Does not look good for the Karma...
2388 33 2016-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pello
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11988 ft
Austria

After watching this video im glad i sticked with the mavic, although i got a Gopro...

2016-10-30
Use props
Bennyboy1983
lvl.3
Flight distance : 141089 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dam I'm glad I never cancelled my pre-order of the Mavic.
2016-10-30
Use props
skyrider420
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-30
Use props
StianGel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

Just watched this myself.
Wow, he really hates the Karma.
I like the controller concept. Just flip up the screen and go.
I also think the image quality is/can be better with the Karma.
2016-10-30
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Casey Neistat just got his Karma in the mail in today's vlog, tomorrow's might be his more comprehensive review. Curious to see how he really feels about it.
2016-10-30
Use props
Pello
lvl.2
Austria

Jea i might get the Karma Grip for my Hero4 because it looks nice and works fine (and it's not a third party gimbal) but the Karma drone... well i don't know it you can buy the Karma in the USA right now but in Europe you have to wait until 2017, so i hope that GoPro postponed the release in order to to fix some of the issues it has (and not all of them are just software issues like Mavic has a few bugs right now). I feel sad for GoPro that Karma will probaby fail since it just cant compete with other drones. After all i really like my Hero4, although there might be better action cams.
2016-10-30
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>

I don't think it will fail necessarily because of their name, plenty of people will buy it as their first drone because they know GoPro but not necessarily the other companies. For people who know more about drones it's a no Brainer to get the Mavic.
2016-10-30
Use props
Z2aSsqaTEVxn
lvl.2
United States

Ijustine crashed hers on her first flight and she has flown drones before.

2016-10-30
Use props
Pello
lvl.2
Austria

Well that's bad KARMA...
sorry for the bad joke
Who was so clever to call something Karma?
2016-10-30
Use props
phatee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36165 ft
United States

Z2aSsqaTEVxn Posted at 2016-10-30 15:53

https://www.youtube.com/ ...

soo....you're saying i should buy some gopro stock..got it.
2016-10-30
Use props
davcom1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440981 ft
United Kingdom

Wow. Loving the Woodman sketch at the end.
2016-10-30
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

Z2aSsqaTEVxn Posted at 2016-10-30 19:53

She's a dumb tart who doesn't understand that GPS lock requires a clear view of the sky. Risky strategy giving someone like that your products; she may have loads of subscribers but she's as thick as they come.
2016-10-30
Use props
maichelvnl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 315348 ft
Netherlands

Watty2000 Posted at 2016-10-30 21:27
She's a dumb tart who doesn't understand that GPS lock requires a clear view of the sky. Risky str ...

Also I think she works for, or is at least sponsored by DJI (didn't she give a presentation at the unveiling of the Mavic), making her very untrustworthy for a Gopro Karma test haha.
2016-10-30
Use props
hepnotic
lvl.1

United States

Its a shame. GoPro is an american company that could have provided much better support, service, and communication. But clearly the mavic is superior.
2016-10-30
Use props
leostark
lvl.2

Australia

figured as much, give it a couple of iterations and it'll be good, just not right now
2016-10-30
Use props
JudgeRoyBean
lvl.2

Not impressed
2016-10-30
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

maichelvnl Posted at 2016-10-30 15:30
Also I think she works for, or is at least sponsored by DJI (didn't she give a presentation at the ...

I think your claims are absurd. She is not an employee of DJI. She did get a free predeceased, because of her YouTube fame, like Casey did. Also, like Casey, she lost her Mavic in the water in Hawaii. Why do you think she bought a Karma? Because she cannot replace her Mavic until they ship. She also dropped her $3000 Sony A7r mark II in the pool on the same trip. Is she careless? Yes. But she is not new to drones, and has probably flown more than most people here. I think the Karma crashed because it's not any more ready for flying than the Mavic. I am happy that I don't have mine yet. No matter how much experience I have, it would probably crash, and everyone here would claim that it was because I forgot to clap 3 times before taking off.
2016-10-30
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

What a piece of crap the Karma is, and they want over $1300 for what? It has no features. There is one on eBay for $750, but it has crashed and is only sold for parts. I'm glad I'm getting a Mavic.
2016-10-30
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

dana5 Posted at 2016-10-30 21:36
I think your claims are absurd. She is not an employee of DJI. She did get a free predeceased, bec ...

I really hope that when my Mavic eventually arrives it isn't predeceased!
2016-10-30
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

It looks like Mavic took one of it's blades and sliced through everything that GoPro wanted to be with the Karma.  So glad I ordered the Mavic, Not so glad I have to wait.
2016-10-30
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Z2aSsqaTEVxn Posted at 2016-10-30 20:53

She is the perfect example on how people will react when their DJI drone (or any other comparable one) does something that it isn't supposed do and don't know how to counter act, asin fly it for real and they hope that technology will save their drone and they haven't done anything wrong... What they did wrong, is not knowing how to fly a quad.

This is how she also will crash her Mavic if if would do something like that, like loose gps...
2016-10-30
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
Canada

I dont know who she is but once again we see someone trying a new product that may have production issues in it still, flying in a small confined space and she already survived the first flight when it didn't respond and had a minor crash. Hey lets try again, these people are not good examples for any drone community but its entertaining!
2016-10-30
Use props
D&G
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

dana5 Posted at 2016-10-30 11:36
I think your claims are absurd. She is not an employee of DJI. She did get a free predeceased, bec ...

Is clapping 3 times the same as reading a manual?
Expecting a new drone to hover precisely in place because the Mavic did. Is like expecting her new car to autopilot then crashing because her old Tesla had autopilot?

Sorry that was just my first thought which might not even be a good comparison, but I am curious about the gps.  1:19: drone lifts off, looks away from drone at camera "I gotta be very careful" looks at the controller, looks at drone "OMG"

2016-10-30
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

dana5 Posted at 2016-10-30 21:36

She may have flown more drones than some here but that's not really saying much. She can only 'fly' them when they're doing all the work for her with GPS or vision positioning.  She's hardly a master of the art of acro flying, she's just a dumb trout who is incapable of controlling a stabilised quad if it loses GPS. She then blames the Karma because she's too stupid to control it.
2016-10-30
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
Canada

This guy is awesome and seems to know what he is talking about, although he does fly above cars and people it looks like.
2016-10-30
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
Canada

This guy is awesome and seems to know what he is talking about, although he does fly above cars and people it looks like.
2016-10-30
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Watty2000 Posted at 2016-10-30 13:27
She's a dumb tart who doesn't understand that GPS lock requires a clear view of the sky. Risky str ...

But still, if it had vision processing this wouldn't have happened.. She's used to flying the Phantom and the Mavic with vision processing..
2016-10-30
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

maichelvnl Posted at 2016-10-30 13:30
Also I think she works for, or is at least sponsored by DJI (didn't she give a presentation at the ...

But still shows how powerful DJI safety systems are when they are working correctly.. She's definitely a nerd that anyone in this forum would love to geek out with haha!!
2016-10-30
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

I can't get over how loud the Karma is! I wonder how loud it is compared to the Phantom..
2016-10-30
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
Canada

Mobilcams Posted at 2016-10-31 07:12
I can't get over how loud the Karma is! I wonder how loud it is compared to the Phantom..

If you have the time, watch the first video as he does the sound difference as well as some really good tests and comparisons. I believe the Karma is 89 decibels and the Mavic is close to 83 decibels.

One thing I wasnt really interested in was the grip thing and when you see him use it, he says it isnt bad but its just ok. When I saw him with the DJI product, I was thinking man that looks so refined and I kinda want one now.
2016-10-30
Use props
MattN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104495 ft
United States

Here is another video of a go pro karma just falling out of the sky at two minutes six seconds in the video. Don't harp on IJustine because of what happened to the karma.. She's pretty good and she has DJI P3 and P4 and she can fly those no problem.
2016-10-30
Use props
Z2aSsqaTEVxn
lvl.2
United States

Watty2000 Posted at 2016-10-30 13:27

Lol on all the haters of Ijustine.  Isn't the Karma she's using a pre production model as well that GoPro sent to her to evaluate.  If so, they must have had confidence in her abilities otherwise they wouldn't have sent it to her in the first place.  With 3M subscribers, it just looks like egg on GoPro's face especially in light of other negative you tube reviews that are popping up.
2016-10-30
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136900 ft

Pello Posted at 2016-10-31 03:14
Jea i might get the Karma Grip for my Hero4 because it looks nice and works fine (and it's not a thi ...

That's exactly what I'm doing. I getting my Mavic Wednesday, I just got my new Hero 5 Black. And then when available I'll get the Karma Grip. Nice a little setup.

I think GoPro need to stick to their cameras, they should have spent much more time getting this Drone 100% right.
2016-10-30
Use props
Pello
lvl.2
Austria

Kuzz Posted at 2016-10-31 04:15
That's exactly what I'm doing. I getting my Mavic Wednesday, I just got my new Hero 5 Black. And t ...

Yes, 2 years ago the Karma Drone would have been one of the best systems but GoPro missed that opportunity. I hope they catch up with DJI in a few years in the drone market or decide to stick with the cam only.
2016-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules