After a short fall one motor will not start
1105 5 2015-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arthur.rutter.l
New

United Kingdom

hi , after a short fall about 6 feet after getting tangled in washing rope, one motor will not start up and the LED under that arm is not lighting up, can anyone help with how to fix this problem, any help would be appreciated, thanks

I have a phantom 2 series
2015-2-5
Use props
johnwarr.live
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

If the motor looks ok and turns freely by hand, then all you need to replace is the ESC (electronic speed controller) in the Phantom's arm.
2015-2-5
Use props
tonyphantom147.
lvl.3

United Kingdom

If it's the V3 controller the ESC are very delicate.  The slightest accident and they go kaput.
2015-2-5
Use props
arthur.rutter.l
New

United Kingdom

johnwarr.live Posted at 2015-2-6 03:04
If the motor looks ok and turns freely by hand, then all you need to replace is the ESC (electronic  ...

hi the led in the motor arm is not working as well, could this mean its the ESC? thanks for your reply
2015-2-5
Use props
johnwarr.live
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The LED is built into the ESC so as I said if the motor turns freely by hand then you only need to replace the ESC.
You can check the connections first just in case the crash pulled one of the joints apart.
2015-2-5
Use props
kneverett56
New

United States

Sorry, I thought this was for the Inspire 1

I noticed when I put the props on mine the right side motors felt a bit "gummy" or "sticky" when I checked their rotation.  The right front motor had the most drag to it.  I launched it for my first flight and as it rose off the ground it started sliding left.  It never went above 6 feet and started falling down and left rapidly and crashed before I could react.  I took the props off for some testing before attempting another flight.  After that single impact, the front right motor would not spin at all.  It jerks, but won't even spin up to full speed.  The back right motor spun up, but after 3-4 seconds started smoking.  So I shut it down.  I've since returned it for repair / replacement.
2015-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules