1050 13 2016-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gavin.gillett
lvl.1
Flight distance : 884259 ft
Australia

Hi there DJI

Recently I had my drone repaired and since then its been unflyable.

The first time I fired up the drone I recieved a weak signal error with a prompt to update the RC controller firmware. I succesfully updated the firmware and now my drone is permanantly disconnected.

I have updated software on both the drone/RC/phone app
I have attempted to reconnect the drone to the RC using the standard cnnection method but i cant get the drone to beep to begin the connection process.
I have tried factory resetting the drone on the App/RC/Drone without luck.  
The drone and RC power up correctly. The RC has a red flashing light

The drone was flyable when it was sent for repairs but is now unusable .
2016-10-29
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Hi Gavin.

Got my P3A yesterday and was afraid about this also.
Have tested it today and it worked as a charm

RC Firmware 1.6
Aircraft Firmware 1.80.0
IOS 10.X.x
DJI GO App 3.0.1

There are some threads about this issue and most likely you have to rollback your Firmware on the RC.

Hope it will work out for you.
2016-10-29
Use props
gavin.gillett
lvl.1
Australia

Hi flybee, I'd love to rollback my firmware but unfortunately it just says loading and never gives me the option to rollback.
2016-10-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Gavin, sorry to hear about the trouble, you sent it in to our DJI repair center and just received it, but found it unflyable, right?
May I know what's the current firmware for your RC, AC and APP?
Remote cannot link to aircraft now, please try to reset remote firstly by pressing C1+C2+Shutter button, then turn remote off and back on.
Then please re-link them: press C1+C2+video recording button at the same time, you will hear a sound d-dd, then press gimbal settings button, after hearing a short sound, please press the link button on the aircraft with a pin.
2016-10-29
Use props
gavin.gillett
lvl.1
Australia

No luck getting them to sync so far but perhaps im not hitting these buttons at exactly the same time
2016-10-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

gavin.gillett@b Posted at 2016-10-31 12:29
No luck getting them to sync so far but perhaps im not hitting these buttons at exactly the same tim ...

Could you happen to clarify what color is the indicator light on the RC? What mobile device do you use?
2016-10-30
Use props
gavin.gillett
lvl.1
Australia

The RC is slowly flashing red and i'm using a Samsung Note 7. I might have found a video that helps. Trying it now, if it works i will share the video with everyone.
2016-10-31
Use props
gavin.gillett
lvl.1
Australia

App version 3.0.1
Version = N/A
Remote Controller = N/A
Radio channel quality = poor
Not reading aircraft battery SD card or RC battery through the app

The app - RC and drone dont seem to be talking to each other and following the steps you gave me and the steps in youtube videos i dont get any result at all.  

I have no idea, it was working before i sent it away for repair and now its not working?
2016-10-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

gavin.gillett@b Posted at 2016-10-31 18:29
App version 3.0.1
Version = N/A
Remote Controller = N/A

Sorry to hear about that, may we have your case number?
It cannot recognize the original SD card? and battery info page does not show any numbers for battery? would you please clean the connectors of the battery and the drone, and plug it in again?
Would you please provide us some screenshots or record a short video for further evaluation?
2016-10-31
Use props
gavin.gillett
lvl.1
Australia

Secondly, when my drone wouldnt work after repair i noticed it was asking me to update firmware, i did this and now it wont let me calibrate or do anything with the drone. It wont even give me the yellow link writing in the app. Its like it doesnt even know there is a drone there.
2016-10-31
Use props
gavin.gillett
lvl.1
Australia

Ok i have some progress,

I have the controller light green and the gimble now works on the drone so i know the RC is talking to the drone. Now i just need to get the app to talk to both and i think the problem will be solved.
2016-10-31
Use props
gavin.gillett
lvl.1
Australia

I have now tried the Note 7 // Note 4 // iPhone 4 // iPad mini all with the same disconnect issue on the software app. Gimble moves, RC light is Green and the Drone i can sometimes get a slow green. sometimes double yellow.
2016-10-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

gavin.gillett@b Posted at 2016-11-1 13:19
I have now tried the Note 7 // Note 4 // iPhone 4 // iPad mini all with the same disconnect issue on ...

For Samsung device, have you tried this method? some customers solve the connection issue after trying the method:
repeatedly tap on 'build number' until developer options are unlocked
go to settings:developer options and set/verify the following options
1. USB debugging = OFF
2. USB configuration = RNDIS, note that rebooting device will reset this to default MTP
2016-10-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Since you noticed the issue after a firmware upgrading, maybe it caused by inconsistent firmware for remote and aircraft.
Would you please have a try to downgrade it? if still no improvement, maybe it needs to send in for evaluation.
2016-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules