5092 26 2015-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
abe.abekleinfel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pretty interesting. Surprisingly the video signal works the whole time.

2015-2-4
Use props
christensonphot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 392129 ft

United States

Thats one Loong flight. Nicely done
2015-2-4
Use props
alan.vanryzin.g
lvl.1

United States

Wow I can't even get mine to go 1km without cutting out.
2015-2-4
Use props
pidetectives.ya
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I will trade mine for his
2015-2-4
Use props
abe.abekleinfel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

alan.vanryzin.g Posted at 2015-2-5 08:23
Wow I can't even get mine to go 1km without cutting out.

Same with me. At about 500 meters I often start to see problems with the video feed. Some of the early videos I saw of long range flights were often in remote places like deserts, where there is little interference of any kind. I figured that's why I couldn't get the range since I live in a densely populated area. But this video was shot in a busy area. Maybe I'm just not concentrating enough :-)
2015-2-4
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

Pretty Impressive!!!!
2015-2-4
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Android or IOS?
Tks
2015-2-4
Use props
todd
lvl.1

United States

By the look of pilot app layout. Apple pilot app
2015-2-4
Use props
drick1804
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6371 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Anyone have any idea how this can be achieve? Some guru's out there with some tips to share based on the video would be great!
2015-2-4
Use props
Koavog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1359800 ft
United States

Wow! Within a couple Km of a large airport. Pretty gutsy, given the rollout glitches with the inspire...
2015-2-4
Use props
abe.abekleinfel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

drick1804 Posted at 2015-2-5 10:03
Anyone have any idea how this can be achieve? Some guru's out there with some tips to share based on ...

The guy that created the video is a regular contributor to this forum. If anyone can figure out how to use the PM feature on this system you can ask.
http://forum.dji.com/home.php?mod=space&uid=6798&lang=en
2015-2-4
Use props
drick1804
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

abe.abekleinfel Posted at 2015-2-5 10:27
The guy that created the video is a regular contributor to this forum. If anyone can figure out how ...

Thanks. No idea how the PM function works around here or is it even working as intended? lol

Hopefully he pops in and take a look at this thread.

Anyway, anyone else have a tested theory behind the 5km range of the inspire one? Please share
2015-2-4
Use props
stuart.youthwat
lvl.1

United States

Modification, what else? iv done 2.5km but it cuts out at 1.5km -2.0 you have to experiment, no the exact place from where you stand and move around the antenna. Straight up the better. When you get into wifi interference you have to travel through it at a higher speed so you can catch the next open area. The elevation is also key in the direction its going. I'v added 1500ft+ farther. Sometimes it will turn around but then let it come back and keep going then you can learn the exact area which is more clear for your connection.
2015-2-4
Use props
casrat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24718 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you fly beyond its range, what does it do? Automatically RTH, display a message on the app...? I don't want to send it far away never to see it again.
2015-3-1
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very interesting Post. I am wondering which Battery was used? The TB 48? How did you capture the Screen Video? With a separate Video Recorder? this is all fascinating!!!!
2015-3-1
Use props
ge0se
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3184721 ft
United States

In Image Transmission Settings, if you switch to Custom mode, there's an Image Transmission Quality slider which you can drop to lowest setting of 4Mbps for longer range. I haven't personally tested how effective this is but I'm sure this should make a difference.
2015-3-1
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

Pretty impressive feat...The Inspire 1 is truly amazing technology...5 km over 6 lanes of traffic with a  parallel road on either side and a short distance away from an airport. Industrial on one side with homes not far away.  Lets take a new product with a  software upgrade not even a week old. It doesn't seem to matter that the UAV was intermittently losing signal or the numerous warnings the pilot was getting and the fact that he flew it till to the point of losing the signal and control...I guess the pilot is entitled to fly without any concern for the rights of other people that he fly responsibly.   Its clowns like this that will get somebody hurt or killed someday and despite DJIs attempts to provide as many safety features as possible it is worth nothing if there is no intent to to fly responsibly or professionally. This person is an Accident waiting to happen. And for the rest of us we are stuck with even more justification for more regulation and control  by government regulations.
2015-3-2
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wildcate,   I hate to say it but you are correct.  If your going to do the range test, find a safe place and go for it,  otherwise it could turn out to be bad for all of us and especially the pilot.  What's this thing about bread and water or do they not do that anymore......
2015-3-2
Use props
alexmarnas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606237 ft
France

Totally agree with you two guys. This stupid pilot should be banned from any forum!
It is because of such a non responsible behaviour that we will be soon banned to fly in most countries.
Can not even express how pissed I am seeing such a video on youtube.
Fly safe
2015-3-2
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

He had to follow along in a vehicle!!!Or just faked a video.
2015-3-2
Use props
alexmarnas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606237 ft
France

I thought about that, but It seems that the distance from the TX is correct...
2015-3-2
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

No, it would be easy to fake this. Set the home point as the origin of the track and record from that point. Drive while you fly, notice on several occasions the aircraft is now behind you fly safely warning appeared. The image  would get weaker and suddenly be good again. It did this not long after take off and again three or four times. Trust me on this the image will never improve with distance it will only get worse. In any event this would be a totally irresponsible person doing this over a populated area with a glitchy $4000.00 aircraft. I don't buy this for a second.
2015-3-2
Use props
BIGFOOT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 735902 ft
Australia

HE IS IN THAILAND,THEY WILL BE BANNED THERE VERY SOON
2015-3-2
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The record button on this video should be flashing it is a fake. Plus you can fly 85milesper hourX18 minutes=25 miles (40km) with dynamic home point on..if you keep driving with unobstructed view of the plane within 1.2 mile (transmitter range)
2015-3-3
Use props
kilowong.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20741 ft
Hong Kong

i thot he was on a suicide mission!
2015-3-3
Use props
drick1804
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

Its a fake. The giveaway was "the inspire is behind" warning. Obviously he was in a vehicle... or maybe on his bicycle. LOL
2015-3-3
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

Being the eternal pessimist that I am, I find it a tad suspect--distance, time, battery capacity, etc.
2015-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules