Newbie looking for some answers
1166 7 2015-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
forpanos
lvl.1
Greece

Hello .. i recently bought a DJI Phantom 2 v2.0 and i have one question .. How long should these motors live for ? do i have to get them for service or maintaince at a hobby shop ? ive heard something about the motor bearings .. i am asking because i dont want one day while in the air one of the motors stops and the phantom crashes .. also sorry for my bad english im from greece
2015-2-5
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

dont worry about your bad english.  it is better than most frankly.  the bearings will last a LONG time if you use it in good operating conditions.  the motors themselves should last several hundred hours if not longer.  

as for maintenance, yes, you can have them serviced or you could in theory do that service yourself (take the cover off, remove dust and other particles, clean it up a bit, inspect, etc).  but assuming you dont have some mechanical failure NOT due to normal wear, you should be able to get many hours of flight time on them.  i would recommend that you do some form of service every 20 - 30 hours of flight time.

i have seen other posts on this board with great info on maintenance so those folks may respond her also and you might get a few hits on this topic by searching the board more.
2015-2-5
Use props
johnwarr.live
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I have had my V+ for 6 months and around 60 flights and at no time has a screwdriver been anywhere near it, maybe when it reaches its 1st birthday I might take the top off for a peak...
2015-2-5
Use props
forpanos
lvl.1
Greece

thanks for your answer
2015-2-5
Use props
tonyphantom147.
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Test for play in the motor shafts every 40 hours flight. If loose both  bearing needs replacing. The motors  Will last longer than your phantom.
2015-2-5
Use props
perdidoflyer
lvl.2

United States

tonyphantom147. Posted at 2015-2-6 05:20
Test for play in the motor shafts every 40 hours flight. If loose both  bearing needs replacing. The ...

You have received good advice here. I too fly the P2V+ V2, and summarizing, inspect for/remove/blow out debris, check for play in the motor shafts/bearings, and hand turn each prop...they should all feel the same in terms of resistance/smoothness.
2015-2-5
Use props
tonyphantom147.
lvl.3

United Kingdom

johnwarr.live Posted at 2015-2-6 05:17
I have had my V+ for 6 months and around 60 flights and at no time has a screwdriver been anywhere n ...

You might be surprised how much grit/dirt/dust is accumulating.
2015-2-6
Use props
johnwarr.live
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Maybe, but I take off from the top of my hard case and hand catch, so its never been on the ground to stir up any dust, but as I said, I might have a look once its done 12 months service.
2015-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules