Help!
1344 6 2015-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
elihearl
New

United States

Hey everyone I am relatively new to the whole quad-copter scene and so when I bought my phantom and realized how easy it was to use I was really pleased but recently I have ran into some problems. It first started when I was doing some flips with it. After completing a couple I notice the quad became pretty much uncontrollable even when put into GPS mode. The quad would just start drifting and then nose down and hit the groud. I tried recalibrating the gyro but with no luck. The thing has become virturally unflyable. Any ideas on what the problem could be? Propellers? Motors? ESC? Any ideas on how to figure out what is wrong would be great! Thanks in advance!
2015-2-4
Use props
jamesnns.email
lvl.3

United States

Try an advanced IMU calibration.   
After a hard hit   things go wonky
2015-2-5
Use props
elihearl
New

United States

jamesnns.email Posted at 2015-2-6 04:42
Try an advanced IMU calibration.   
After a hard hit   things go wonky

I did that and nothing changed. I have noticed that it doesnt drift in alti mode but only in GPS and GPS Come home. Any ideas?
2015-2-7
Use props
elihearl
New

United States

elihearl@me.com Posted at 2015-2-8 01:59
I did that and nothing changed. I have noticed that it doesnt drift in alti mode but only in GPS a ...

I take that back it drifts in both. Im pretty much at a loss of what to do. Is there a place I can send it to get it fixed?
2015-2-7
Use props
elihearl
New

United States

bryansroofing.g Posted at 2015-2-8 06:41
have you opened up the casing and checked if the GPS has become unplugged?  It's taped to the inside ...

Yeah I checked that too but with no luck, everything was where it was suppose to be except one of the antennas that runs down the legs of the drone. When I took it apart I saw that one of the antennas had ripped off the circuit board on the inside. Do you think that could be whats causing it? I mean I still have control of the quad when I use the controller, it just drifts if I am not always bringing it back.
2015-2-8
Use props
valleyfleetshop
New

United States

bryansroofing.g Posted at 2015-2-8 06:41
have you opened up the casing and checked if the GPS has become unplugged?  It's taped to the inside ...

i had some of the same going on when i hooked up the the pc seen that atti was in place of gps  checked the wires for gps and compass and found the compass almost unpluged at the gps in the top of the body added a dot of hot glue now flys fine
2015-2-10
Use props
elihearl
New

United States

valleyfleetshop Posted at 2015-2-11 13:09
i had some of the same going on when i hooked up the the pc seen that atti was in place of gps  ch ...

Yeah didn't have that problem. I just checked. I also replaced the receiver and had no luck with it. Any other ideas?
2015-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules