Litchi app yes/no?
1955 20 2016-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
billy_houston
lvl.1

United Kingdom

What benefits has the litchi app got that are better than the free dji app?
2016-10-29
Use props
makokiller
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1115095 ft
United States

Everything.. It is a must have app. DJI app blows.
2016-10-29
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Good answer everything. Can you elaborate?
2016-10-29
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

makokiller Posted at 2016-10-29 16:53
Everything.. It is a must have app. DJI app blows.

The DJI app is really a good app, it does everything it was designed to do. As most fly the drone as only FPV or LOS only or use the map overlay. It's close to flawless for this. I didn't say it's perfect, but close. Most don't do waypoints, but for those that do. Yes Litchi is better. Most don't want to use goggles and fly VR, and again for those that want to. Litchi is the way to go. But again most just fly FPV, LOS or by map overlay. And the GO app works great for these.
2016-10-29
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
United States

Waypoint missions are the the number one reason to get Litchi. You can plan them right on your device or via the Mission Hub on their site and sync it to your device. The next reason would be if you want to fly VR with a pair of goggles.
2016-10-29
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

I agree with the others:
With Litchi, You can plan a waypoint mission on your computer, or build it using the two keys on the remote, which can be programmed to do all sorts of stuff.  To tour our neighborhood, I did the entire 2.5 mile mission on my computer and synced it to my iPhone.  

When flying a mission, you can go beyond your radio reception distance, as I did flying to a local lake 1.25 miles away.  It was VERY scary, having no contact with my bird, but after 2.5 minutes contact was made again and everything was fine.  The video was great.  Just be absolutely sure your heights are good and that the last waypoints are easily within your reception distance.  

“Orbit” is also wonderful and can be done on your mobile device (not yet on the computer).  We have a hickory tree that is changing color, so I made a program to look at it as it rotates around it (like the POI in DJI GO) but you program it on your mobile device instead of having to actually fly the course first.

Your flight data is synced directly to Healthydrones.com, which makes flight analysis easy and quick.

In short:  This is a great program and I have only used it for a few weeks
2016-10-29
Use props
DanD2
lvl.2
United States

First post here....lots of great info. New to flying drones, I purchased a P3S a few weeks ago and have been having a ball flying it. Did a bit of research on the Litchi app (Android), is there a free version or is it just best to buy it?
2016-11-3
Use props
fans09250969
lvl.1

United States

DanD2 Posted at 2016-11-4 10:18
First post here....lots of great info. New to flying drones, I purchased a P3S a few weeks ago and h ...

No free version that I know of.  It costs $25 or something like that. I bought the app to see if it would solve my video transmission issues and it did not.  The company was good enough to refund my money.
2016-11-4
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

fans09250969 Posted at 2016-11-4 07:22
No free version that I know of.  It costs $25 or something like that. I bought the app to see if i ...

Litchi Mission Hub is fantastic, plan a whole waypoint mission in the comfort of your home on your laptop, home computer, play & tweak your mission until you like it, then, when ready to fly, hit the download mission icon on your tablet/phone ,whatever you fly with,  & you can look at the mission before you fly it.
Hit run & away she goes.
A great feature of Litchi is if you loose connection with your bird mid mission, Litchi will finish your mission & at last waypoint, hover, or return to waypoint #1, etc. or whatever you programmed it to do.
Worth every penny!
2016-11-4
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56 ft
United States

Agreed. Bought Litchi after my first day of owning a P3A and have been using it ever since. The Waypoint features works great. I was also scared to send it out over a mile outside visual range. But it flew its mission and flew back and landed. I have no complaints on Litchi at all, except for one: It wasn't playing nice with my LG G4. Company said there's some software conflict. So I switched to my Samsung Tablet and it works great. Worth every penny.
2016-11-4
Use props
DanD2
lvl.2
United States

Great, thanx for the info guys.
2016-11-4
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Billy,

Litchi is definitely the way to go if you want to do waypoint runs and save them to do again. I like to fly manually with ATTI, GPS assisted and with waypoints. Litchi does it all. I rarely ever use the DJI Go app. It would be tough to do multiple six mile runs like this using DJI Go.

Jerry

2016-11-4
Use props
fans09250969
lvl.1

United States

Blackbeagle Posted at 2016-11-5 02:57
Agreed. Bought Litchi after my first day of owning a P3A and have been using it ever since. The Wayp ...

Glad your tablet worked with Litchi, but mine did not.  I was having problems with my new Samsung Tab A and wrote Litchi.  Their comment was that this tablet was not very powerful and could have problems.
2016-11-5
Use props
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-11-5 11:50
Billy,

Litchi is definitely the way to go if you want to do waypoint runs and save them to do again ...

Great project.  Well done.
2016-11-5
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

EdM Posted at 2016-11-5 07:25
Great project.  Well done.

Thanks, Ed but I couldn't have done it without Litchi.

Jerry
2016-11-5
Use props
EmilioCid
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7445200 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-11-5 20:34
Thanks, Ed but I couldn't have done it without Litchi.

Jerry

I do prefer the Waypoints of DJI GO.   In many places it´s very dangerous to program a mission only using google maps.  I prefer to record the way points actually seeing them.   

I just regret that DJ GO took away the feature to record gimbal´s position in the newer version.  

The same for orbit
-----------

But FPV, Track, Follow of Litchi are really great.

I use both apps.
2016-11-5
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
United States

EmilioCid Posted at 2016-11-5 10:14
I do prefer the Waypoints of DJI GO.   In many places it´s very dangerous to program a mission on ...

Agree with your view on waypoints, but only in part. If the waypoints are in tight next to a POI you might be cutting it close with clearance relying solely on a online map. But where Litchi is a must in a waypoint mission is when your flight plan or any POI is not within LOS, not talking VLOS here. And your signal may drop because of this or just because the distance is far off.
2016-11-5
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

fans09250969 Posted at 2016-11-4 03:22
No free version that I know of.  It costs $25 or something like that. I bought the app to see if i ...

Its $12 for  Thanksgiving
2016-11-24
Use props
willing2
lvl.1
Canada

Someone on here said the NFZ's are not there with this app. I HATE to bypass them but DJI won't make a unlocked version of go for my android. (long story... I have ALL the permissions.)

Are the NFZ's there??
2016-12-28
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

willing2 Posted at 2016-12-29 13:12
Someone on here said the NFZ's are not there with this app. I HATE to bypass them but DJI won't make a unlocked version of go for my android. (long story... I have ALL the permissions.)

Are the NFZ's there??

Yes, the NFZs are part of the aircraft, they have nothing to do with the app on your phone.
2016-12-28
Use props
willing2
lvl.1
Canada

Crap... but thanks for the reply!
2016-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules