More issues...am I doing something wrong?
2478 16 2016-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eazy123
lvl.2
  • >>>

First off, I went through 3 batteries today so I did quite a bit of flying - testing out the modes etc.  Overall I was very pleased! However, there were some issues I noticed once I got home. Maybe this is all user error, I don't know. Hopefully someone has some insight.

First off, I had the complaint that I tried tripod mode indoors, and crashed when it wouldn't work.  Well, someone here said that the Mavic has to be in "Opti" mode.  Well, depending on where I put the Mavic for takeoff, it only goes into Opti mode in specific areas.  Usually it stays in Atti mode, which is no good.  What determines what mode it's in if there's no GPS?  

Second, tonight I couldn't even FIND tripod mode!  I found a new, second page of modes like "Follow me" and waypoints, but no tripod mode anymore?!  I know it was right there...EDIT:  Now it's back.  What the heck is going on here?!

Third, I filmed this afternoon, 1080P at 30fps.  Got home and the videos I took played back at 2x speed no matter what I played them back in.  So the video I took is not usable.  I just tried again 10 minutes ago and everything I filmed was at normal speed.  What gives?

Thanks to anyone who has some insight on this.  The manual isn't explaining these things very well.

2016-10-30
Use props
MattN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104495 ft
United States

If you're doing tripod indoors or with no GPS the VPS system has to be on, bottom sensors that's how it knows to stay still..Here's a video I found for you to watch..

2016-10-30
Use props
Eazy123
lvl.2
  • >>>

MattN Posted at 2016-10-31 08:10
If you're doing tripod indoors or with no GPS the VPS system has to be on, bottom sensors that's how ...

Right, but it jumps between Atti mode and Opti mode, depending on my position indoors.  This isn't good because Tripod mode (which now comes up again, not sure why it went missing in the first place) only works in GPS or Opti mode.  If I take off while it's in Atti mode, even the air from my AC can blow it into a wall.  

Even just now it was jumping between Atti and Opti and just when I was about to take off it flipped to Atti again which would have been a disaster indoors.  Not sure if what I'm saying makes sense.

Thanks for the video.  I get what he's saying, but it shouldn't jump between modes like that.  If someone is trying to take off indoors and it jumps at the last second that could be bad. I also don't understand how he could enable tripod mode since you have to take off to even use it, otherwise it won't turn on.
2016-10-30
Use props
MattN
lvl.2
United States

Unfortunately haven't gotten my Mavic yet,  I'm waiting for it to ship.. But I don't believe ATTI mode works with tripod for sure. Something else must be going on. Try replying to one of the DJI Ken's other posts so he sees this and see what he says.. He's definitely the man that would have an idea of what's going on.
2016-10-30
Use props
qMvQTfjUrm4z
lvl.4

United States

The only thing that cones to my mind is that the manual mentions needing adequate lighting.  Was it bright enough indoors?
2016-10-30
Use props
MattN
lvl.2
United States

That is a very good point! None of the visual sensors work in low light, granted two of the DVP sensors are sonar to detect altitude, so light shouldn't matter for those. But the two down facing cameras would need sufficient light to see definition in the ground to stay still..
2016-10-30
Use props
Eazy123
lvl.2
  • >>>

qMvQTfjUrm4z Posted at 2016-10-31 08:25
The only thing that cones to my mind is that the manual mentions needing adequate lighting.  Was it  ...

I think that was the issue.  I figured it used the forward AND downward sensors for positioning but I guess not.  You'd think they'd have an LED on the bottom of the thing to light the floor.  

OK, so tripod mode issues were my fault (aside from tripod mode completely disappearing from the Go app earlier...wth?).  anyone have any insight on how all of my footage this afternoon wound up recording at 2x speed?  That one was a bummer.  I had half an hour of footage that was junked.
2016-10-30
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Eazy123 Posted at 2016-10-31 00:31
I think that was the issue.  I figured it used the forward AND downward sensors for positioning but ...

It would t record at 2x speed it will be your computer

What are you playing it back on ?

PC or mac ?

What software.
2016-10-30
Use props
Eazy123
lvl.2
  • >>>

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2016-10-31 08:36
It would t record at 2x speed it will be your computer

What are you playing it back on ?

I played it back in Windows Media and VLC.  Going to try now in Premiere.  It's weird because I filmed more footage less than half an hour ago just to test and it recorded at normal speed when I reviewed it on my PC.  The other footage still plays fast.

EDIT:  Yep, fast in Premiere as well.
2016-10-30
Use props
incogneito
lvl.2

United States

Tripod mode works for me indoors as well as outdoors in a wide open field with 17 satellites, as it is intended. No crashes and no problems at all, no matter what, GPS or non GPS mode it was is. I shut off the front positioning sensors, left the bottom VPS sensors on, and all was good. It even shows a message before you turn off either sensor. Read it instead of just clicking "OK". I don't know if that is what happened with you, but tripod works perfectly fine for me with full GPS lock, and no GPS lock as well. It also wwitched to Non GPS to Safe to fly GPS while in the air, in tripod mode. Still had no problems. That is by my stove, which is metal, and refridgerator, which is metal as well in a rather small area.
2016-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Eazy123 Posted at 2016-10-31 08:39
I played it back in Windows Media and VLC.  Going to try now in Premiere.  It's weird because I fil ...

Could you please upload the original video file to dropbox and send me the link?
I'll help to check it.
2016-10-30
Use props
Eazy123
lvl.2
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-31 11:30
Could you please upload the original video file to dropbox and send me the link?
I'll help to chec ...

Thanks Mindy.  There were multiple files but the smallest is 1.5 gig (I deleted the others anyway) so I have to free up some space on my Dropbox and then I'll PM you the link.
2016-10-30
Use props
Eazy123
lvl.2
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-31 11:30
I'll help to chec ...

It appears I can't PM you so here is the link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20962583/DJI_0030.MP4
2016-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Eazy123 Posted at 2016-10-31 12:07
It appears I can't PM you so here is the link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20962583/DJI_00 ...

Sorry your link is not available.
Could you please double check the link?
2016-10-30
Use props
Eazy123
lvl.2
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-31 14:27
Sorry your link is not available.
Could you please double check the link?

Sorry, it may have still been uploading.  It works now!
2016-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Eazy123 Posted at 2016-10-31 22:07
Sorry, it may have still been uploading.  It works now!

There's no download option in your link.
Could you please double check the dropbox link?
I need to download your original video file.
2016-10-31
Use props
Eazy123
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-1 11:45
There's no download option in your link.
Could you please double check the dropbox link?
I need to ...

You can right click and save as - I've also uploaded it here:

https://we.tl/z8crWZWxM8
2016-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules