Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,
I operate an S1000, A3, LB2 and Z15 GH4.

I have a slave controller for the gimbal operation which works fine, however I do get a message in the DJI start up screen that the gimbal is disconnected.
Does this refer to the Z15 or is it just for Ronin or X5?
As I say, everything works OK so I'm not particularly bothered by it but would like to know?  
2016-10-30
Use props
Adamphillip
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I'm flying the exact same setup as you and running into a very similar problem, though I've been able to get it to recognise my gimbal by using the supplied 7pin video cable, but I'm unable to get an actual video feed
2016-10-31
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is that the cable from the Z15 GCU to the Lightbridge Air Unit?

It has 6 pins at the Gimbal end 7 at the Lightbridge end because I am using that cable?

Can you operate your Gimbal through the Go App?

I can go through the motion of panning and tilting on the touch screen but the Gimbal does not respond.
2016-11-1
Use props
Adamphillip
lvl.1
United Kingdom

our cable is 7pin to 7pin and we can control our gimbal
2016-11-1
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you operate the gimbal by the touch screen in the Go app or just from the transmitter?
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Normally a gimbal disconnect would refer to some sort of communication issue with any of the gimbals, but everything seems to be working fine for the exception of using the touch screen optioni in the app? You're able to move the gimbal via the RC and get a video feed, correct?
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Adamphillip,

Just letting you know I'm responding to you on your main thread:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-70333-1-1.html                               

2016-11-2
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-2 16:56
Normally a gimbal disconnect would refer to some sort of communication issue with any of the gimbals ...

Yes the gimbal operates fine with the slave LB2 ground unit. Can you confirm that the Z15 GH4 should operate via the Go App touch screen? I get the circular icon on the screen and can move it about but the gimbal doesn't respond. I thought maybe this function did not work with the Z15. Could yo confirm either way? And yes, I am getting video feed to both units from the GH4 and FPV.
Thanks
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

SkySight Aerial Posted at 2016-11-3 03:39
Yes the gimbal operates fine with the slave LB2 ground unit. Can you confirm that the Z15 GH4 shou ...

I've confirmed that the Go app touch screen option will only work when it's connected to any of the X series cameras, such as the X3, X5 series etc. Because this function is integrated in the Go app, the circular icon will appear should you touch and hold the screen. Like you have experienced, however, the function would not carry the command to the Z15 itself.

It seems odd that you're getting a gimbal disconnect notice when everything seems to be working. Have you already tried reinstalling the Go app?
2016-11-3
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Jamie,
I'm not worried about it and if it isn't supposed to work the error message is only on the start up screen so isn't an issue.
I will be getting an X5 fairly soon so it can stay as it is until then especially as everything is working OK.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

SkySight Aerial Posted at 2016-11-4 02:58
Thanks Jamie,
I'm not worried about it and if it isn't supposed to work the error message is only on ...

Good to hear!
2016-11-3
Use props
Helicam Pune
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275732 ft
India

My inspire with X3 shows same issue with the latest available f/w from dji. later on I downgrade the f/w of the aircraft only and the problem solve. but gimbal still tilt on roll axis continuously when aircraft moves in either direction.
I tried with gimbal calibration and problem gets solved unto certain level but tilt on the roll axis is still present. I heard this problem is bourn with zenmuse series gimbals...
hope dji could put some solutions...  
2017-2-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Helicam Pune Posted at 2017-2-28 01:29
My inspire with X3 shows same issue with the latest available f/w from dji. later on I downgrade the f/w of the aircraft only and the problem solve. but gimbal still tilt on roll axis continuously when aircraft moves in either direction.
I tried with gimbal calibration and problem gets solved unto certain level but tilt on the roll axis is still present. I heard this problem is bourn with zenmuse series gimbals...
hope dji could put some solutions...

Had you also tried performing an IMU and gimbal calibration in that order and not just the gimbal calibration?
2017-2-28
Use props
Helicam Pune
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275732 ft
India

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-28 13:58
Had you also tried performing an IMU and gimbal calibration in that order and not just the gimbal calibration?

Yes I did IMU calibration and then gimbal calibration.
2017-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules