Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
So many issues and complaints
11069 103 2016-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2016-10-29 17:57
Yes, another member on here spoke to me about the Mavic forum. I took a look at it and high-tailed out of there real quick. Looks like false-entitlement central to me.

LOL makes sense.
2017-4-2
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Australia

interstateexxon Posted at 2016-10-30 06:02
The only thing I can say is, I have never flown a drone before. (Never really have even seen one) Have see 0ne very small one at the state flying field where I live in Barnesville PA. Was at best buy and cam across them. Bought a P4 Did I read the manual  No...  Hell I am 70 years old and don't have time.. Might be dead by the time im done reading it. To make a long story short I have flown it now over 25 times
I never even had the slightest problem with it. This thing will fly where you put it, I do understand that people do have problems with anything that they purchase. Maybe I am lucky, it has ZERO problems
and all I can say about DJI is that they did create one hell of a flying machine.

Man that is awesome to see someone of your age getting into drones and I think I speak for all here in saying you picked the best Drone to start with. I hope you are around for many more years to enjoy your P4.
2017-4-2
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Australia

Maybe there should be a permanent thread for Positive experiences about the different aircrafts and service received, or would that just be a can of worms.
2017-4-2
Use props
estrella
New

United States

I ordered a P4P, asked for it to be shipped to a different address and they couldn't figure that out and put my order on hold. It's now been 2 weeks, nobody told me order was on hold, i've talked to every customer service rep and nothing man. Horrible service man. horrible
2017-4-26
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

mic75 Posted at 2017-4-2 20:35
Maybe there should be a permanent thread for Positive experiences about the different aircrafts and service received, or would that just be a can of worms.

I've always had good experience with my P3S which I got end January this year. Have done over 130 flights
and have had a lot of fun.  Longest mileage covered in one day of flying was nearly 20 miles. Got a lot of good video's on that day.

2017-4-26
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Australia

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-4-26 13:41
I've always had good experience with my P3S which I got end January this year. Have done over 130 flights
and have had a lot of fun.  Longest mileage covered in one day of flying was nearly 20 miles. Got a lot of good video's on that day.

That's great to hear crusader
2017-5-1
Use props
SHAMEONDJI
New

United States

I also have a DJI PhANTOM 4.  when I first bought it I thought that I had purchased the most advanced drone in the world.  Boy was I sadly mistaken.  The DJI has a faulty navigation and obstacle collision avoidance system.   It's all show no go.   Talk is cheap DJI.  It is no wonder that DJI hires people that will give you more spin than a ping pong ball only to ask for as much money for a repair as virtually an entirely new DJI.  This is outrageous DJI.
2017-7-14
Use props
SHAMEONDJI
New

United States

I also have a DJI PhANTOM 4.  when I first bought it I thought that I had purchased the most advanced drone in the world.  Boy was I sadly mistaken.  The DJI has a faulty navigation and obstacle collision avoidance system.   It's all show no go.   Talk is cheap DJI.  It is no wonder that DJI hires people that will give you more spin than a ping pong ball only to ask for as much money for a repair as virtually an entirely new DJI.  This is outrageous DJI.DJI will soon find that they have many angry customers due to faulty and malfunctioning garbage drones.  What comes around goes around DJI. should stand for an acronym meaning Drone money wasted on Junk is Insanity
2017-7-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

SHAMEONDJI Posted at 2017-7-14 16:33
I also have a DJI PhANTOM 4.  when I first bought it I thought that I had purchased the most advanced drone in the world.  Boy was I sadly mistaken.  The DJI has a faulty navigation and obstacle collision avoidance system.   It's all show no go.   Talk is cheap DJI.  It is no wonder that DJI hires people that will give you more spin than a ping pong ball only to ask for as much money for a repair as virtually an entirely new DJI.  This is outrageous DJI.DJI will soon find that they have many angry customers due to faulty and malfunctioning garbage drones.  What comes around goes around DJI. should stand for an acronym meaning Drone money wasted on Junk is Insanity

Here is another poster who has come here, not with a problem to solve, nor has he asked for any assistance, but simply wants to dump on DJI. Go ahead, you are in the minority of thick-headed neanderthals who turn up from time to time. Even your username gives a clue to why you are here.
2017-7-14
Use props
fans250ac484
New

United States

Ad me to the list, 30 days after I sent it in for replacement under Care Refresh warrant they tell me it wasn't the units problem is was mine. Now they want $ to replace it. What a scam operation this is.
2019-4-26
Use props
KEJ
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have a P4A+, love it, had some small issues probably down to me not understanding, updating or doing things in the correct order.

Previously had a P2.

Brilliants toys and best aerial platforms for photography and video for the money.

2019-4-26
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't get it. I've had two or three problems that I can count, and both were solved by DJI ultimately. The only "fault" I have is that they don't check their instant/private messages, probably though because it is a bot? Anyway, why post simply to complain with no general complaint? What is the motivation for the complaint?

Like an earlier poster stated, you don't hear about the solved cases, just the unsolved ones or general trolls who just like complaining. Having worked heavily in a "Net Promoter Score" environment myself where pay is based on client satisfaction, I can assure you that management and forums rarely talk about the good experiences, only the bad. Maybe because humans are wired that way? I don't know. Nature versus nurture I guess.

Overall I am happy with DJI and my two or three problems that have been remedied. But I am just as guilty -- I don't think I really celebrated the fact that the issues were successfully solved. Maybe we should all do that more often.
2019-4-26
Use props
KEJ
lvl.4
United Kingdom

JPilotR Posted at 4-26 09:12
I don't get it. I've had two or three problems that I can count, and both were solved by DJI ultimately. The only "fault" I have is that they don't check their instant/private messages, probably though because it is a bot? Anyway, why post simply to complain with no general complaint? What is the motivation for the complaint?

Like an earlier poster stated, you don't hear about the solved cases, just the unsolved ones or general trolls who just like complaining. Having worked heavily in a "Net Promoter Score" environment myself where pay is based on client satisfaction, I can assure you that management and forums rarely talk about the good experiences, only the bad. Maybe because humans are wired that way? I don't know. Nature versus nurture I guess.

Its true, people will moan and report issues and I suspect some have genuine grievances.
However, people are slow to advise of great experiences as they are probably out flying.

It would be interesting to find out how many P4's have been sold, then how many have genuinely bad experiences down to the product failing.

Excluding third parties selling them or them not correctly following instructions on flying, maintaining or updating software etc.
2019-4-26
Use props
sam meng
New
Flight distance : 10909 ft
Canada

its real. not only much problem, but they leave much.
2019-5-30
Use props
sam meng
New
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2016-10-28 20:31
Do you have a question or is this just another pointless rant? If you follow the threads through, often the issue is solved, but no-one bothers to come back and say so. And for every thousand aircraft out there, one or two come here to report a problem, but none of them come here to say they have NO problem.

Problem is one hand, another is the problem didn't resolved.
2019-5-30
Use props
sam meng
New
Canada

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-29 00:45
Do you have a specific complaint we can help you with?

My Marvic Air flyed into river, your Tech service decided it's my miscontrol and pay another one.
I think it's a problem of your device.
2019-5-30
Use props
fans036fe050
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1470968 ft
United States

I truthfully have to say dealing with DJI has always been a pleasure, great customer service, extremely fast shipping and as far a quality product it doesn't  get any better as  far as I am concerned. Every time I see or read a complaint about customer service or the product I wondered what went wrong or is it even true.
2019-5-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

sam meng Posted at 5-30 06:27
My Marvic Air flyed into river, your Tech service decided it's my miscontrol and pay another one.
I think it's a problem of your device.

Sam, I am sorry to hear your loss. I am able to trace your case by your email. I noticed that a new case was started, can I confirm if it is the same accident happened in July last year?
If so, according to the flight record, it shows that the landing initialed and there was no malfunction found, so it was not covered within warranty. If you have any doubts about the result, please kindly let me know, I will do my best to help.
2019-5-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans036fe050 Posted at 5-30 16:12
I truthfully have to say dealing with DJI has always been a pleasure, great customer service, extremely fast shipping and as far a quality product it doesn't  get any better as  far as I am concerned. Every time I see or read a complaint about customer service or the product I wondered what went wrong or is it even true.

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience with us, we will keep improving and provide a better service to you all.
And customer's feedback is also important to us, we will investigate the details and do the best to help things out.  
Thank you again for your support, enjoy!
2019-5-30
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

My drones are so perfect.
2019-5-30
Use props
KEJ
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-10-28 20:31
Do you have a question or is this just another pointless rant? If you follow the threads through, often the issue is solved, but no-one bothers to come back and say so. And for every thousand aircraft out there, one or two come here to report a problem, but none of them come here to say they have NO problem.

I agree with that.

People generally are quick to complain and when annoyed more than happy to take time to vent their feelings and are hoping to get any issues resolved.
The forum is great for sorting out minor issues and problems(usually due to lack of knowledge on the users part) and sharing ideas etc.Yes of course you might get a product made on a Friday afternoon that possibly should not have passed quality control, but most issues are down to users!

Let's be honest people are also generally reluctant to jump on forums to sing the praises of products, because they are usually out having a good time or just don't need to come on here.

The slightly annoying thing I find(although not the end of the world by any means) is the recent appearance of forum entries just for the sake of it, about complete rubbish, they contain no useful information or helpful comments, almost like some people either have too much time on their hands or are probably trying to get their forum entries up!
I have a P4A+ and (famous last words) I think the product is brilliant.

2019-5-31
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

KEJ Posted at 5-31 00:09
I agree with that.

People generally are quick to complain and when annoyed more than happy to take time to vent their feelings and are hoping to get any issues resolved.

The problem is people who bought earlier DJI versions like the S800 got in when it was very unreliable.  My P4P V2.0 and Mavic 2 Zoom are so reliable I forget at times about Any danger.  It doesn't cut-out or hiccup once around 800m.  Now the Spark though.. in comparison can be very horrendous and feel extremely dangerous at not even 1/4 the other drones but RTH always works every time.
2019-5-31
Use props
Celestial4
lvl.1
United States

I had paid $160 for runaway coverage. I had a runaway incident. When I looked at the "fee" for replacement of my DJI Magic 2S I found that the coverage required a $850 replacement fee. Combine that with the $160 coverage and you can get a brand new complete Mavic 2S with a new warranty,  two batteries, replacement propeller blades controller and cables instead of just a 2S body only replacement. That means the coverage has zero value and represents a complete rip off. So...you can cancel my replacement request and I will figure out a better company to deal with in the future. Thanks for nothing...literally nothing. Buyers beware, don't bother with the coverage...only DJI gets any benefit with this program.
2023-9-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Celestial4 Posted at 9-3 12:34
I had paid $160 for runaway coverage. I had a runaway incident. When I looked at the "fee" for replacement of my DJI Magic 2S I found that the coverage required a $850 replacement fee. Combine that with the $160 coverage and you can get a brand new complete Mavic 2S with a new warranty,  two batteries, replacement propeller blades controller and cables instead of just a 2S body only replacement. That means the coverage has zero value and represents a complete rip off. So...you can cancel my replacement request and I will figure out a better company to deal with in the future. Thanks for nothing...literally nothing. Buyers beware, don't bother with the coverage...only DJI gets any benefit with this program.

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. For better assistance, may we have the case number (CAS) or ticket number for this transaction? We'll take a look at the latest update. Thank you.
2023-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules