Biggest joke in the history of pre-orders?
9467 197 2016-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
va3fjs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102028 ft
  • >>>
Canada

z7BdJFqOQUAg Posted at 2016-10-29 12:13
no its not steam I will not buy dji products any more

Then why would you still care about this forum?
2016-10-29
Use props
bloomingtonmain
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-29 12:47
You submitted a credit card dispute, what happened when you tried to cancel your order with DJI?

At this point all who purchased the Mavic have a case for CC fraud or in PayPal's case sales fraud against their customers. We where all told and led to believe that that we were pre-paying for an item that was being manufactured and would begin shipping to us on Oct 15th. That did not happen.
Any of us canceling through DJI is a courtesy. DJI has in my opinion and it seems many other customers opinion that DJI has extended no courtesy to any of its Mavic customers in and on this forum and in reading the forums has quite the opposite of extended any courtesy to us and think in most of these cases we are too upset to extend any courtesy to DJI. Especially when we are in the process of canceling an order we would much rather receive.
I think expecting any of us to go straight to DJI to cancel our much wanted and in most cases long time pre-paid order is ridiculous.
If this was any small or large company this treatment to its first time and long time customers would result in massive fraud claims.
2016-10-29
Use props
Wasabi6
lvl.3
United States

Sigh....I can't believe I'm giving free advice to DJI

Since you are a PRIVATE company, and "probably" would like to quell the growing resentment over the shipping fiasco.....

Here's what you should do....(any DJI higher ups reading who want to make a name for themselves and get that promotion?

Simple....

Send whatever Mavics or combo packs you have ready to the biggest complainers on these forums to shut them up. How the tide would turn if those who post on the regular suddenly got a tracking number....coincidence? No, it's called business.

Second, take care of those who cancelled and who are first time customers...

To hell with first come first serve...

So funny that simple solutions to avert public pressure from a crisis of their own making is there for them to exercise, yet it seems they would rather leave a residue of incompetence towards customer servicE

If DJI needs help they need to reach out to those "of us" who manage failed business schemes through their job opputunity page.

Who knows....maybe Mr Wang will pm me and I'll be on the next flight from San Jose to DJI HQ....lol

Dreaming again...

2016-10-29
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Wasabi6 Posted at 2016-10-29 19:40
Sigh....I can't believe I'm giving free advice to DJI

Since you are a PRIVATE company, and "pro ...

surely that will only overcome the initial riot !  you will then have self created the second and third wave riots that WILL follow,  because if that sort of business tactic got out, instead of loosing 5% or maybe 10% of your customer base you will for sure loose another 40% plus who are sitting on the fence right now .
Far better for their own long term cred, to come out and say,  "sorry for the unseen delay" " Certain parts of our production havent currently produced the numbers we expected, our new aim is to start shipping ...X... numbers in FCFS as we said on the  ....Date...  "      surely thats what we are all looking for !
2016-10-29
Use props
dfuMgEjYTo52
lvl.1
Réunion

Hi, I'm Loïc from Reunion Island.
I ordered my Mavic at my local retailer on oct 29th, and maybe with our tropical climate we take it cooler here ;-)

I'll be very happy when my Mavic will arrive, because it remains for me an awesome product...Before this I think I'll survive and do other activities, just as i did the 43 years of my life before the release of the Mavic.
I'll simply take advantage of those shipping problems by reading the comments and experiences of other Mavic users, to be more effective the day I'll receive mine.
Eager to bring it one day on the top of our local volcano, to make some good photos and videos of the next eruption, and of my beautiful island in general...
I made this one only with a small bridge camera :
hope the next one will be with the Mavic !
Best flights to you !
2016-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

usere70e752800 Posted at 2016-10-29 19:30
If you want to see the definition of "bully" - look at the name calling and DOZENS of tweets your co ...

You are a Bully, you are not in anyway helping people around here who are just trying to get there Mavics.
Your a one trick pony, a five day wonder, who is here trying to get his pound of flesh, you may have a few clingons with you but you will be gone in a few days, and people can have a proper debate or discussion.
You think you can bully your way around, as I said you appeared two days ago and you added nothing to the debate here except having personal digs at people.
In two days you haven't said anything sensible, just personally attack people , with a different opinion than yours.

So long Bully
2016-10-29
Use props
Birdog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 664521 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-29 19:24
Birdog, my advice is to email sales for info I ordered like yo on the 29th and have sent a few ema ...

Yeah Ive been speaking to them but they have no information to give, or are not allowed to give out information.

At this point I`m on the fence about cancelling, I`m this far in and I have read the manual now, I`ll see how I feel monday morning.

Certainly taken the joy out of my first drone, and this is the most expensive thing I have ever bought online, Im just glad I used my CC incase everything falls to pieces.
2016-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Birdog Posted at 2016-10-29 20:04
Yeah Ive been speaking to them but they have no information to give, or are not allowed to give ou ...

I think only info at the moment is early November or late November and the boys here seem to be doing a great job on the google sheet I have some faith in them, so fingers crossed November, you've been here for a while, I think listening to Ken this evening looks like there will be a statement soon , hopefully good news, good luck.
2016-10-29
Use props
Babblin5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1558 ft
United States

bloomingtonmain Posted at 2016-10-29 11:25
At this point all who purchased the Mavic have a case for CC fraud or in PayPal's case sales fraud ...

I wholeheartedly agree. If you paid via PayPal, then dispute it under "Failed to Deliver Product". This accomplishes two things. First, it assures that you'll get a FULL refund, and not have the *ahem* exchange rate fee taken out ($50 U.S.), and secondly, enough complaints will cause PayPal to revoke DJI's ability to offer PayPal as payment. The added benefit on top of all this is that their CS will be tied up with thousands of PayPal disputes, which will cost DJI money. Sometimes, the only way to convince a company to improve their CS is to show them that it's economically beneficial to do so, and not a matter of fairness and respect for customers.
2016-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

usere70e752800 Posted at 2016-10-29 20:20
@hallmark007- please brush up on why a "bully" means. This is a bully:
https://mobile.twitter.com/br ...

You have no right to put people's stuff up here on this forum Bully, how would you like if people put your stuff up here from Facebook, your a disgrace,
How will that add to debate about Mavic is there not a barbie forum you could sign up for, you just can't stop with the bullying..

2016-10-29
Use props
JudgeRoyBean
lvl.2

[img]https://forum22.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5BURL=http://s490.photobucket.com/user/mdoebel/media/IMG_0242_zpsuplgvydl.jpg.html%5D[/URL][/img]
2016-10-29
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

The only news I hear from several countries and suppliers, is 4 Nov. From my suppliers I contacted, they say first week of November. Another told me that he got info from his supplier, that the container is at customs and will arrive on Tuesday and I could have one by Friday, if he has enough stock, since he doesn't know how many are send for them.
2016-10-29
Use props
method007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

usere70e752800 Posted at 2016-10-29 14:32
If you post something publicly, it is public.

Are you a joke? This is the clown you are in bed wit ...

No matter what insults you use or terrible things you say about me or anyone else, it doesn't change the reality of the situation.  This board is for support and help, it's not your personal soapbox.  
2016-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

usere70e752800 Posted at 2016-10-29 20:32
If you post something publicly, it is public.

Are you a joke? This is the clown you are in bed wit ...

There you go again how much has that added to the debate about Mavic.
2016-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

usere70e752800 Posted at 2016-10-29 20:29
Hallmark- this is his PUBLIC profile with PUBLIC posts and threats to Gizmodo and other users here.  ...

And what are a police man,, go order your barbie and join there forum.
2016-10-29
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-29 11:40
I know we all want an update, and I'm sorry another one hasn't been given.
Believe me, I've been a ...

Appreciate it Ken..
At this point any communication would be great.
2016-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

bloomingtonmain Posted at 2016-10-29 19:25
At this point all who purchased the Mavic have a case for CC fraud or in PayPal's case sales fraud ...

Maybe in US you can sue, but not in Europe , below is european law regarding purchase online, I researched US and it's very similar,

This is extract of European consumer law , goods not delivered or delivered on time.
You can make what you want out of it, US consumer law may be different.

The right to a refund if your goods are not delivered
underline

You should receive the goods no later than 30 days from the date of purchase unless an alternative date has been agreed between you and the business before you enter into the contact.

If the goods are not delivered within the time frame you should contact the business and arrange another date that is suitable to you. If the business fails to deliver the goods on the new agreed date you can end the contract (due to the business not keeping to their side of the contract).  You should receive a full refund (including delivery cost if paid by you) without delay.

In cases where the delivery of the item is essential within a specified time frame e.g. a wedding dress. At the beginning of the contract you should inform the business of the wedding and agree a specific date for delivery. However, if it turns out the business cannot deliver the item, in this case the wedding dress, within this time frame and inform you of this, you can end the contract (due to the business not keeping to their side of the contract). You should receive a full refund (including delivery cost if paid by you) without delay.  

The business should refund you without any delay. It there is a delay in you receiving your refund and you paid for the goods using a credit or debit card, your card provider may agree to reverse the transaction. This is called a chargeback. Contact your bank or credit card company immediately and give them details of your transaction.

You will see here that on failure to deliver you can contact the business to enter into another contract and it's only when it fails a second time to deliver that you can claim  .
2016-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

usere70e752800 Posted at 2016-10-29 20:53
Method/hallmark/DJI shills:
I'm not the one who found your twitter feed, threatening and insulting G ...

And how is that statement bringing things forward, it's time for you to stop annoying people as you can see no one is listening,
2016-10-29
Use props
method007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

usere70e752800 Posted at 2016-10-29 14:53
Method/hallmark/DJI shills:
I'm not the one who found your twitter feed, threatening and insulting G ...

You clearly have an agenda.  You don't even have a user name and you only post things to troll.  Please stop posting here.
2016-10-29
Use props
alhalban90
New

Kuwait

16 days for my order and still waiting to get shipped ! {:4_154:}
2016-10-29
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hmmmm...I'm old fashioned.....I knew when I pre-ordered that I would probably get it weeks after the first ones were shipped.

Oh, I got mine sooner than that.

Those who can't handle the terms and prepayment have a very easy solution - don't order one!

2016-10-29
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

usere70e752800 Posted at 2016-10-29 13:58
Method007- why don't you go back to sending DOZENS and dozens of tweets calling the Gizmodo author n ...

Giz is sorta ridiculous. First they crashed the P4 into a fence purposely - and demanded DJI give them news ones.
Then they publish an article AFTER thousands of Mavics have shipped (I had gotten mine when the article was published)....talking about something (a rumor) they heard?

What are they - a time machine?

It's one thing to publish a rumor which has relevance in the future or present. It's another to publish something for clickbait after it's already settled.

Some of us prefer a bit of accuracy in writing and reporting...but I guess if tabloids are your thing, Giz will do the job. I don't see how you can learn much from such rumor mills tho.
2016-10-29
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dVml9xhTeHCG Posted at 2016-10-29 13:11
I cancelled my pre-order last night. No sense receiving it now because it's too cold (where I'm from ...

Smart move.

Impatient people shouldn't pre-order and the weather is getting bad quickly. No reason to "be the first" unless you review these things (I do)....otherwise, wait.

DJI will thank you for it because they can then deliver others.
2016-10-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

bloomingtonmain Posted at 2016-10-30 02:25

I totally understand, but to be clear they said they would start shipping on the 15th. Yes they started shipping 5 days or so late but they did start shipping.
Even if shipping started on the 15th, that did not mean everyone's order would ship on the 15th as that's an impossible task.
So I agree they missed the 15th (starting to ship) but they are shipping an continue to ship but 5 days or so late.
2016-10-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Also, I was leaving this thread open unless it got out of hand.
All of you please read the forum rules and do not make personal attacks on each other.
For those of you who want to pick a fight with other members including the moderators, your posts will be deleted and if you continue and cannot comply with the rules of the forum then you will be banned. And that goes for any member. I understand everyone is frustrated and that's why we haven't closed the masses of shipping threads and all the negativity. But if the thread starts getting out of hand like they did last week then they will be closed.
2016-10-29
Use props
Birdog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 664521 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-29 23:45
I totally understand, but to be clear they said they would start shipping on the 15th. Yes they st ...

Thats not really my problem, I`d like a date for MY order and dont understand why I cant get a date.

You have 100 orders, you make 10 a day, it`ll take 10 days to ship all the orders.

I know your shipping to various resellers and countries and blah blah blah but still it is possible to predict........unless order priority is been changed along the way, easier/less hassle to upset a group of direct customers than big re-sellers. (also a bit of a scumbag thing to do)
I really dont understand why you cannot give me a date, can you explain it please ?
No, oh well.

Honestly, even if when I first ordered I was told it would be the end of November I`d be happy enough, a little disappointed and impatient, but then when/if it arrived a few days earlier I`d be as pleased as punch. (Scottie)
2016-10-29
Use props
Mayoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

Birdog Posted at 2016-10-29 14:11
Sept 29 combo order, I have nothing and have been told nothing

Currently Sep 27th and Sep 28 Early / Mid Day orders are getting shipped to North America

I ordered on Sep 29 too. Sit tight bud ..
2016-10-29
Use props
Z1uKtCi5N1Ix
lvl.1

lol at this dude quoting and replying to himself on two accounts. What a psychopath... How DJI hasn't banned those 007 accounts from the forum is beyond me.... Probably because they are the only two defending the company.
2016-10-29
Use props
rocco12475
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-30 06:55
Also, I was leaving this thread open unless it got out of hand.
All of you please read the forum rul ...

I agree that some of the people posting are getting a little out of hand, however I don't agree that the thread should be closed.  Those people who are being rude and getting out of hand should be banned from posting by IP address.   They aren't going to try and go though all the hoops to mask IP just to continue to post but if you don't block by IP than you make it easy for them to come back.

Ban the user, delete their comments but don't delete the thread which is the only place we have to "vent" about being mislead and/or pushed aside and forced to wait it out.

Thanks
2016-10-29
Use props
yHS0eU90xE7Q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2313 ft
United States

I imagine maybe they'll put another update out when they can substantially say that they are rolling out the orders. For now you just got to be patient and kind of forget about it... or cancel. Up to you! Me, I'll just wait.
2016-10-29
Use props
rtazz17
lvl.2

Camolin Posted at 2016-10-30 00:08
Apart from your rage-caps-attitude, I do have to agree.

Delay in shipment? ->  No problem for me, j ...

So you want a bribe and all is good again?
Love your morals
2016-10-29
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

I have to be honest. If I was a DJI employee right now. I'd probably be taking the piss during most of my working hours. Have my feet up on my desk, taking it easy and drinking cans of my favorite beverage. Playing some games and watching movies on my mobile. I'd feel like I don't get paid nearly enough for all of this intense work that's being thrown onto me during the last month or so, dispatching all of these endless amount of orders.

You want your Mavic? Keep your mouth shut and have patience. Your order will be dispatched once I get to it. *reaches over to my keyboard and gawks at PC screen* Right then, next order to ship... *clicks*... this one will take a while so I think I'll skip this one for now.... *clicks*... skip that one too as I don't like that guy's username.... OOOoooooooeeeeeeyyyoooooooooooooooeeeeeeyyyoooooooooo, would you look at the time!? TIME FOR BREAK TIME!! *happily strolls to the work canteen for lots of lunch*
2016-10-29
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-10-30 01:21
I have to be honest. If I was a DJI employee right now. I'd probably be taking the piss during most  ...

And that's why the UK has no manufacturing industry.
2016-10-29
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

z7BdJFqOQUAg Posted at 2016-10-30 03:13
no its not steam I will not buy dji products any more

Waaa .. I want my toy and I want it now.
Waaa .. I'll never buy another DJI product again

Haha .. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that I could buy a lot of Mavics.
The simple fact is that up to now, no other manufacturer can come close to DJI's technology
Go and buy a sub-par drone if that makes you happy.
2016-10-29
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Looks like Mavics are now being sold out right up until about Christmas. Any of you dudes who cancel will be Santa Claus to the next in line.

Mine is sitting right here and it was worth the wait (one month) and just looking at it satisfies (I have had 4 flights tho).....

As they say in the Islands "soon come".

I happen to know for a fact that DJI employees put in 60-70 hours per week....and I would not be surprised if the factories are working 24/7 (of course, there are some Chinese Holidays to take into account).....

But, yeah, people wonder why UK and US don't make as much stuff. I have a good friend who visited the area where DJI is made about a decade ago and he told me everyone was walking down the street with their heads held high looking for the next opportunity to work hard and make things.

It's still that way there. They deserve the success because, frankly, they are taking all the risks and putting in the time.
2016-10-29
Use props
rocco12475
lvl.2

Yep now on DJI website says:

Shipping estimation: Within December on a first come first served basis.
2016-10-29
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-10-29 20:29
Waaa .. I want my toy and I want it now.
Waaa .. I'll never buy another DJI product again

Honestly it really is a cluster**** of a launch.   Why can't you see that?
2016-10-29
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

msduncanrolltid Posted at 2016-10-30 16:28
Honestly it really is a cluster**** of a launch.   Why can't you see that?

Because I've seen plenty of examples much worse.
This is just a minor delay with a bunch of 12-year-olds throwing a tantrum because they want their toys and can't stand a little waiting.
DJI have a mountain of orders and will deliver when they are able to.
2016-10-29
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

method007 Posted at 2016-10-29 17:33
DJI does not have the infrastructure to update each person with an estimated delivery time.  It's ha ...

They are NOT shipping early October orders! There are people who ordered on 27th and 28th who are still waiting. I ordered on 29th and have been told that my order "could" ship in 1 to 2 weeks.

Based on shipping do far I think it is highly unlikely that my order will be shipped before 15th November.

In two weeks of shipping DJI have not cleared all orders from the first day yet!

There is absolutely nothing that we can do about this. DJI has no effective competition.

Clearly there is a major problem and DJI have clearly demonstrated that they have no regard for their customers. I feel very sorry for their 'Chat' staff and for people like DJI Ed and Ken. They, too, have been treated appallingly badly by the company.
2016-10-30
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-29 17:40
I know we all want an update, and I'm sorry another one hasn't been given.
Believe me, I've been a ...

I think that most of us really appreciate that you have been doing all you can to find out what is going on. Like the rest of us, you have been treated appallingly badly by DJI. Thank you for doing your best for us...
2016-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules