123Next >
11079 103 2016-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BVB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484652 ft
United States

ive never seen so many issues and complaints. Every day I've been reading these hoping to see some "problem solved" thread. I see the same stories of problem plagued P4 owners and customer service reps using the same script. I never see anyone getting their issue resolved because it's not the device or the cord or the camera setting. It's the damn P4 and firmware. DJI is ripping us off.
2016-10-28
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Do you have a question or is this just another pointless rant? If you follow the threads through, often the issue is solved, but no-one bothers to come back and say so. And for every thousand aircraft out there, one or two come here to report a problem, but none of them come here to say they have NO problem.
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Do you have a specific complaint we can help you with?
2016-10-29
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

I have been flying my P4 since july 1, and never had a problem !
2016-10-29
Use props
nfatoys
lvl.3

United States

I understand where BVB is coming from.    I've been toying with the idea of moving up from my Phantom 2 to a Phantom 4, but every time I take a look at this forum I get turned off by what seems to be an endless, growing number of complaints that don't show any resolution to the problems.   Maybe if the forum had a way of letting the owner of the original post check a flag that showed RESOLVED next to the problem report, it would be easier to see what's new and what's no longer any concern.

2016-10-29
Use props
js711
lvl.2
Flight distance : 503215 ft
Canada

I had a problem with the camera suddenly tilting. I reported it. It never happened again after the next firmware upgrade.
2016-10-29
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nfatoys@hotmail Posted at 2016-10-29 15:22
I understand where BVB is coming from.    I've been toying with the idea of moving up from my Phanto ...

I think post number 2 just about covers it to be honest. I've had a P4 since they first came out in March/April and have seen problems introduced (inadvertently by DJI) and then resolved (horizon tilt, dropping altitude after stopping, losing gimbal roll adjustment, not being able to disable VPS if required, to name some; all now resolved for me). Currently I have no problems at all that I have noticed using the latest builds.

EDIT:- A good idea on the resolved marker, but would only work if users ticked the box, there would probably be many cases where they wouldn't.
2016-10-29
Use props
ekcook
lvl.2
Flight distance : 553914 ft

nfatoys@hotmail Posted at 2016-10-29 22:22
I understand where BVB is coming from.    I've been toying with the idea of moving up from my Phanto ...

First off I am very happy with my P3A, I have flown all but two days since getting it in September.  Right at 75 flights, 20 hours flying time and 600K feet distance (yes, baby steps by comparison) and I have no complaints or issues.  I have since bought my daughter a P2V and as of right now plan on upgrading after I finish my 107 test (watching the Mavic threads and groups for real world impressions and unresolved issues).  Thankfully I have not had to deal with DJI CS yet and with any luck never will.

That said, I agree with with the resolved flag idea.  After a less than satisfying experience with a competitor's quad and lack of customer service (I ended up initiating a return/refund and only thanks to Amazon did I get it) I'm not sure I would have went with the P3A had I spent any time on this board.  My decision was based mostly on FB group and Amazon posts/reviews.  At face value the original post is correct, a lot of issues seem to go round and round with the same useless advice and no real effort on the part of DJI to resolve anything.  It would be nice to search the board, find someone with the same issue, and what it took to fix the issue regardless of who's fault it might have been.  In a well populated market the company with the better service wins.
2016-10-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I can't relate, with this Phantom 3 Pro' here. Nothing to say but always happy...
Never one single issue, and still going strong. Wish you all were here! Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2016-10-29
Use props
jmims
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

Never had a problem with my Phantom 4 except the altitude drop after stopping. It's been corrected. I certainly don't have a feeling that "DJI is ripping us off."
2016-10-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

For a time there, I used to ask posters whose problems were resolved to go back and edit the title to add '- Resolved' to the end of it, but not many did. FWIW, I also think there is a tendency by the DJI people to post stock answers, often that have no bearing on the issue. And that in itself is a problem, because it is often picked up by the OP and they then get upset about the perceived lack of service.
2016-10-29
Use props
Lethal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 71096 ft
Australia

Two simple questions to be answered here are that would I purchase a DJI product again and would I recommend DJI products to my best friend? The answer is a resounding yes to both!
Have a P4 and a lot of enjoyment as a result. Whilst some of the instructions in the manual could be a little clearer, for me it is the forums and yes, there are some issues occasionally with updates but they do get resolved. (Microsoft and Apple never had issues with updates?)
Want to learn? RTFM 1st then come to the forums with a polite attitude and you will get help & some very good advice from both the DJI support team and some very experienced pilots. The reality is so many of the forum questions are pilot error or inexperience whether the original poster cares to admit it or not.
Yes, I am a happy DJI customer on a steep learning curve but I am also very grateful for the support DJI and the Forum offers!
2016-10-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Lethal Posted at 2016-10-30 10:34
Two simple questions to be answered here is that would I purchase a DJI product again and would I re ...

Good on yer !
2016-10-29
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's like the land of milk and honey here, I just had a look in the Mavic section

Speak about handbags at dawn...
2016-10-29
Use props
stephen_carney
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70873 ft
Australia

agree Aardvark,  a little testy there
2016-10-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-30 11:44
It's like the land of milk and honey here, I just had a look in the Mavic section

Speak a ...

Yes, another member on here spoke to me about the Mavic forum. I took a look at it and high-tailed out of there real quick. Looks like false-entitlement central to me.
2016-10-29
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Post 8 & 9 both mentioned P3's so I feel entitled....

P3A.....SD card slot failed on day one.   Been holding the SD card in with a retaining device ever since.
Some shell cracks developed lately.

Otherwise, does the job.  

No signal problem the other day,...finally resolved itself..... but the P3A had been sitting on the shelf for a few months.   I hear odd things happen if they sit too long.   Dunno.
2016-10-29
Use props
Sam999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20856 ft
Greece

I never had issues with my p4 , but my only concern is when DJI has an update there is an issue with it , this is over 1000$ aircraft there shouldn't be issues updating sometimes update fix's a problem but another problem pops out also update doesn't show on DJI Go (like what im having right now with my RC which shows N/A for version) or if it shows you get an error updating, i still dont understand why a company like DJI which is a leading company in drones cant fix this !!!
2016-10-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sam999 Posted at 2016-10-30 16:39
I never had issues with my p4 , but my only concern is when DJI has an update there is an issue with ...

Sorry for the trouble caused. It's high appreciated for any feedback and suggestion after a firmware upgrading.
For the second issue, may i know what mobile device you are using?
have your tried to delete the APP then re-install it?  or try to connect it with another mobile device?

2016-10-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-10-30 10:14
Post 8 & 9 both mentioned P3's so I feel entitled....

P3A.....SD card slot failed on day one.   Bee ...

We'd love to help you out if any problems for the aircraft.
Please feel free to contact our tech support in time at support.us@dji.com.
2016-10-30
Use props
interstateexxon
lvl.1
United States

The only thing I can say is, I have never flown a drone before. (Never really have even seen one) Have see 0ne very small one at the state flying field where I live in Barnesville PA. Was at best buy and cam across them. Bought a P4 Did I read the manual  No...  Hell I am 70 years old and don't have time.. Might be dead by the time im done reading it. To make a long story short I have flown it now over 25 times
I never even had the slightest problem with it. This thing will fly where you put it, I do understand that people do have problems with anything that they purchase. Maybe I am lucky, it has ZERO problems
and all I can say about DJI is that they did create one hell of a flying machine.
2016-10-30
Use props
Sam999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20856 ft
Greece

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-30 11:05
Sorry for the trouble caused. It's high appreciated for any feedback and suggestion after a firmwa ...

No trouble caused its ok, all electronics at some point could do that but its just when you have a drone like the p4 you want to make sure everything works and up to date to have a safe flight to enjoy your flight and offcourse land back the drone in one piece ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, DJI is leading right now and has a good drone in hand so when an issue comes out in my opinion it should be fixed with an update not the next day but the same day, like our saying in IRAQ that says " do not delay today's work for tomorrow"  Mr.Frank Wang should follow this and he will be more happy and when he is happy we will be happy and im not asking for anything to teach him this but if he gives me another P4 as a present i will be more happy....now regarding my issue im already in contact with DJI-Jamie and we are still trying to fix it and thank you here:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 40&page=2#pid538267
2016-10-30
Use props
pmmonte
lvl.1

United States

Grizz 1 Posted at 2016-10-29 21:40
I have been flying my P4 since july 1, and never had a problem !

Count your blessings then
2016-10-30
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

I want for my 23rd flight with my Phantom on Saturday and she flew like a beautiful bird all over the leg up and down back and forth 2600 feet out the newest version I had no issues on DJI go with my Galaxy S7 I think a lot of these are people that just don't know what they're doing and they blame the company instead of admitting they're ignorant
2016-10-30
Use props
Paddle Faster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 678825 ft
United States

Ive owned my P4 since mid-August, about 14 hours fly time to date.  Ive never flown a drone before, Completeley new to this.  I have not experienced a single problem that I have not caused. Like most of the forum threads have said repeatedly, "read the manual", and "watch the videos".
2016-10-30
Use props
Robe90
lvl.1

My P3A is almost one year old. The  only small problems have been operator issues. No cracks. No crashes.  I haven't upgraded the firmware and have a bootleg battery which works as good or better than the OEM one. I fly up rivers, over the ocean and off mountains no problems and no worries, but I am prepared. If for some reason it says don't fly or I am having connectivity issues, I don't fly until resolved.
I am sorry to hear that some have had problems, but seems to me that more often than not if people would read more of what the old sages and DJI have to say regarding proper flight prep and solving small issues there would be a lot less ranting about defective equipment.
What I find amusing is people rip the thing out of the box, fly it, crash it then have a tirade about how DJI failed to protect them from their own errors and lack of preparation then demand a refund or replacement. Really? Lets see, if I bought a new Vet or other high performance car with all the latest traction control and still managed to put it in the ditch what do you think GM or whoever would say. Can't protect you from your own stupidity.
2016-10-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sam999 Posted at 2016-10-30 22:33
No trouble caused its ok, all electronics at some point could do that but its just when you have a  ...

Thank you so much for the details, we're trying to improve our products and hope you all have great experiences on our aircrafts.
Thanks again for your suggestion and support, that's appreciated.
Will check your another thread as well.
2016-10-30
Use props
JWC P4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

I think BVB is just another normal person, reading the stuff in this forum and asking questions that may worry him/her - so, very relevant to get some answers before buying.  I have no issues with my P4 that I bought 2 months ago - It is my first drone ever and I'm very surprised about the ease of flying that DJI has built into the product.  I still now and then have a problem with a tree or building moving itself into the path of my P4 without prior notice... but so far no serious incidents.  The only real "strange" part of DJI is the fact that people send in drones for repair and then do not get their own one back.  That I really do not like.
2016-10-31
Use props
Robe90
lvl.1

I didn't mean to sound as harsh as I came across. People have had legitimate problems that I hope they were able to resolve. I have been lucky with mine so far. However, there have been several instances of people not paying any attention to instructions or advice and crash or lose their drone then blame DJI.
2016-10-31
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

IMO the P4 is the most reliable craft that DJI has produced to date. I love my Inspire for its better IQ and stability in wind but the P4 has greater range, and I've not had signal dropouts or control issues in tons of flights. Enjoy the dual IMU and intelligent sensors.
2016-11-1
Use props
LBumbar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3179 ft

United States

Hello,

I received a Phantom 3 standard for the holidays. Everything works as it should except it will not fly above 50 feet than loses transmission. Instead of RTH it goes into auto land mode which has been close to landing on a house.

I have read hundreds of fourm sites, reloaded software to my phone, turned off begginer mode, raised settings to 150 meters, and nothing has changed. I'm stumped and frustrated beyond measure.

My first DJI product was hoping to learn on this one and buy either Phantom 4 pro, but not so sure now.

Now the only option I've been given is to send it back for repairs. Since it was a gift I have no recipt and DJI will charge me for repairs. I'm at their mercy. So it's going back, but while I wait the out come.

I truly believe this is just plain wrong and if you were in the same position you'd feel the same way.

While waiting for the outcome I'm going to contact the Oregon State Attorney Generals office and the Better Business offices to fill complaint that DJI Inc is selling drones that either havefaulty software or hardware and may cause harm.

As well reaching out on Twitter, Yelp, and other web sites to plead my case. After dealing with this situation and reading thousands of post I know I'm not the only one frustrated with DJIs products.

Is there someone else overseas I can speak with directly to try and resolve this before having to go through all this aggravation...

Thanks,
Larry
2017-1-12
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LBumbar Posted at 2017-1-12 14:55
Hello,

I received a Phantom 3 standard for the holidays. Everything works as it should except it will not fly above 50 feet than loses transmission. Instead of RTH it goes into auto land mode which has been close to landing on a house.

Flying directly above yourself is the worst place you can be for transmission to and from the aircraft. Also what the aircraft does when it loses signal can be set by you. It will either return to home, hover where it is, or land. If it is within 65 feet horizontally from take off point then it will land if RTH is initiated, as per instruction given in user manual. It's what it does.
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

LBumbar Posted at 2017-1-12 14:55
Hello,

The repair center can look up the activation date in order to help determine the warranty if a proof of purchase can't be provided. If you have not done so already, I would recommend getting in contact with the North American Supprt center at either support.us@dji.com or +1 (818) 235 0789 to receive further troubleshooting or a RMA for a possible repair service.

With newer models that require a Go app or Assistant 2 activation, looking up the start of the warranty period would be possible through their system. Older units do not have the ability to do so, since they did not require an app or software activation. Those would require the receipt to determine warranty.
2017-1-12
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

you wouldn't be trying to fly in the Washington dc area would you ?
2017-1-12
Use props
fans2044a3dd
New
United States

I would like to get a class action suit against DJI, they are accepting our money but are not giving us the customer service we deserve. If we are paying $1,500 Plus for a device we should most certainly get the upmost quality customer service.  Especially because they speak of their product being some of the best on the market. Before I take this step which I will take it either way it goes I would like to see support showing that we are going to stick together and not allow a big company as DJI to mistreat us  as if we mean nothing. I will not sit around to allow DJI to advertise their product and we purchase it but they don't back their product.    DJI needs to spend their money  where it should be spent and that is on customer service.We cannot allow a company such as DJI who is making big money from these drones, but refuse to spend that money on quality service for their customers.  This is not acceptable and I will not accept it. I too have a drone that needs to be fixed I too have been on the phone for eight days trying to get something done and it seems as if no one knows what to do. Have been back and forth from phone to chat to email and all they do is pass you around not what we deserve.  We do fly our drones on the weekend so why is there not a customer service open to assist us. a company as big as dji should be open long enough for us to get some type of customer service that will be satisfying to us and as well as DJI backing there care refresh or any other insurance that we pay for. Dji should have a 24 hour service, and why are we chatting with robots there should be real people and why does everything has to go through an email. how many of you want to stick together and have a class action suit against DJI I will most certainly pass around and signature list for people to sign.  you can contact me by email   ZohaibYumn@outlook.com # DJI class action suit #Quick Reply Here#
2017-1-12
Use props
fans2044a3dd
New
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-10-28 20:31
Do you have a question or is this just another pointless rant? If you follow the threads through, often the issue is solved, but no-one bothers to come back and say so. And for every thousand aircraft out there, one or two come here to report a problem, but none of them come here to say they have NO problem.

You sound like an airhead, have you ever heard of if it ant broke don't fix it, hell there is a million cars on the roads but you don't hear from the driver until the car break down, so what is your point; exactly nothing.
2017-1-12
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans2044a3dd Posted at 2017-1-12 17:34
I would like to get a class action suit against DJI, they are accepting our money but are not giving us the customer service we deserve. If we are paying $1,500 Plus for a device we should most certainly get the upmost quality customer service.  Especially because they speak of their product being some of the best on the market. Before I take this step which I will take it either way it goes I would like to see support showing that we are going to stick together and not allow a big company as DJI to mistreat us  as if we mean nothing. I will not sit around to allow DJI to advertise their product and we purchase it but they don't back their product.    DJI needs to spend their money  where it should be spent and that is on customer service.We cannot allow a company such as DJI who is making big money from these drones, but refuse to spend that money on quality service for their customers.  This is not acceptable and I will not accept it. I too have a drone that needs to be fixed I too have been on the phone for eight days trying to get something done and it seems as if no one knows what to do. Have been back and forth from phone to chat to email and all they do is pass you around not what we deserve.  We do fly our drones on the weekend so why is there not a customer service open to assist us. a company as big as dji should be open long enough for us to get some type of customer service that will be satisfying to us and as well as DJI backing there care refresh or any other insurance that we pay for. Dji should have a 24 hour service, and why are we chatting with robots there should be real people and why does everything has to go through an email. how many of you want to stick together and have a class action suit against DJI I will most certainly pass around and signature list for people to sign.  you can contact me by email    # DJI class action suit #Quick Reply Here#

What's wrong with your aircraft that needs fixed ?

$1500 is probably peanuts to what the legal profession will take from you for a class action, win or lose.
2017-1-12
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

having 100 bad cars out of 50 million is bound to happen ans is normal....
I am happy that my advanced - almost a year old - is happy and had nothing but minor issues here and there.... hope it so remains.
So do not discredit whole DJI for some issues. As noted by others, on such forum, in general, you will not hear from people unless they have a problem..  Get over it and do not give DJI a black eye unnecessarily.. mind, they do deserve it sometimes due to their service techs not always being understanding and taking an easy way out of a problem a bit often.. that would be nice to change, and i hope DJI is working on such issues.... Overall their birds are stellar for the price, and DJI is the leader in this technology, because their birds are so good..  but as any RC equipment they fail sometimes, and have issues sometimes.. I've spent thousands fixing and repairing my RC Helis over the years.. that is how this hobby is, and it's nice that I am going on month 10 pretty much, of my advanced, with no issues! Very refreshing! Especially considering how cheap crap we get on the market these days.....
2017-1-12
Use props
LBumbar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3179 ft

United States

Sorry for the earlier post just extremely frustrated. I need to give DJI a chance to make it right. Everyone I have talked to at DJI have been very friendly. I'm sure the company has a procedure for this. If I could delete the rant I would.?? Getting it ready to send back so I'll keep you posted... Wish me luck
2017-1-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fans2044a3dd Posted at 2017-1-12 17:43
You sound like an airhead, have you ever heard of if it ant broke don't fix it, hell there is a million cars on the roads but you don't hear from the driver until the car break down, so what is your point; exactly nothing.

Hmm, 8 points and you come here with attitude. Your point is completely unintelligible, go finish kindergarten and refine it.
2017-1-12
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules