Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Ordered via Jessops UK
24759 267 2016-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ixmph9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10912 ft
United Kingdom

I see a few people have ditched Jessops and gone for Maplins. I have only been waiting since the 18th December but Jessops are unable to forecast any delivery yet. I have seriously considered going for the DJI promise for guaranteed 2 week delivery but I have arranged finance through Jessops.

Has anyone ordered the DJI Mavic Pro Fly more Combo in December from Jessops and received it? The help desk is useless they don't have any information on how long or where you are in the queue. So far I have been waiting over 3 weeks, which is not long compared to people who ordered in October or November but since the feed is slowing down has everyone received their order or are people getting sick of waiting?

If anyone has an update on whats happening I would appreciate it, DJI and Jessops seem to think we will wait as long as it takes, I am not sure I can wait. If it doesn't arrive soon my financial circumstances may change (sh1t happens) and I may have no choice.

Let me know what you are experiencing, if nothing else it keeps me busy checking.
2017-1-12
Use props
Stu.harrison
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm the same. Arranged Jessops finance for the fly more pack. Still waiting since October 22nd. At this rate I'm also worried Mavic 2 will be announced shortly after delivery. Jessops lack of communication is appalling. I "spoke" to them via Twitter yesterday (after hassling them several times I eventually got a response) and they really weren't much help. "Delivering orders made early October" was the most info they would give. I have wonder whether they just want people to cancel, especially as the price has now gone up from our original orders.
2017-1-12
Use props
Brockford Fox
lvl.2
Flight distance : 474016 ft
United Kingdom

Hopefully the last update from me!

Jessops called me today at approx 12:30 to take payment and say they were shipping my Mavic and extra Battery. Apparently I'll get it tomorrow (Saturday) so I hope that's the end of this saga (dramatic!). If you get a call from 0344 800 4444...it's Jessops. As a reminder, I ordered on 4th October.

If Jessops/DJI monitor this forum thread, please in the future be more transparent with your processes and communication, regular and honest updates are key to good customer service and ultimately satisfaction. I doubt this experience has put many off buying DJI products in the future (lets face it, for the moment they have the market sewn up) but it will of knocked the confidence and trust people have in the brand as the Mavic was clearly over promised in late September when manufacturing wasn't up to par. As for being put of by Jessops - well I won't be buying the Mavic 2/3/4 (or any other product) from Jessops in the future, I'll choose a different retailer as my personal experience with Jessops has been...terrible, which is a shame because I use to find the brand reliable and competitive.

I hope you all get your Mavics soon too.

Cheers,
Chris
2017-1-13
Use props
Stu.harrison
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Interestingly my order has just had the "on back-order" comment removed ......
2017-1-13
Use props
JamieGers
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Stu.harrison Posted at 2017-1-13 07:15
Interestingly my order has just had the "on back-order" comment removed ......

Hello Stu,

Can I ask when you ordered?

I ordered the Fly More Combo on November 8th so I reckon I'm still someway off getting mine!
2017-1-13
Use props
Stu.harrison
lvl.1

United Kingdom

October 22nd. Still won't believe it till it arrives  
2017-1-13
Use props
JamieGers
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Stu.harrison Posted at 2017-1-13 09:40
October 22nd. Still won't believe it till it arrives

Ha ha well good luck! Keep us posted
2017-1-13
Use props
gmcfadden
New

United Kingdom

FYI........

I ordered the Mavic Pro (not the fly more package) on the 6th October and that's me just got a message saying that it'll be delivered on the 16th Jan.
2017-1-13
Use props
Stu.harrison
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just checked with Jessops and my order was still in limbo waiting for the gimble cover my wife had also ordered !!?? I've removed that from the order and they have said it will be dispatched today and delivered tomorrow !!??
2017-1-16
Use props
MickRennie
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Good to know Stu, I ordered mine on the 2nd Nov so might get it by Easter!
2017-1-16
Use props
Stu.harrison
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Keep an eye on the status losing the "on back order" note
2017-1-16
Use props
Stu.harrison
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Its only gone and arrived

2017-1-17
Use props
fansa312cf41
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mate sits opposite me ordered his from Jessops on the 18th Oct.  His card expired around Christmas and he phoned to tell them.  They said they will call him when they charge his account and get his new details.  He's phoned pretty much every couple of days since and no news on his drone.
Today he went on twitter and messaged them direct, they asked for his order details and advised it has been in the country for 5 days awaiting payment details.  He's phoned, paid and it is coming tomorrow.

Not sure if it helps anyone
2017-1-17
Use props
MickRennie
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Glad to hear people are starting to get them. I just spoke with Charlotte at Jessops and got the usual drivel, didn't even have the decency to say anything, just copy and pasted the standard response. Their customer service is shocking and if nothing else it's taught me never to use them again.
2017-1-17
Use props
ixmph9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10912 ft
United Kingdom

I must admit my experience is the same as most people, no information from Jessops outside the fact they haven't got any and don't know when they will be in. My order was placed on the 18th December so by my calculations based on the information here I wont be getting mine for some time.

As a customer the only thing worse than being told you have to wait 20 weeks and there are 2000 people in-front of you is NO information at all. I keep an eye on different forums and blogs to try and work it out and estimate my self but I am rapidly losing interest.

Even if I am at the back of the queue and they honestly have no forecast, at least I could see others getting theirs and the list shrinking slowly. Their policy of keeping us totally in the dark is damaging their reputation, even if its not their fault the blame for managing it in the dark is going to put people off in future, me included. If I dont hear anything by the weekend I will consider cancelling my order all together.

I know I lose out but not knowing is worse, I keep checking the order page at least twice a day and its getting to be depressing. So well done to all of you that have received your mavic, I hope you enjoy it, for a long time to come. Jessops, wake up and start giving us information, no matter how bad some forecast is better than none.
2017-1-17
Use props
Chriscycling
lvl.3
United Kingdom

ixmph9 Posted at 2017-1-17 14:42
I must admit my experience is the same as most people, no information from Jessops outside the fact they haven't got any and don't know when they will be in. My order was placed on the 18th December so by my calculations based on the information here I wont be getting mine for some time.

As a customer the only thing worse than being told you have to wait 20 weeks and there are 2000 people in-front of you is NO information at all. I keep an eye on different forums and blogs to try and work it out and estimate my self but I am rapidly losing interest.

I keep getting text's from Jessops - 'Sorry we've not be able to deliver your order, call us Blah blah blah'
Ordered from DJI so let's see who delivers first
2017-1-18
Use props
Landrew
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Has anyone recently received anything from Jessops? I ordered on the 21st November (just over 8 weeks ago) and have still not heard anything. i have emailed Jessops and spoke to them on the phone and all I keep getting told that they have not heard anything form DJI. This is probably a familiar story to most people. I have been told that the Directors at Jessops are in touch with DJI on a regular basis but DJI aren't providing any information and to be honest, if they did provide any information I probably won't believe that either after what has recently happened with these new direct orders with DJI. They have lied about delivering before the 18th Jan to people.. it couldn't be anymore clear! I've never owned a drone and I thought that this would be great to have for a first drone, I didn't really know much about this company called DJI but it seemed legit.. and it probably is. I just have never experienced anything like this, its so unusual to me that a company as big as DJI can treat customers this way and third party sellers that are promoting their products and selling them. Why would they do this? I've tried multiple times to get answer from this DJI Chat as most people have and I've also tried multiple times with Jessops UK. However this really strange things keeps happening where they keep blaming each other for the miscommunication and delay. Jessops are saying they don't know anything (literally anything) which I find hard to believe as I was told over the phone that they have a contract with DJI.. doesn't this stand for anything? Or is it not worth the paper it's written on? on the other hand DJI are saying that they can't disclose any information regarding third party sellers such as Jessops UK, so I asked again and attempted to generalise the question and I ask why aren't DJI completing back orders to third party sellers as well as their own customers. In the end aren't we all just DJI customers, this is the product we are buying?? So as I mentioned both companies keep blaming each other and acting as if they don't know anything or can't say anything. As I said to both companies, even after eight weeks surely someone should know something, why the big secrets? As I mentioned above it's all very strange that not just one company but two can't provide any answers. Jessops Uk can't tell me how many they've ordered, when they've ordered them, how many they have received so far, what date they have worked up to with regards to back orders... they can't even disclose this which is odd! I do agree with many people in these forums and this is that we, as customers deserve a decent and honest answer. I don't have any idea of when i might receive a Mavic, I am kinda put off having one all together. I know it's an amazing piece of kit but I'm not too sure if its worth over 1k and a 2/3 month wait? Time flies and later this year there will be some updated drone... so it might be worth the wait for that instead? I wonder if this DJI-Ken can provide some answers with regards to third party sellers.. I won't hold me breath as they've not been able to answer much apart from customers that have had late delivery or the odd damaged/faulty drone.
2017-1-18
Use props
Captain Pugwash
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Landrew Posted at 2017-1-18 13:39
Has anyone recently received anything from Jessops? I ordered on the 21st November (just over 8 weeks ago) and have still not heard anything. i have emailed Jessops and spoke to them on the phone and all I keep getting told that they have not heard anything form DJI. This is probably a familiar story to most people. I have been told that the Directors at Jessops are in touch with DJI on a regular basis but DJI aren't providing any information and to be honest, if they did provide any information I probably won't believe that either after what has recently happened with these new direct orders with DJI. They have lied about delivering before the 18th Jan to people.. it couldn't be anymore clear! I've never owned a drone and I thought that this would be great to have for a first drone, I didn't really know much about this company called DJI but it seemed legit.. and it probably is. I just have never experienced anything like this, its so unusual to me that a company as big as DJI can treat customers this way and third party sellers that are promoting their products and selling them. Why would they do this? I've tried multiple times to get answer from this DJI Chat as most people have and I've also tried multiple times with Jessops UK. However this really strange things keeps happening where they keep blaming each other for the miscommunication and delay. Jessops are saying they don't know anything (literally anything) which I find hard to believe as I was told over the phone that they have a contract with DJI.. doesn't this stand for anything? Or is it not worth the paper it's written on? on the other hand DJI are saying that they can't disclose any information regarding third party sellers such as Jessops UK, so I asked again and attempted to generalise the question and I ask why aren't DJI completing back orders to third party sellers as well as their own customers. In the end aren't we all just DJI customers, this is the product we are buying?? So as I mentioned both companies keep blaming each other and acting as if they don't know anything or can't say anything. As I said to both companies, even after eight weeks surely someone should know something, why the big secrets? As I mentioned above it's all very strange that not just one company but two can't provide any answers. Jessops Uk can't tell me how many they've ordered, when they've ordered them, how many they have received so far, what date they have worked up to with regards to back orders... they can't even disclose this which is odd! I do agree with many people in these forums and this is that we, as customers deserve a decent and honest answer. I don't have any idea of when i might receive a Mavic, I am kinda put off having one all together. I know it's an amazing piece of kit but I'm not too sure if its worth over 1k and a 2/3 month wait? Time flies and later this year there will be some updated drone... so it might be worth the wait for that instead? I wonder if this DJI-Ken can provide some answers with regards to third party sellers.. I won't hold me breath as they've not been able to answer much apart from customers that have had late delivery or the odd damaged/faulty drone.

I'm still waiting and ordered 16th October for a fly more combo. I did get one from Maplin before Christmas, but have kept this order with Jessops going. It beggars belief that Jessops really don't have any info, I'm very dubious. I certainly won't ever use them again
2017-1-18
Use props
adamrobertharti
New

United States

Ordered on the 12th and November. No communication and responses from CS@Jessops is appalling. Have this morning emailed the Managing director and marketing Manager for some answers. Considering they have just established themselves again from bankruptcy in 2013 you would think they would do all they can to retain customers. Even more aggrieved knowing the DJI are fulfilling orders placed last week!
2017-1-18
Use props
Landrew
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks guys for letting me know, I have emailed CS@jessops a few times and i've had to send another email almost 3/4 days later asking for a reply. It makes me laugh because the auto response says that we will receive a reply with in 24 hours! I also copied in one of the directors in to the email and I got a response from a lady called Becky, she seems like a lovely person that is only doing her job but again I feel like we aren't being told the entire truth. I asked Becky what response they have had from DJI because I've been told "Jessops are in touch with DJI on a daily basis" so my question is, what is being said? It seems that no one can answer this from Jessops? I was told that Jessops is in a contact with DJI, so I though that this would have meant something? So just a warning Adamborbertharti, Jessops will probably reply with something like that and they won't answer any direct question, it seems to be some script they send in an email. I understand that the initial problem lays with DJI but what exactly is being said to Jessops and other third party sellers with regard to stock? When I asked Jessops about the new orders with DJI and the new delivery times they said that they are aware of this and that the directors at Jessops are again in daily contact with DJI... well my question again is.. what is being said? You would think that because of the situation Jessops was in back in 2013 they would deal with this situation much better then they have been doing. Adamrobertharti, I hope that you do get a decent reply, or a better one than what I did. Good luck with them... I am going to keep my order with Jessops as I am intrigued  as to how long this is actually going to take. In the mean time I may look at ordering direct with DJI but I don't have much faith in that either as people that ordered at the beginning of this month still haven't received their Mavics!
2017-1-19
Use props
Stu.harrison
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mine arrived this week after an order on 22nd October. It had been waiting "in stock" for a couple of days as my son had tagged on a gimble cover to the order so they wouldn't send out till that was in stock too !!?? Also needed to refresh deposit (0% finance) as the original deposit reservation had expired. Took two calls on the same day before they actually got it right. Worth calling them.

Worth the wait though
2017-1-20
Use props
Lukevandam
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I just spoke to Jessops on the Phone, didn't give much information away. They said they are up to October 6th on Just Mavic Orders and 22nd october on Fly more combo orders which must be Stu.Harrison order above. They get randoms amounts per 7-10 days. DJI are the main culprit here not fulfilling supplier orders before selling direct. He did say that some orders were being held up by banking issues with customers so if your have ordered around this time check that your are not holding up your own order.
2017-1-20
Use props
fansa3b308d4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25371 ft
United Kingdom

JamieGers Posted at 2017-1-13 08:14
Hello Stu,

Can I ask when you ordered?

Ordered mine on the 7th and all they will tell me is that Im in the top third of their list. I really had to twist their arms for this information. I think Jessops are a bit of a disgrace when it comes to customer service. Not very helpful or apologetic, quickly blaming DJI for everything.
2017-1-20
Use props
Timdog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 60702 ft
Falkland Islands

I ordered mine from jessops in store on October 3rd and had nothing but help with my order. I pretty much phoned every day moaning and the guy helped me by constantly chasing it all he could. Dji aren't feeding them the info they need to give a good customer service. Instead of them being honest and saying we don't know as dji aren't giving us info they are trying to keep people happy by just saying any day now. Dji are messing this company about as much as other stores which sucks for everyone. If you only went to jessops as they did finance don't moan as I'm sure u can go get a loan anywhere to go to one of the stores that have one in stock. If not then do what all us others did and save some money or work harder.
2017-1-20
Use props
MickRennie
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks Timdog, so you moaned at Jessops pretty much every day but you don't think anyone that chose interest free finance (no brainer) has the right to moan and we should either save more or work harder!! Pretty arrogant. I'm sure you will be posting the best drone footage in the coming days, if you are not too busy working hard!
2017-1-20
Use props
JamieGers
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fansa3b308d4 Posted at 2017-1-20 11:03
Ordered mine on the 7th and all they will tell me is that Im in the top third of their list. I really had to twist their arms for this information. I think Jessops are a bit of a disgrace when it comes to customer service. Not very helpful or apologetic, quickly blaming DJI for everything.

7th November? That is encouraging if so.

I ordered the Fly More Combo. Was it that you got yourself mate?
2017-1-23
Use props
Lukevandam
lvl.1
United Kingdom

JamieGers Posted at 2017-1-23 04:36

i would have thought he meant 7th October as last order to fulfilled by jessops was one for the 6th october
2017-1-23
Use props
JamieGers
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Lukevandam Posted at 2017-1-23 06:44
i would have thought he meant 7th October as last order to fulfilled by jessops was one for the 6th october

Ah right, Some said above they're up to Oct 22nd on Fly More.
2017-1-23
Use props
Lukevandam
lvl.1
United Kingdom

JamieGers Posted at 2017-1-23 07:06
Ah right, Some said above they're up to Oct 22nd on Fly More.

oh maybe sorry though u were just mavic yeah that is promising then
2017-1-23
Use props
JamieGers
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Lukevandam Posted at 2017-1-23 07:16
oh maybe sorry though u were just mavic yeah that is promising then

Hoping for the best anyway!
2017-1-23
Use props
fansa0e45620
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Now 86 days since my order and no nearer getting mine.

Notice today that DJI direct orders are now shipping to U.K in 3-5 business days.

Frustrating
2017-1-25
Use props
Flipout360
New

United Kingdom

Meant to update this earlier but I received my Mavic on Monday 23rd, having ordered back in late October.  It's been a long old wait!  Good luck to all of you waiting!  Just need some clearer days to really test this thing out now...
2017-1-27
Use props
fansa3b308d4
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ordered mine from Jessops early November, still no sign and customer service doesn't know when they are arriving. I've ordered a second drone off DJI, if I end up with and extra one I could probably sell it to someone i know it convienent as I work in a tech company and everyone lives this type of stuff.
2017-1-28
Use props
fansa3b308d4
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fansa0e45620 Posted at 2017-1-25 06:13
Now 86 days since my order and no nearer getting mine.

Notice today that DJI direct orders are now shipping to U.K in 3-5 business days.

I'm sure it 7-10 day?
2017-1-28
Use props
fansa3b308d4
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Timdog Posted at 2017-1-20 12:31
I ordered mine from jessops in store on October 3rd and had nothing but help with my order. I pretty much phoned every day moaning and the guy helped me by constantly chasing it all he could. Dji aren't feeding them the info they need to give a good customer service. Instead of them being honest and saying we don't know as dji aren't giving us info they are trying to keep people happy by just saying any day now. Dji are messing this company about as much as other stores which sucks for everyone. If you only went to jessops as they did finance don't moan as I'm sure u can go get a loan anywhere to go to one of the stores that have one in stock. If not then do what all us others did and save some money or work harder.

thanks for the helpful advice
2017-1-29
Use props
fansa3b308d4
lvl.2
United Kingdom

thanks for the helpful advice
2017-1-29
Use props
fansa3b308d4
lvl.2
United Kingdom

thanks for the very helpful advice
2017-1-29
Use props
fansa3b308d4
lvl.2
United Kingdom

sorry for the very late reply, but yes 7th Nov
2017-1-29
Use props
fansa3b308d4
lvl.2
United Kingdom

2017-1-29
Use props
JamieGers
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fansa3b308d4 Posted at 2017-1-29 09:41

Nice one thanks a lot.

Hope yours arrives soon! If you're 3rd top I'm hopefully not far behind.

2017-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules