Tahoe Ed please advise, Q's? 10/30
1491 8 2016-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
D&G
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Hi I just had a few questions about the link: http://www.wetalkuav.com/dji-mavic-delays/

Q#1 Where did this article find the information for "Why do we see so many complaints about DJI Mavic delays?"?
"The answer is very clear:
1. The DJI Mavic got many more pre-orders than any other drone to date (probably).
2. For many people, this is their first drone, and they don’t really know what’s going on in the industry."

Q#2 "What’s going on in the drone industry?" Did the Yuneec Typhoon H, H with Tealsense, GoPro Karma, and Hover Camera only give 1 or 0 updates? (I think I just got the 1 orginal order update from Adam Najberg on 10/18, 12 days ago).

Q#3 Is any of the "Why do they always delay shipping?" comments accurate or what am I gathering from the following point?
"polished," "firmware" "bug fixes"
"Also, announcing a shipping time that is earlier than they can deliver is a clever marketing trick. "

All 3 main topics lacked (is credibility the word I am looking for?)

Thanks soo much !!!
P.S. I am not bashing DJI, Mavic or the article by Tim. I am simply very interested if any of the information can be clarified from DJI's side as the link is being continually brought up.

2016-10-30
Use props
D&G
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Also not to derail my own thread, but I have observed mostly complaints on the updates (which I feel is why people do not know what is going on in the drone industry). Still looking forward to the Mavic and in queue XD
2016-10-30
Use props
D&G
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Still curious :O !!
2016-10-30
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Maybe Ed can tell why credit cards are being charged when ordering from DJI?
2016-10-31
Use props
D&G
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Anoniem Posted at 2016-10-30 23:14
Maybe Ed can tell why credit cards are being charged when ordering from DJI?

I believe Ed and a few other DJI reps have answered that in a few places.
DJI takes full payment for preorders. Not super common in the US but China yes?

Customer support I believe could also answer that.
2016-10-31
Use props
5W1qoIwaf3En
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272953 ft
United States

When I ordered via Best Buy on Sept 28th, they took the payment immediately too probably because I paid using PayPal. I don't care if they charge me on pre-order right away, it's not like you are looking at a year or two for delivery. It's only matter of weeks.
2016-10-31
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

That article was not helpful at all.

More pre-orders than expected? DJI only expected a few hundred pre-orders for a product that one-ups their other consumer grade drones with a smaller form factor and lower price point going into the holiday season? Were there only a few hundred pre-orders for the P4?

Other companies failing in this same way is something to bring up? 'Well, these guys do it too'. Do they also take your money up front and provide no actual detail on when you can expect the product that was supposed to already be on your doorstep based on the info being marketed during order placement? Do they still sell items as pre-orders instead of backorders even after they have released a batch to consumers and retailers? Perhaps the answer is yes, I don't know - I haven't seen that behavior, but it doesn't make it any more acceptable.

Polishing the rough edges up? Why is the first small batch that shipped arriving with failed gimbals, scratches lenses, failed RTH's, sticky controllers, screws rolling around loosely in the body, etc?

If you have been in on this from the beginning of this, even if you are a company fanboy, about all you can do is sit in your chair and shake your head with how this has unfolded.

2016-10-31
Use props
aaronspence
lvl.2

United Kingdom

5W1qoIwaf3En Posted at 2016-10-31 13:27
When I ordered via Best Buy on Sept 28th, they took the payment immediately too probably because I p ...

It'll be MONTHS plural in a couple weeks.
2016-10-31
Use props
D&G
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

st pauli Posted at 2016-10-31 06:20
That article was not helpful at all.

More pre-orders than expected? DJI only expected a few hundred ...

Yes the article was missing something.. and if the link being posted around to say it is normal and other launches may be delayed, I do not feel that is the message customers want.

Maybe DJI is just rolling Mavic out slowly trying to be careful, since some of the 1st batch of Mavic Pros have issues. Noone wants all of their product batteries blowing up in the sky !!

Still hoping Tahoe Ed can take a look at the top 3 Questions !! : )))))
2016-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules