Those preordered from Apple within September, any news?
1333 12 2016-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AYA74
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2002713 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

It feels like only few of us ordered from Apple as I can't hear many buyers voicing their concerns.
Also, I keep noticing that DJI reps are never commenting or saying any word about whether Apple will start shipping the Mavic Pro from November 2 as proudly exhibited by DJI during its announcement day.
As of today, it seems none of us received a shipping notice from Apple or change of order status and we have no tangible sign on whether we might hope receiving our Mavic in early November.
Where I live, a number of DJI authorized dealers already got their first batches delivered even though in few quantities but at least enough to satisfy those who preordered from them on the very few days. That is a good thing, but hey, DJI, will you be able to make the same thing happen with Apple or will it end up as the same fiasco as with Best Buy in USA?
2016-10-29
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
Flight distance : 562802 ft

There is another thread with some more information - but till now only thoughts, no facts
2016-10-29
Use props
AYA74
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

D_jan_i Posted at 2016-10-30 02:17
There is another thread with some more information - but till now only thoughts, no facts

I just wish to attract Ken or Ed's attention and have their comments on whether they have started shipping to Apple or not. I hope they did and Apple has stocked up and ready to ship from next Wednesday.
2016-10-29
Use props
Ultraflight77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 881598 ft

Yeah it seems to be hush hush about Apple orders. Hopefully not many ordered from them! Lol  All I have been reading about is Best buy,Amazon and B&H photo orders and who ordered from them? and do you have any tracking numbers yet? etc... Sorry but it's over for those folks till late November from what I've read.  Apple is the last retailer to not break the bad news for early pre-orders. Mine still says ships in November but my CC is still pending. A phone call to them the other day I was told they have warehouse stock in Tennessee,they couldn't say when my order would ship other than in November and my order was in "preparing for shipment" and I can not cancel at this point and would have to do a return on it after received... We'll have to wait and see November 2nd if they really have anything to ship..
2016-10-29
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

New Apple orders are saying mid-December....so hopefully the existing ones were just so large that it took up the promised DJI inventory.

It's hard to imagine DJI screwing Apple....although anything is possible. My guess is that they will deliver Apple the promised first shipment (whatever Apple committed to), but then new orders will be at the back of the line like everyone else.

I'd love to see DJI's order book on this thing. I have a feeling that it is into 7 figures....
2016-10-29
Use props
mgtkilledkenny
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1155823 ft
  • >>>

I just wish apple or dji gave some information , as unlikely others .apple customers have no idea at all to a date or time frame .
All early pre orders have just been available November from day one.

Come on dji what are you doing with apple orders ...
2016-10-31
Use props
fanseeb96e3a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144570 ft
United Kingdom

We will only be updated on Nov 2. Either by seeing orders begin to ship (or credit cards being charged), or with a statement about delayed shipping.

Apple knows exactly what is happening, so you can rest assured when we are updated it will be reliable information (whether in the form of a statement, updated shipping times on our orders... etc). Anyone who thinks Apple doesn't know exactly what's happening is only kidding themselves.

Unlike Amazon, BB and other re-seller... Apple are selling it in nearly every country around the world.
DJI will take care of their biggest re-seller, since its a single customer, who will distribute uncountable amount around the world. Anything else would not make logistical or financial sense.

Anyways its all speculation as usual, but i'm sure we will get an update/sign sometime this week as to Apple's situation
2016-10-31
Use props
AYA74
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

fanseeb96e3a Posted at 2016-10-31 16:43
We will only be updated on Nov 2. Either by seeing orders begin to ship (or credit cards being charg ...

I agree! With its logo during the announcement, it is for sure Apple knows what is going on and they probably to not want to have the same critics as DJI or other retailers had, so either they ship or they will release a statement.
2016-10-31
Use props
fansb7b324e9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1155823 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would of though apple would know something by know .
But online chat, Apple Store employees all say they know nothing .
Sure apple being mentioned in dji press conference they would know something ..

Unless they have been told to keep it under wraps and then dji go.

"WOW LOOK PEEPS, WE KEPT OUR 2nd NOVEMEBE PROMISE" .

I just find it odd , 2Days before the indented release to apple. They know nothing
2016-10-31
Use props
fanseeb96e3a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144570 ft
South Africa

Store employees and online chat will have no clue whats happening no matter what.
Look at DJI themselves as case and example, they know exactly whats happening, but online chat, forum moderators etc have no clue.

Of course, it will be a miracle if Apple suddenly sends out orders on Wednesday as i would have expected some cards to be charged properly by now, but at least we know that when Apple DOES update our shipping times from just "November", that it will accurate.
2016-10-31
Use props
AYA74
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

Dear Ed,

Allow me to quote you from another post: "I have two dedicated employees on here full time.  I am here as needed.  I hope that most users appreciate direct input from DJI.  No I do not know when your Mavic will ship so don't even ask."

So you or Ed or Ken are obviously reading this thread too and I am not asking to know where my order is. I am only asking you to know if DJI has also started to ship to Apple like you have started to ship to some of your direct customers and authorized dealers.

I live in Singapore and glad to see that about a dozen of my fellow drone flyers have received theirs, both Combo and Pro only, direct from DJI or via different authorized dealers. We do not have an Apple Store yet in Singapore, so I don't expect to walk in and find a Mavic on the shelves, but how about receiving orders from Apple online store?

So, yes, I would really appreciate if you could give us an update on the deliveries from DJI to Apple, here in Singapore and elsewhere.

Regards,

A DJI fan (despite the waiting but at least myself I wasn't expected anything before November 2nd)
2016-10-31
Use props
AYA74
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

We are November 1st in Singapore. There is no change of order status, still showing as "processing items", there is no activity on my credit card, so it is unlikely now that I will receive my Mavic tomorrow. Will it ship tomorrow? I have no clue since neither DJI nor Apple have yet issued any delay statement and DJI reps are never commenting on any threads opened about orders through Apple.
2016-10-31
Use props
brightlights200
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Apple UK has ring fenced my money twice in my account only to release the same funds a few days later.
2016-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules