https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=QW-GptLeKq8

But look how he has his antennas set
2016-10-29
Use props
KLRico
lvl.2
Flight distance : 428448 ft
United States

Yup, no surprise there.  An omnidirectional antenna has a doughnut shaped radiation pattern, with the hole lined up along the antenna axis. There is a tiny fraction of the signal strength in that direction.

Edit: Here's an illustration.

2016-10-29
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

Even the video it shows Weak Signal Adjust antenna to avoid signal block @ the 2:53 mark
2016-10-29
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

Here is one with a much better result.

I remember seeing a video on youtube a couple of years ago that explained the different types of antennas. That video was very informative.
2016-10-29
Use props
Zak
lvl.1

United Kingdom

See range is advertised as 2.5 miles (4 km) in EU (for CE certification)

(Still buying one)

Zak
2016-11-3
Use props
Maverikster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24672 ft
Netherlands

He was notified about the bad antenna position and created a new video (not uploaded yet, but he commented about it):
"Ok guys, I've got good and bad news!
Good news is that I just filmed a follow up (response) video to your advice and comments. In my new video, the antennas are configured just like the manual depicts them as being the optimal "long range" positions.
Bad news is that the maxed out distance (given the conditions of the lo action) were pretty much exactly the same. I figured this would be the case as it was the case with my Phantom 3 and Phantom 4. Anyways, I'll have all the details explained in the new video which should be live in the next day or two.
The most important thing to note here is that I'm flying the Mavic from a downhill position surrounded by trees and it still flies a mile away almost. That's pretty impressive in my opinion and considerably longer/further away than my Phantom 3 or Phantom 4 will fly from the exact same position. So I have no doubt that it can fly 4.3 miles away in optimal locations and conditions. I just wanted to test a real world "consumer" "neighborhood" type location. Thanks again for your feedback and suggestions and thanks so much for watching!!"
2016-11-3
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

He addresses his antenna orientation mistake here:
Also note, he is transmitting through dense forest...  Not exactly ideal.

2016-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules