Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

davcom1 Posted at 2016-10-30 23:45
I would love to know the relevance of amount of battery charge to the OP's problem though? Sure, it  ...

Sorry you asked about flight time, I can only go by p4 flight time 26mins but nobody gets more than 19 mins which is a lot and if you set it to say land with say min 20% well I'm sure you can work the math out, and it will be similar with Mavic,
Interesting enough passenger airplanes have to carry double the amount of fuel on flights and are also only allowed land with I think it's 50% of fuel, if they have more they have to dump before they land.
If you apply a similar to battery drones you might see the importance of flying with full batteries.
2016-10-30
Use props
agentbb007
lvl.2

United States

Wow yet another rogue mavic not responding properly to user input. I hope they figure out what is causing his issue because I'm going to be afraid to fly my mavic when it arrives.
And who cares about the 50% battery we need to focus on the real problem which is why mavics are randomly flying crazy without user input.
2016-10-30
Use props
copilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791736 ft
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-31 11:08
Manual pre flight checklist page 49 go read it if you have anything left between your ears, there  ...

Gee chill lol
2016-10-30
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft
Germany

Seems still is out od stock for the Mavic as well :-)

Nils
2016-10-31
Use props
fansd91ca714
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440981 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-31 01:07
Well if you look at mad angler post first question asked were the batteries fully charged ,a mere  ...

He (mad angler) did and you the followed that up with the importance of having full charge - I get that. I still fail to see what it has to do with the camera shaking and the left stick failing to do anything?

If the OP has not bothered to charge his battery in between days then more fool him. The "what was the charge state of your battery?" question is perhaps standard but not relevant to the symptoms. DJI-Ken didn't ask that.

No need for "pitch forks" quote, I agree.

hallmark - I bet if you have a car, the manual will say to check lights, condition of tyres etc before every trip... can you say, hand-on-heart, that you do this??
2016-10-31
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft
Germany

Hi !
Couldn't you just leave it at that and agree that:
-The battery "warnings" are very probably NOT related to the OP Problem
-Experienced Pilots know the Problems (Who of you did NOT have to emergency land because you miscalculated battery usage on the way back because of heavy wind) and automatically compensate for it.
-Newbies CAN and WILL benefit from the general hint to fly fully charge or at least THINK about the connected issues that hallmark007 laid down and as the OP is a newbie he got that for free :-)

And stop posting about that issue ?

please... I would love to know more about the problem (and its solution) if tehre is one instead of discussing unwanted yet still usable hints...

Nils
2016-10-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansd91ca714 Posted at 2016-10-31 09:51
He (mad angler) did and you the followed that up with the importance of having full charge - I get  ...

There is a significant difference, if your lights fail you won't drop out of the sky, if as op said he was panicked in emergency he does not no what to do, first advice to give him is to prepare before he goes out flying, and in my opinion if you don't your asking for trouble, so my first piece of advice would always be make sure your battery is fully charged, yes his problem is most likely bad calibration IMU , Of which he said he had done and done again I suspect in the park, now if he's doing cal IMU in the park that's crazy, so first things first prepare properly before flying,
I think if you go on to P4 forum you will see many instances where battery suddenly drops from 80% to almost nothing and landing just takes place where battery runs out, some have put up logs, I suspect others just didn't check before take off, I think if you look at latest crash here on forum , you will see the first thing pilot says I had 40% battery left, not a coincidence he said this, he's letting you know that at least he was prepared for his flight.
2016-10-31
Use props
Zatx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

"The camera was shaky, and there was some drone error status. I didn't pay much attention."

There are so many people that in their excitement just choose to ignore warning's and errors. There is a reason that warnings and error messages exist.

Land your craft. Research the issue. Don't fly again until you have a resolution.

Your craft then lives to fly again.
2016-10-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

nils_heidorn Posted at 2016-10-31 10:16
Hi !
Couldn't you just leave it at that and agree that:
-The battery "warnings" are very probably NO ...

Ok I can only explain it like this.
OP was panicked doesn't know what to do in emergency his words.
How can I help firstly tell him he needs to be better prepared before going out flying.
How can I do this , first and most important thing battery fully charged I told him because it's important, you can't refuel when your in the sky so it's important to have enough, it's why commercial aircraft are required to carry double the amount of fuel by law.
Next his problem seems to have been BAD IMU , I explained what to do and how to properly carry out IMU CAL , he said that he did IMU CAL again well did he do it in the park if he did that's just crazy.
Next you want to know why I put such emphasis on the battery, firstly he is a beginner who as he says is panicked and doesn't know what to do in emergency, well if his emergency was due to critical battery he most likely would not have a clue what to do.
Lastly the forums on P4 and inspire are littered with crashes lost aircraft, and many other instances because of pilots not having enough battery to get home, of battery failure and sudden reduction in power for many different reasons.
I think when you get your drone it will be a big mistake to place all your trust in RTH to get your drone home, but rather only use in case of real emergency,
You will also find that the majority of experience flyers will choose to land there drone with 25 to 35% battery, remember the OP was starting his day flying with 50% .
You might think you can judge the wind standing on the ground but when your aircraft is 40 meters in the air you will notice weather can be a lot different.
2016-10-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ok your right apologies.
2016-10-31
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

"..it's why commercial aircraft are required to carry double the amount of fuel by law."

I suspect you might want to check your sources on that ridiculous claim. It's more like "Enough fuel to re-route to a pre-planned Plan B alternative airport, plus another 40 minutes". It's certainly nothing like double the fuel load.

The reason we are advised to only fly on a fully charged battery is because of a thing referred to as 'battery sag', which is mostly only a problem in cold weather/if the craft has had time to cool down before the next flight.

In short, one or some of the cells may not be high enough compared to the others, causing a sudden shut-down without warning.
2016-10-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-10-31 15:07
"..it's why commercial aircraft are required to carry double the amount of fuel by law."

I suspect  ...

Sorry you are correct, my information comes from my brother who is a pilot he flies U.K. To Ireland these are 50 min flights in this case they are required to carry double the amount of fuel , fuel to get to alternative airport plus 45 mins reserve, so yes you are correct not all flights?
2016-10-31
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

Can we focus on the fact that another drone completely ignored user input.
2016-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, could you please upload the flight data to dropbox and send me the link?
You can use the same method to find the flight data as the Phantom 4.
Here is a video tutorial for reference:

2016-11-5
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

I thought he already did supply Fly log files to DJI -Ken.

User did say this "The worse thing was that the left stick didn't work. The drone flew up and down and started turning."
Would not let this information left aside, it looks like the "out of control" issue were the RC cannot control the Mavic.

2016-11-6
Use props
djiuser_6AAvXmV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13379 ft

United States

My Mavic Pro IMU Couldn't Calibrate at all, I tried reinstalling firmware and updating the Software for my drone and Controller, but still problem exits. The "ACC1 & GYR01 IS working but not the ACC0 & GYR00"  
It Stuck at 1/5. I'm tried of waiting.Can someone Please Help me solve this.
This is My Gmail: saisitutun@gmail.com
Thank you so much  !!
2017-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules