to DJI in Carson California at 12:21 yesterday according to UPS. Yet to be input into DJI system let's see how long that takes. Several questions asked via email and only get automatic response.

Hopefully this will be either exchanged or repaired and sent back quickly so I can take it on a trip since I received it specifically for that. Keep everyone posted thus far moving along except the lack of reply to emails...
2017-1-21
Use props
fans2ddf90f3
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have a replacement P4 after the first drone would not start up after 1 day. It works really well until you go more than 250 metres from the controller. I have done all the updates, reset the controller, spoke to DJI etc.
2017-1-21
Use props
fans31e679eb
lvl.2
United States

I have had 4 drones. The first was a Parrett that worked (or didn't) off a I-Pad or I-Phone. I never got proper flights with that bird, it worked sometimes. My second is a P3A and always had trouble with firmware updates but it worked up until it crashed. My third is a Typhoon H as I got enamored with 6 props. This is a stable and heavy bird that I continue to use. My new favorite is a P4, this is fast and has a great camera. It is the easiest to fly and takes the best video. While I should have spent the extra money for a P4Pro I could not justify the extra $800.
I find that the hardest thing to do is be patient and think of what you are doing wrong. Example today while testing the H in the wind I used RTH and then could not figure why it would not take off again. The DJI Go app is much better than the Typhoon display.  
I know that there are real problems with equipment but many problems are caused by our impatient nature at wanting to do something now and thinking that we can forget a step. Forgetting steps is why we have crashes and flyaways. Not all but many.
2017-1-21
Use props
fans31e679eb
lvl.2
United States

fans2ddf90f3 Posted at 2017-1-21 13:24
I have a replacement P4 after the first drone would not start up after 1 day. It works really well until you go more than 250 metres from the controller. I have done all the updates, reset the controller, spoke to DJI etc.

Check all your settings on the DJI Go app.
2017-1-21
Use props
LesB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91765 ft
United States

I completely fell the frustration.  I'm new to the Drone world, just spent $1900 Plus on a P4P+ from a company that promised one thing ( 2 week ship) but didn't deliver. All the while still promising other customer the same 2weeks (and not delivering).  I read all the horror storied about poor service, quality control issues and just bad business policies.  

But, wait...  the hope of flying this wonderful machine clouds your perspective.  So I wait and have faith that I wont have any problems.    Fast forward.  I've received my drone, am unbelievably cautious.  Read all the manuals, watch all the tutorials, read all the posts ( good and bad )   the weather here in Idaho (USA) is bad so I have flown inside for a total of three take offs and approximately 4 minutes.  Weather clears up this weekend, so outside I go.   Two takeoffs and 4 more minutes later I'm done for the day.  Take this beautiful piece of engineering inside, hook up the PC to download the video and flight logs and BAM!  The Drone looses the ability to connect to the PC.  Now shows "Firmware Abnormal"

Tech support says send it back. I have a tech ticket and a UPS Label!

Here is where the problem creeps in.  Too many people have posted that when they send their birds in for repair they get a  rebuilt drone back, often with more issues than they started with.  My drone is in pristine condition.  Not even a finger print on it.  We'll see, but my faith in DJI is nil.

If any other Company, say Apple, Samsung, maybe even GoPro had this many problems there would be a backlash.  Law suits, Government sanctions, or maybe even voluntary recall of products. (no I'm not calling for any of these!) It's our own fault.  We're so blinded by the excitement of this amazing technology, that we are willing to allow a company to sell us equipment that arguably is not well sorted out.  I guilty, were all guilty.

So when someone complains, rather that chastise them we should applaud them.  If no one speaks up, these things will never work.  As for my own issue, I hope to write back and report that it worked out well.  Time will tell.

Best wishes

2017-1-23
Use props
LBumbar
lvl.2

United States

Update response From DJI support...
Thank you for the response. My unit was delivered Friday around 12:15 pm to DJI in Carson California. How long until it's logged into DJI system?

We're 10 days into this already and it's still not in DJI que for replacement or repair? DJI case#400641-C8Q0H5 and UPS tracking # 1ZE80E409093816495.

As stated before I received the P3S as a gift to take on a planned trip and now very concerned it's not going to make it back in time?

Larry

Larry, it takes 24-48 hours until it is shown in the system.

Any chance at all of expiditing the return of my unit? Have a trip planned

We are tech support here.  You would have to contact them for that request.

Okay how does one go about doing that? Why's it so difficult to speak to anyone directly? I've sat on hold twice now for more than 40 mins both times...

Just asking for a consideration of trying to expiditing the replacement or repair... Please let me know who or what department and how to contact them
Larry, it is Monday, the busiest day for our call center.  I do not have a backdoor number for you.  Sorry.

Just shocked... They tell me to contact anther department, but don't provide any other means except sit on hold for hours than be disconnected to do it over again???

The whole point of receiving these drone was to take on a planned trip. I guess I knew the answer, already, but thought maybe pay to upgrade return shipping or if DJI would do something...

Now I'm really thinking since I've posted my issue's there will be repercussions... I guess once you've received a DJI drone you're at DJIs mercy...

2017-1-23
Use props
LBumbar
lvl.2

United States

Update my P3S is on its way back from DJI... I'm cautiously optimistic it will be working the way it should.

I have to give it up for DJI repair department big props!!! My unit is less than a month old and didn't work out of the box. My main control board and controller were bad. Repairs made at no charge.Thanks for the quick repair and faster than promised turn around...

Disappointed it wasn't replaced since it didn't work from day one, but excited to get it back and hopefully it works like DJI specs say it will...

The process has some very weak links and gives the other departments a bad wrap even before they've had a chance...

Hoping the call and online first contact teams streamline how they respond and not have to wait days or receive no response.

2017-1-26
Use props
fans283f2ed5
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-29 00:45
Do you have a specific complaint we can help you with?

DJI service is non responsive. Have an issue their firmware upgrade caused and they will not accept responsible. Many others report same issue but they stone wall and it is impossible to get a contact
2017-2-1
Use props
fans283f2ed5
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-10-29 13:46
For a time there, I used to ask posters whose problems were resolved to go back and edit the title to add '- Resolved' to the end of it, but not many did. FWIW, I also think there is a tendency by the DJI people to post stock answers, often that have no bearing on the issue. And that in itself is a problem, because it is often picked up by the OP and they then get upset about the perceived lack of service.

DJI service is non responsive. Have an issue their firmware upgrade caused and they will not accept responsible. Many others report same issue but they stone wall and it is impossible to get a contact
2017-2-1
Use props
fans283f2ed5
lvl.1
United States

Lethal Posted at 2016-10-29 15:34
Two simple questions to be answered here are that would I purchase a DJI product again and would I recommend DJI products to my best friend? The answer is a resounding yes to both!
Have a P4 and a lot of enjoyment as a result. Whilst some of the instructions in the manual could be a little clearer, for me it is the forums and yes, there are some issues occasionally with updates but they do get resolved. (Microsoft and Apple never had issues with updates?)
Want to learn? RTFM 1st then come to the forums with a polite attitude and you will get help & some very good advice from both the DJI support team and some very experienced pilots. The reality is so many of the forum questions are pilot error or inexperience whether the original poster cares to admit it or not.

My answer is definitely not
2017-2-1
Use props
Jeffy1
lvl.1

Ireland

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-29 00:45
Do you have a specific complaint we can help you with?

Your company is useless. Sent a P4P for replacement and 4 weeks on still nothing. The worst customer service I believe in the word "can you email back" and "please allow 24-48 hours" then when I do reply could take 1 week for a response.  Anyone who has a DJI product, hope and I mean hope, you never have to send it back, they care for no-one except new customers.... simple
2017-2-2
Use props
LBumbar
lvl.2

United States

Day 4 trying to get a response from DJI. Anther 3-trys to get through by phone without success. 2 more emails this morning... I'm not sure what to do now. Afraid to use this drone since it's not mine, but frustrated I can't fly...

Please someone at DJI setup and get this resolved....

Folks this is starting to be comical. I sent two emails and called three times and sat on hold again without success of talking with anyone from DJI.

Just received a P3S back 1/30/17 from repair and it's not mine? Your  process is infuriating with the lack of returning a response quickly. I've sat on hold 3-times today and get to about 9 in the que than disconnected.... Than to number 1 switched to ringing than disconnected...

I bet if you would have shipped a inspire you guys would be fast to respond..

My units serial number P5ADCH170601WR the unit I received no serial number is P5AUDG170101AR also the camera system is not the same. My SD card slot was on top and this one is on top of the camera. The unit looks like a much earlier version than mine???

I was told my control board and remote control was replaced in my unit and per your email my unit was repaired and send to me and it's a totally different unit I'm frustrated beyond measure and hoping my unit can be returned to me. Come on guys you can do better than this...
2017-2-2
Use props
LBumbar
lvl.2

United States

Well finally received a response from DJI suppose I should have known this was not going to be easy. Basically was told case is closed. Doesn't even seem DJI didn't bother to read my email. Responded to them asking them to read my request and what to do... Any guesses on the response? I'll update when I hear anything...

So frustrated with DJIs customer service... They make such cool products to bad thier customer service gives them such a bad name...

If anyone has any suggestions on how to get this resolved let me know...

You are registered as a CC on this support request (370281). Reply to this email to add a comment to the request.
2017-2-3
Use props
Oldmaninwva
First Officer
Flight distance : 9487946 ft
United States

I too have been having a VERY frustrating time getting anything out of DJI support..  Decided to see if just maybe the 90 day Cabellas warranty would be valid on a complete loss situation since I did buy the drone thru them...

Here's the response I got back in under 1 hr after submitting the question to THEIR customer service...

Hello Roger!
Thanks for contacting Cabela's. I apologize for what seems to be poor or basically no customer service from DJI concerning the DRONE and your lost investment. Due to demand, Cabela's has just started offering drones relatively recently, but due to issues such that you described, to avoid huge loss we could not extend our usual 90 day return/warranty on these. However, we do regularly review who our suppliers are and their performance or lack there of. Therefore I am passing your comments on unedited to management as documented on Case xxxxxxxxx..

Sincerely,
Mitch C.
Customer Service
2017-2-3
Use props
fansd63ff8fb
New

Ireland

I got a P3 4K last summer had issues with the camera from day one only part of the image was in focus then the remote stopped talking to the craft sent it back for repair, they sent a replacement drone which I again sent back as the most distance I would get was about 260 metres issues with the drone losing connection at 20-30 feet away from me - sent it back again they offered an upgrade to the P3 Pro which I accepted and now they are sending a P3 4K back again to me whats the story DJI? They made an offer which I accepted and now they have rescinded the offer......  Not a very happy DJI user (also I have been without a working craft since early December)
2017-2-10
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

LBumbar Posted at 2017-2-2 11:57
Day 4 trying to get a response from DJI. Anther 3-trys to get through by phone without success. 2 more emails this morning... I'm not sure what to do now. Afraid to use this drone since it's not mine, but frustrated I can't fly...

Please someone at DJI setup and get this resolved....

LBumbar, the fine print gives them the option to return or replace with a refurb unit so yours may be history.  Most all consumer products are that way now  as well.  I've worked with the major camera makers in dealing with repairs and they tend to do the same, although they may just switch the body part that has the same serial number on it at times if it is undamaged.  Worse was some pro who had a $18,000 lens that got dropped.  It took a year to fix, as in "Expensive lens = Few made = Fewer parts to fix it."  The poor sales rep had to take the pro to lunch a few times by order of the company to explain the issue, but it did get fixed eventually.

Problem now is that this stuff is software as well as mechanically driven where cameras then were mostly mechanical.  Software seems a major mess and poorly patched with DJI, imho, and models change so frequently and never seem to get a good match with the software before they move on to another new model mess without fixing the first.  GO seems to be going that messy route too with GO3 and GO4 both.  Maybe one software per device rather than a shotgun software approach covering everything would be better.

Personally, I do think DJI needs a few walk-in service and sales centers and a competent parts department online to order stuff out of.  The parts person's payroll could easily be met with all the people ordering bits from crashes or whatever.  As it is, they hide far too much behind a locked gate in Carson, CA and elsewhere and the need to box items up, email for service, get a RMA, maybe pay $45+ for shipping, is just too much.  Asking a question to China and then it going to California for an answer is way too slow and time-differential wasted.

I'd like to find an Inspire 2 to buy and see in person, but Best Buy isn't carrying them and they probably have the easiest same-day "Return for another if broken" policy out there.  The DJI Q.C. is just too iffy to play the online sales game with DJI if it's bad for the price of that drone.

My two cents.
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansd63ff8fb Posted at 2017-2-10 07:42
I got a P3 4K last summer had issues with the camera from day one only part of the image was in focus then the remote stopped talking to the craft sent it back for repair, they sent a replacement drone which I again sent back as the most distance I would get was about 260 metres issues with the drone losing connection at 20-30 feet away from me - sent it back again they offered an upgrade to the P3 Pro which I accepted and now they are sending a P3 4K back again to me whats the story DJI? They made an offer which I accepted and now they have rescinded the offer......  Not a very happy DJI user (also I have been without a working craft since early December)

Hi, do you have an RMA number /  case number and an email we can contact you? We'll look into this case and see what we can do for you.
2017-2-10
Use props
LBumbar
lvl.2

United States

Just a update DJI finally got back to me. Options given me was to return the refurbished P3S and they'll look at it and replace it with a different unit, but not my original one, but I'm gun shy about doing that. After getting the refurbished unit my lipo swelled up after the second charge. Contacted DJI and was approved for a replacement. I should receive it tomorrow... I have to say that they took care of me in the looong run. However it has taken about 7-8 weeks numerous emails, phone calls and hours of sitting on hold and time. Still horrible disappointed I didn't receive my brand new unit back and got a refurbished unit that I have know idea how many hours and why it was sent back by how dirty it was I was disappointed to receive a refurbished unit instead of my brand new one back than the lipo going bad. With all the hassle you think DJI would have offered a upgraded Phantom or something, but it is what it is... Good luck guys bottom line they're trying to make it right. Hurts to say but you have to give credit where it's do... Can't wait to just enjoy it and hoping this refurbished unit doesn't have issues...
2017-2-23
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

Funny thing most of the drones polled with no issues and no crashes. I don't know what to make of messages like yours because there is a discrepancy even with the polls I initiated myself. Either people like you don't bother to answer to polls or are not too many. An unbiased reader would have a hard time to understand where the truth is.
2017-2-23
Use props
ben.ibzdrone
lvl.1
Spain

Criminal. After onine chat purely for advice (2 months after a firmware release would sort) i received a bill for a brand new drone. All they sent was the RMA. 3 weeks of chasing and machine cam back in wore state than sent with enlosed MicroSD missing as well as screws. I posting a to the tech blogs and and mainstream press.They have not replied to one three further complaints. Stay away. I appreciate the situation with a product such as theres but com'on. I've been there, seen it and done a lot of it. Chinese culture still well imbedded by the looks.
2017-4-2
Use props
ben.ibzdrone
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-30 01:13
We'd love to help you out if any problems for the aircraft.
Please feel free to contact our tech support in time at .

No you don't. Dossier being presented to blogs and mainstream press/radio imminently.
2017-4-2
Use props
ben.ibzdrone
lvl.1
Spain

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-11-1 01:01
IMO the P4 is the most reliable craft that DJI has produced to date. I love my Inspire for its better IQ and stability in wind but the P4 has greater range, and I've not had signal dropouts or control issues in tons of flights. Enjoy the dual IMU and intelligent sensors.

Happy for you. Cat for an avatar though??
2017-4-2
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules