Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mavic Pro washed out/blurry right side?
38040 212 2016-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfed420e7
New
Belgium

2017-3-28
Use props
mildim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 981558 ft
Switzerland

fansfed420e7 Posted at 2017-3-28 12:31
http://www.eyecone.com/images/DJI.JPG[/img]

Did you contact support yet ?

I have dropped them an email a couple of days ago but did not hear from them.
2017-3-28
Use props
Eyecone
New
Netherlands

@mildim No, I was looking for the right/best procedure on the website.
2017-3-28
Use props
mildim
lvl.2
Switzerland

Eyecone Posted at 2017-3-28 23:05
@mildim No, I was looking for the right/best procedure on the website.

I would try contacting them through their website

http://www.dji.com/support/product/mavic
2017-3-28
Use props
Eyecone
New
Netherlands

I have also just drop an email to the support, I will keep you in touch about the reaction.
Let's cross fingers
2017-3-29
Use props
mildim
lvl.2
Switzerland

Eyecone Posted at 2017-3-29 02:35
I have also just drop an email to the support, I will keep you in touch about the reaction.
Let's cross fingers

Fingers crossed , i am waiting for an answer too
2017-3-29
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

I sent mine yesterday and i'm already missing it
2017-3-29
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Sweden

Acidsnow Posted at 2017-3-10 06:43
seems like quite a high number are effected . . . tons of people don't even realise they have the issue, I started messaging people who uploaded onto youtube, pointing out the blurriness, several noticed but didn't think too much of it, most didn't notice till I pointed it out . . . . I'm guessing 7 out of 10 mavic owners who uploaded on youtube are effected . . . I'm shocked and saddened, I sent my mavic back for refund, and now as much as I love it, I'm hesitant ordering another one until DJI makes some kind of public acknowledgement of the issue at hand . . .

I hope that this figure is not true, I can't imagine what would happen then if people start returning them. That would create a lot of lead time and of course a lot of costs. From the videos I watched there is a lot of good examples that shows that the majority of the Mavic owner have good ones.
2017-3-29
Use props
mildim
lvl.2
Switzerland

Flybee Posted at 2017-3-29 05:29
I hope that this figure is not true, I can't imagine what would happen then if people start returning them. That would create a lot of lead time and of course a lot of costs. From the videos I watched there is a lot of good examples that shows that the majority of the Mavic owner have good ones.

Unfortunately  there is a considerable amount of people who have this issue.
2017-3-29
Use props
freelook
lvl.1
Flight distance : 239862 ft
Russia

hi all, seems I have the same issue on my mavic, is there any the solution if I located in Russia?
2017-4-1
Use props
mildim
lvl.2
Switzerland

freelook Posted at 2017-4-1 01:44
hi all, seems I have the same issue on my mavic, is there any the solution if I located in Russia?

Did you contact DJI Support ?
2017-4-1
Use props
dzigakaiser
lvl.1
Germany

geofox784 Posted at 2017-3-24 06:55
When you were not flying it and took the clear pictures how far were the objects?

You'se may be a different problem than the optical problem most are having. The optical problem results in pictures that are not clear on the extremes of the frame and repeatable, not the center.

Sorry for the late reply. It has been a busy week. Your question about the distance made me want to try one more tripod test from the balcony with further object as the first test was just in my room. This made me realize that it might actually be a hardware fault after all. You can see how the distant objects on the left are completely out of focus while objects in the center which are actually further away are much sharper. I did a center focus on the tree in the photo below.

Small annotation to the above photo:

Below I focused on the edge of the building on the left. What this shows basically, the left gets a bit sharper BUT towards the right it is exactly what I experienced with my previous flights. We see isolated blurry spots on the right third and then it gets tiny bit sharper at the far right edge again. Admittedly, I got to say this is beyond my understanding of lenses.

Annotation to the above photo:

Am I misunderstanding basic concepts of DOF of those micro sensors and lenses or is this behaving out of order? I am gonna check if I can still get a refund since I bought it on Amazon there might be a chance. I wanted the drone for Iceland but I rather get a new camera body and shoot from the ground than going through drone footage just to be disappointed afterwards :/
2017-4-2
Use props
Drab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46946 ft
Russia

freelook Posted at 2017-4-1 01:44

Hi.
I send my Mavic to DJI in Germany in repair service. (Send 18 March - delivered 29 March. unpack  - 03 April)......
This is most right method to fix it.
But for Russian - shipping pay by yourself. (2200 Rub. from Moscow to Germany by EMS Express)
2017-4-3
Use props
freelook
lvl.1
Russia

Drab Posted at 2017-4-3 05:31
Hi.
I send my Mavic to DJI in Germany in repair service. (Send 18 March - delivered 29 March. unpack  - 03 April)......
This is most right method to fix it.

thank you!
2017-4-3
Use props
Shamus
lvl.1
United States

I don't know how you guys that got DJI to admit this is a warranty issue did it. They are making me pay to get it fixed.
Image from first flight.
2017-4-3
Use props
dzigakaiser
lvl.1
Germany

Shamus Posted at 2017-4-3 14:55
I don't know how you guys that got DJI to admit this is a warranty issue did it. They are making me pay to get it fixed.
Image from first flight.

Oh man, I am sorry to hear this. I just wrote an email to the support asking for help since I cannot return my drone unfortunately...I am pretty curious and a little afraid how they ll respond.
I went out today to take more pictures and I gotta say it is just frustrating to come back to find that none of the photos are blur free. Also my video today shows blur on almost the whole left third, no matter how far or close the objects :/
2017-4-6
Use props
fans3569d414
New

United States

I have this problem with my Mavic.    Have contacted support and they have not even replied.  This is not cool.  It's not like this is a cheap toy - it's $1k.   I've had GREAT luck with DJI products up until now - and the Mavic is a remarkable platform apart from this problem.   Sometimes it's barely noticable - sometimes is dreadful like the attached.
DJI_0290.jpg
2017-4-11
Use props
ffaxdavid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 840433 ft
United Kingdom

spongedid Posted at 2016-11-9 16:47
I fully disagree.
All the DNG images I saw from the prototypes were perfect, in terms of homogeneity.
Means, it's not a design flaw in the lens, it's a control quality issue in production, in the lens or sensor alignment.

after i had it a few weeks and realised how to shoot in 4k (lol) i too noticed significant blurring on right side,cars on far left look sharp,but on right side very blurry and indistinct....luckily i bought from shop i work at so am exchanging it for new one...hopefuly one without the burring issue....will let know if same problem with the new one when arrives
2017-4-15
Use props
parjanya_holtz
New

Austria

Guys, could this be the solution to the problem? I have my sharpness settings at -3, so this could totally be it. What settings are you on?
2017-4-18
Use props
Joshi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112 ft
Germany

I have had the same issues with my Mavic lens: It was almost the whole left side from bottom up blurry.

Had bought it from amazon, so sending back was no problem (supplemented with description and an example photo).

They send me a second one that have a nearly perfect image (for this lens / sensor size).

@parjanya_holtz: I think this doesn't help because some areas of the faulty lenses are very sharp – so it might be an hardware issue.
2017-4-19
Use props
Drab
lvl.1
Russia

ffaxdavid Posted at 2017-4-15 23:41
after i had it a few weeks and realised how to shoot in 4k (lol) i too noticed significant blurring on right side,cars on far left look sharp,but on right side very blurry and indistinct....luckily i bought from shop i work at so am exchanging it for new one...hopefuly one without the burring issue....will let know if same problem with the new one when arrives

I have the same problem with camera. After changing camera module with issue is gone.
DJI Support wrote:
"Dear Sir,
the camera had a product fault, the Picture was blurry.
We had to replace the camera/Gimbal.
It was a warranty case."

Have a good luck to everyone with this problem!
2017-4-21
Use props
freelook
lvl.1
Russia

Drab Posted at 2017-4-21 01:46
I have the same problem with camera. After changing camera module with issue is gone.
DJI Support wrote:
"Dear Sir,

hello again! what email did you use to contact them? thank you
2017-4-21
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

Recently got my replacement back. Looks like a brand new model (new S/N and stickers). However, it has a clear focus problem as well. This time on the right side and worse. I was grounded for 3 weeks while I waited for the last one and it looks like I will have to send this one back as well.
2017-4-21
Use props
Peter7364
lvl.1
Poland

Interesting thing
I wouldn't noticed my blurred video if I haven't done calibration. Then it occurred in left top corner ( worst location). I investigated the proble and saw on my old videos blurred right bottom corner.
It seems that gimbal calibration changes location of blurred spot. Maybe after few calibration I could achieve perfect image.
First i had bottom right corner blurred,
after calibration top left
after second calibration once again bottom right corner.
Anyone know what this is about?
2017-4-25
Use props
Drab
lvl.1
Russia

Got my replacement back from DJI.
Drone is my old, but camera is replacement new.
Problem with blurry right corner fixed!
2017-4-26
Use props
FI. Stanley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 148556 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Do u using ND filters. Then you need sharpness set at +0 or +1 if not much light come in the sensor can be look mushy. I didn't notices anything about my Mavic it whole frame crispy. I heard by some of the mavic have that issue left or right blur or both side. U could do hard reset back to factory reset then imu calibration after that gimbal calibration last camera reset.!
2017-4-26
Use props
dzigakaiser
lvl.1
Germany

Drab Posted at 2017-4-26 04:20
Got my replacement back from DJI.
Drone is my old, but camera is replacement new.
Problem with blurry right corner fixed!

It's always nice to hear some good news! My drone is in damage assessment since 20th April (supposedly taking only 1-2 days). I hope I will get some info soon.
2017-4-28
Use props
fansd96d1ca4
New
Flight distance : 2280 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Returned mine to the vendor today after a month of deciding if I could live with a slightly blurry right hand side. Decided I couldn't so am now just waiting for a replacement. A friend of mine had exactly the same issue so this seems pretty widespread even now !
2017-5-7
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Germany

Got mine back (i.e. a replacement will give the full story in an other thread) a couple of days ago have't been able to test it to much but the strange and good thing is that the footage looks super and there is only a tiny little piece of the photo that you can see a problem with. I will do more testing though and see if I can figure it out.
2017-5-7
Use props
VictorMike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2616266 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can someone figure out what this is? I've had my Mavic for 2 days and finally got out to try it but noticed this half halo thing. I thought it was glare off the gimble cover but turns out it was still there. Just to make a point I turned away from the sun and again, it's still there. The snapshot attached is without the gimble cover. Seems defective to me, I plan on sending it back and just reordering.
Mavic Defect.jpg
2017-5-7
Use props
Peter7364
lvl.1
Poland

Hi
Finally I managed to replace my drone to the new one. It is far better, so do not hesitate and replace it.
I was also thinking i could live with that, but not for this money.
2017-5-10
Use props
Johnny Hauan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1480 ft
Norway

Can anyone see if i have the same issue? One guy point it out in my video but i honestly cant see it. Really tried hard looking at it in 4K as well but all im seeing is the compression and low bitrate of youtube. If i have this issue now im dead, im travelling to the Philippines in 3 weeks.... i cant be having a bad Mavic haha. But i honestly dont think i have? Im using +1 Sharpness as well here.

Here is also a still photo i have taken with the Mavic as well. I still cant see any blur.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRx4qr-BdjU

2017-5-10
Use props
dzigakaiser
lvl.1
Germany

Johnny Hauan Posted at 2017-5-10 23:23
Can anyone see if i have the same issue? One guy point it out in my video but i honestly cant see it. Really tried hard looking at it in 4K as well but all im seeing is the compression and low bitrate of youtube. If i have this issue now im dead, im travelling to the Philippines in 3 weeks.... i cant be having a bad Mavic haha. But i honestly dont think i have? Im using +1 Sharpness as well here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Udo8VGYSoY

Hi Johnny,

if you look at 1:36min onwards for example, take a look at the water surface from left to right. You can see a clear sharpness loss towards the right quarter. I got mine back from the repair, they replaced the drone completely, without any information about this issue. The new drone seems to be much better but I only got one test shoot yet (without wind). So, I will see how it performs in slightly more challenging circumstances.
I was in a similar situation as you are now, though I had almost 2 months buffer before my trip when I decided to send it to DJI. It took them roughly 3 weeks till I had it back here. If I was you I'd probably not risk not having any drone during the trip. When you don't really see too much of the issue anyways then you should still be as happy with your footage as you were till now ;) Maybe after the trip there is still the possibility to send it in for repair to have a fully functional Mavic for the future.
2017-5-15
Use props
fans1a64029e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 799944 ft
Bulgaria

Had the same issue on my first Mavic. The odd thing is on the first few flights it was OK. Then heavy blur on the right. Dealer exchanged it for a second unit which was better but still had the right sight blur, this time straight out of the box. Contacted dealer again and was exchanged for a third unit They even said they we can unbox it at the shop, test and replace again if needed. Luckily the third unit was brilliant camera-wise and is very sharp across all the frame. Sadly I cannot fly relaxed due to constant DJI GO4 crashes on my LG V20, but its another thing... That's how it is with DJI..
2017-5-15
Use props
The Droninator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5538 ft
Germany

fans1a64029e Posted at 2017-5-15 15:23
Had the same issue on my first Mavic. The odd thing is on the first few flights it was OK. Then heavy blur on the right. Dealer exchanged it for a second unit which was better but still had the right sight blur, this time straight out of the box. Contacted dealer again and was exchanged for a third unit  They even said they we can unbox it at the shop, test and replace again if needed. Luckily the third unit was brilliant camera-wise and is very sharp across all the frame. Sadly I cannot fly relaxed due to constant DJI GO4 crashes on my LG V20, but its another thing... That's how it is with DJI..

LOL exactly the same here! I´m close to give back my 3. Mavic too!
As I see that problem exists from the 1. Mavics in October 2016,
my Mavics were produced  March 2017 so I guess DJI will never fix this issue!??

Also my GO4 App (Android 7.0) is crashing every flight...

What about DJI?
Are they reading the stuff here??
Looks like the don´t care about thier customers who spend lots of money in those "premium drones"

2017-5-19
Use props
fans145eda3d
lvl.1
Finland

The Droninator Posted at 2017-5-19 13:01
LOL exactly the same here! I´m close to give back my 3. Mavic too!
As I see that problem exists from the 1. Mavics in October 2016,
my Mavics were produced  March 2017 so I guess DJI will never fix this issue!??

I have also this same blurry right side issue. I sent my Mavic to DJI for repair and I got it back after tree weeks. Image is still similar blurry than before repair operation. I'm new DJI customer and I'm very confused that is this really DJI quality and service?

I asked from customer service that what have you done for this common blurry image issue. Answer was that this is the first issue. Really?
2017-5-25
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-6-8
Use props
Bowers
New
Flight distance : 53320 ft
Norway

VictorMike Posted at 2017-5-7 18:38
Can someone figure out what this is? I've had my Mavic for 2 days and finally got out to try it but noticed this half halo thing. I thought it was glare off the gimble cover but turns out it was still there. Just to make a point I turned away from the sun and again, it's still there. The snapshot attached is without the gimble cover. Seems defective to me, I plan on sending it back and just reordering.

Are you flying with the gimbal protection on?  I've seen these artifacts when using the cover on while in sunny conditions.

2017-6-8
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-6-8
Use props
VictorMike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2616266 ft
  • >>>
United States

Konstantinos_an Posted at 2017-6-8 05:56
it is writen that he removed it...

Yeah I had it removed. I ended up returning that unit. It wasn't bought through DJI. My new one has something similar with the gimbal cover on but its cause was two different things.
2017-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules