Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Biggest joke in the history of pre-orders?
9460 197 2016-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xarons21
lvl.1

United States

Camolin Posted at 2016-11-2 07:35
Just canceled my order. Got sick of this black whole of information. Ordered via another channel, wh ...

So you ordered the same product through a vendor and not direct from the comapny... what makes you think that company will have more info to give you than DJI themselves.... DJI knows whats wrong... they just arent telling you/us as a whole... what makes you think they are going to tell their vendors... Your lack of info is still there.
2016-11-2
Use props
fansecf1a23c
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Ordered mine on Oct 18th. At this point, I should get it by next year. I also pre-ordered a new MacBook Pro which I know will be delivered within the time frame given at the time of purchase.
It's not the fact that the Mavic is backordered that is frustrating me, its the fact that the company can't tell me a time frame of when my machine will get here. "Within November" tells me nothing really. Shit happens during production and they weren't anticipating that many orders, we all get that, but the support is lacking from this company. I know their HQ is in Schenzen, which is right across the border from where I live (HK). Wish I could just drive there and get mine.
2016-11-2
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

xarons21 Posted at 2016-11-3 00:09
So you ordered the same product through a vendor and not direct from the comapny... what makes you ...

they are pleasing the other dealers as they have contracts and financial penalties if they don't comply. Apple is already closing all orders from Australia as DJI was not able to comply with their commercial agreement
2016-11-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Dirty Bird Posted at 2016-11-2 11:50
It isn't a "debate" to insist everyone shut up & adopt your passive stance.

Never insisted everyone shut up, think your still hurting because someone said your videos are boring
2016-11-2
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-1 14:18
If you pre-ordered on the 27th or close to that I honesty feel that your wait is not going to be " ...

I take it that when you say that people who pre-ordered on 27th or "close to that" you mean anyone who ordered on 27th or 28th. I ordered on 29/09/16 and have been told that my order "could" ship in November.... Note DJI are not saying that it WILL ship this month... just that it could happen.

Based on that is there any evidence whatsoever to suggest that anyone who ordered post 28/09/16 will not have to wait much, much longer? Is there even the slightest shred of evidence to suggest that you are right and I am wrong?

I would be thrilled if DJI actually started sending out orders in any significant numbers but it is absolutely clear from the spreadsheet, the forums and every article written on the subject on the internet that DJI is NOT sending out orders to individuals who pre-ordered in any significant numbers... As far as we can see not a single order was sent out yesterday, for example.

Also, I think Tahoe Ed suggested that DJI was about to send out another communication (he said this last week(. I assume that was also nonsense was it?
2016-11-2
Use props
UAV Man
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4747 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I feel for poor 'DJI Ken', technical guy getting flack... But he's doing an amazing job controlling himself.

I think we all have to accept 2017 is more likely for deliveries. If Apple are now saying 31st December then it's not likely we in the UK are going to see anything.
2016-11-2
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansecf1a23c Posted at 2016-11-2 13:20
Ordered mine on Oct 18th. At this point, I should get it by next year. I also pre-ordered a new MacB ...

I ordered on 29/09/16 and have been told that my order "could" ship within November. You have ordered on 18/10/16 and have been told that you will receive your order "within November". Given that DJI has not yet managed to ship orders from 27th and 28th September and given that they told us that production was in full-swing on 18th October, I think we can safely conclude that you are not getting your Mavic for a long time... You will be lucky to see it this year rather than this month based the known data to date.
2016-11-2
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

UAV Man Posted at 2016-11-2 13:52
I feel for poor 'DJI Ken', technical guy getting flack... But he's doing an amazing job controlling  ...

I completely agree that DJI Ken and Tahoe_Ed are doing a brilliant job. It must be incredibly difficult to have to keep putting out optimistic responses when they have been kept completely in the dark and fed the same BS by DJI that the rest of us have.

It must be very embarrassing and credibility-wearing for them to have to keep saying this product is being shipped in huge numbers, it going to be shipped very soon etc., etc, when it is now clear that this is not the case.

I am wondering whether we will ever hear from the wonderful Adam Najberg, Global Director of Non-Communication for DJI or whether he has simply been made redundant.... :-) He has the most inappropriate job title in business today :-)
2016-11-2
Use props
UAV Man
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4747 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drmerlin Posted at 2016-11-2 14:02
I completely agree that DJI Ken and Tahoe_Ed are doing a brilliant job. It must be incredibly diff ...

Oh sorry to Tahoe-Ed forgot to say GREAT JOB too....

Hehe, we can only accept the new year will bring some hardware... maybe.. I order the morning of the 28th, ie. the earliest opportunity I had. I have an Inspire 1 too and was looking at the Matrice for a new business venture.... NOT NOW... likely to sell Inspire and start looking at a more DIY solution.

From a commercial company point of view, offering a service with no intention of being able to fulfil it is corporate suicide. So I can't rely on a brand that does that for my own needs.

My drone dealer has been awesome and I won't say the language they have used about DJI only to suggest I avoid them if I want service and support for new products.

I envisage Apple will be dropping DJI soon too after the BAD PRESS they have sustained, having friends in the US who work in the health section of Apple they don't work with companies that don't deliver...

2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drmerlin Posted at 2016-11-2 21:48
I take it that when you say that people who pre-ordered on 27th or "close to that" you mean anyone ...

If you pore-ordered Sept 29th, I'd be expecting your shipping notification coming up. When they told you "could" they just can't make any promises. I cannot make any promises either, but I think your order will ship this month. But again, that's just my opinion and the online stores would have more information.
I do think everyone will get another announcement soon as all of you want some kind of information.

All I can say is I do hope you receive your aircraft soon and start enjoying the thrill of flying the Mavic.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

UAV Man Posted at 2016-11-2 21:52
I feel for poor 'DJI Ken', technical guy getting flack... But he's doing an amazing job controlling  ...

Thank you very much.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Drmerlin Posted at 2016-11-2 22:02
I completely agree that DJI Ken and Tahoe_Ed are doing a brilliant job. It must be incredibly diff ...

Mavics ARE being shipped all the time around the globe, I see posts all the time here and on other social media. As far as the numbers being shipped, I don't know but I'm sure it's a decent amount.
Yes, you will get more official DJI info coming, exactly when I do not know.
2016-11-2
Use props
brightlights200
lvl.1

DJI-Ken,
So why haven't you been able to ship your stock to Apple UK(as an example) for an in store date of 02/11 as you announced publicly worldwide to your numerous customers?, I placed my pre order on 01/10 & I have contacted Apple twice weekly since then to confirm all was OK, each time they stated they had not been informed of any delays & would expect to be shipping as promised when you streamed the date worldwide.
I have a once in a lifetime event coming up on 19/11 which I will never be able to repeat due to medical reasons & my hope was to be able to record this for my family utilising the Mavic, now I have the gut wrenching feelinfg even this hope will be taken away from myself & my family
You have no idea how upsetting this is.
I order tried to cover all optinos & also placed a similar order with Amazon UK but they sadly told me a few days ago that mine & other UK orders where pushed back but I never expected you would treat Apple or your own customers like this.
Please can you answer my questions even if you wish to privatley in a PM I can understand that?.
My last hope
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2016-11-2 20:24
Update. The issue with the refund was on the end of my card company, not with DJI's end.

Good to hear, thanks for posting.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

brightlights200 Posted at 2016-11-2 22:27
DJI-Ken,
So why haven't you been able to ship your stock to Apple UK(as an example) for an in store  ...

I do not know when Apple UK will receive their stock.
If you have a "Once in a lifetime event" coming up then then I would not reply on the Mavic. Maybe you will receive it by then and maybe not. Even if you did receive it a day before the event I still would not use it as if you are new to drones then it will take some time to learn how DJI aircraft operate and how to fully utilize all the features functions and understand the limitations, and also you need to play with different camera settings for a while until you find the look that you are looking for.

So for the once in a lifetime event, I would just get a Phantom and use that for your event. Or there are rental Phantoms that companies offer as well.
2016-11-2
Use props
brightlights200
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 22:37
If you have a "Once in a lifetime event" com ...

Thank you for your honest reply.
However I do have experince of drones & a phantom size drone is not suitable hence my order for the Mavic as it is such a perfect fit(or should have been for this event).
This is not a dig at yourself but when DJI stream globally thay they will be in store with Apple on the 02/11 I trust that to be true, I have chased this date up twice weekly only to be advised by Apple that they had not been made aware of any changes to this date by DJI.

Sadly today DJI has let myself & countless other customers down & this is a very clear PR Disaster on their behalf, again this is not a dig at yourself as you merely are here answering on their behalf which I do Thank you for being honest about.
Bes tRegards
2016-11-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Dirty Bird Posted at 2016-11-2 14:27
Is that the best excuse you can come up with to explain your membership  in "Shill Squad?"

Sarcasm lowest form of wit,
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 22:37
If you have a "Once in a lifetime event" com ...

No problem at all, hopefully you'll get you Mavic soon.
2016-11-2
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

UAV Man Posted at 2016-11-2 14:12
Oh sorry to Tahoe-Ed forgot to say GREAT JOB too....

Hehe, we can only accept the new year will b ...

The problem is that DJI have become very complacent. They produce excellent products for the most part and, to the best of my knowledge there is absolutely no competition. I am extremely disappointed that the Karma looks like it is a complete joke. At some point someone will start to produce something that gives DJI a serious run for its money (or in this case OUR money). It is only then that DJI will begin to understand that they simply cannot continue to treat their customers so bad;y and continue to get away with it.

I notice that one of the largest model helicopter shops in the UK (which has always stocked DJI products) is not offering the Mavic at all! Slowly but surely retailers are going to stop bothering with DJI... We all be the losers if this continues to happen.
2016-11-2
Use props
fans69d7daab
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-11-2
Use props
Franbcn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3714 ft
Réunion

dfuMgEjYTo52 Posted at 2016-10-29 22:51
Hi, I'm Loïc from Reunion Island.
I ordered my Mavic at my local retailer on oct 29th, and maybe wi ...

Peut-être sera-t-on deux sur les flancs de la Réunion. ...
2016-11-2
Use props
stryjek1
lvl.1

Thailand

Order Time:        2016-09-28 19:07:32 (UTC) to Thailand , not shipped yet
2016-11-2
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 09:14
No problem at all, hopefully you'll get you Mavic soon.

It's probably been said already, but I admire your patience and calm with all of us angry/impatient customers. I think most of the anger is being thrown at the decision makers at DJI, not tech support, or CS support. I totally feel bad for the amount of crap you guys are dealing with right now. I wish the higher ups at DJI would provide you with some answers to soothe everyone.
2016-11-2
Use props
jnmmoore
lvl.2
United States

Just cancelled my order. Like others I'll wait for any issues to get addressed and pick one up in the spring when things have calmed down a bit.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Mir Posted at 2016-11-3 04:27
It's probably been said already, but I admire your patience and calm with all of us angry/impatien ...

Thank you very much, it's part of our jobs
You guys should know something soon.
I do really wish you have your Mavic's already, it's truly a work of art.
2016-11-2
Use props
MuzzaPuppa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28750 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bufischer Posted at 2016-10-31 00:41
This is exactly what might have been underestimated:  Drones are not a "niche product" anymore!  An ...

I know what you are saying but to be honest you can't say the Mavic will be anywhere near the same level of demand as a new iPhone. I know over 20 people personally who either have or are waiting for an iPhone 7 and everyone has a smart phone in their pocket of some sorts but i do not know anyone personally who is waiting for their Mavic.....just me and you guys online. A drone still is a niche product. Everyone is treating DJI as if they are Apple or Microsoft and they are just no where near that big. We have all lived this long without a Mavic....think we can all hang on a few more weeks (especially if it means some of the problems people are experiencing get ironed out).
2016-11-2
Use props
fans0f2c2e42
lvl.3
Flight distance : 682598 ft
United States

Superpedestrian.com with their "Copenhagen Wheel" beats DJI easily as far as pre-orders go.
2016-11-2
Use props
fans3974ae06
lvl.2

fans0f2c2e42 Posted at 2016-11-3 07:08
Superpedestrian.com with their "Copenhagen Wheel" beats DJI easily as far as pre-orders go.

Great! Something else no one in the world needs..... That does not compare to something of value such as the Mavic!
2016-11-2
Use props
fans0f2c2e42
lvl.3
Flight distance : 682598 ft
United States

fans3974ae06 Posted at 2016-11-2 14:36
Great! Something else no one in the world needs..... That does not compare to something of value s ...

ebikes don't  compare to the value of a drone? Really?
2016-11-2
Use props
Heniek W
lvl.2

Canada

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2016-11-1 14:09
If by "you", you are referring to me, understand that I have not been complaining about the shipme ...

I meant all of YOU in general... lol
it's coming soon, I promise you get yours as soon as they ship it bwahaha !
JOKE !
2016-11-4
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Heniek W Posted at 2016-11-5 05:52
I meant all of YOU in general... lol
it's coming soon, I promise you get yours as soon as they shi ...

Ah. Thanks for clarifying.
2016-11-4
Use props
Mac_A_Roll
lvl.2

United States

rocco12475 Posted at 2016-10-29 12:51
I posted the MOST important question EVERYONE would like the answer to and you only responded to som ...

LMAO
2016-11-4
Use props
Mac_A_Roll
lvl.2

United States

LMAO!!!!!!
2016-11-4
Use props
Mac_A_Roll
lvl.2

United States

I wonder how mayn mavics are mad in a day?... how long does it take to make a single mavic and check if its 100%?
2016-11-4
Use props
agzelapending
Banned

Austria

2016-11-8
Use props
JakeS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7287871 ft
  • >>>
United States

agzelapending Posted at 2016-11-8 19:41
Hey JakeS, how much is DJI paying you to go on this forum and be the spineless snake that you seem  ...

lol nothing, and I'm willing to bet they aren't paying Ken or Ed enough to deal with some of the people who have been on this forum in the last month or so.

I am fortunate. I ordered the day it was release and received a drone with none of the issues others are experiencing. I am really thankful for that.
2016-11-8
Use props
JakeS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7287871 ft
  • >>>
United States

agzelapending Posted at 2016-11-8 19:59
Oh, that explains it well I ordered a combo 9/27 and I am one of those being treated like second c ...

I did not order the combo. I am dying for some more batteries though. I hope yours comes in soon!
2016-11-8
Use props
agzelapending
Banned

Netherlands

2016-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules