Amazon Canceling Pre-oders on Nov 3 May preceed DJI Store Sales
2836 25 2016-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gmf350
lvl.2
United States

Those who ordered directly through DJI EXPECT possible big DELAYS as it seems Amazon will start canceling pre-orders on Nov 3rd. Amazon has seemed to press DJI and there are now  letters from DJI to those facing cancelationtwhere DJI is going to ship by Nov. third, this means that amazon orders will supercede the DJI store ship schedule.

This is all happening because Amazon has a policy to cancel all orders not shipped by a certain time.

I can see this really delaying DJI store orders.

2016-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ok this is your second posting of this, can you tell me where this information is coming from, is it first hand or just something floating around, is it Amazon US or Amazon UK...
2016-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Alright got your reply, it's speculation on your part, anyone planning jumping of a building not just yet..
2016-10-29
Use props
gmf350
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-29 14:00
Alright got your reply, it's speculation on your part, anyone planning jumping of a building not jus ...

Only that DJI direct sales delayed is speculation. DJI moving Amazon Sales up is Documented in letters from DJI to avoid Amazon cancelations. It is only logical since they are moving Amazon orders up that they will have to push everyone else to the back.

DJI cannot afford to piss off Amazon. Note this does not include Dealers on Amazon only the official Amazon DJI store
Here is letter from DJI

"

Thank you for contacting DJI Store.
We are sorry for the inconvenience and made you confused. Please kindly accept our sincere apology.
The notification you received was sent by Amazon. It is the system mail.
However, don't worry, we will send the order out within Thu, Nov 3, 2016 to avoid cancellation.

We will try our best to ship the order out as soon as possible and will let you know the tracking number.
After shipped it out, it will take about 3 to 5 days for you to get the package. Thank you for your kindly patience.

If there is anything we can assist you, please feel free to let us know.
Wishing you a wonderful day!
Best regards,
Stefa
DJI Official Store"
2016-10-29
Use props
z7BdJFqOQUAg
lvl.2

from now on I will start calling hallmark007  to hallmark-DJI
2016-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

z7BdJFqOQUAg Posted at 2016-10-29 22:22
from now on I will start calling hallmark007  to hallmark-DJI

Always trying to be helpful , always trying to make positive comments , maybe you might be better taking time out to think of a name for yourself, oh sorry judging by you comments on this forum , you will need help.
Pea Brain , how about that think it suits.
2016-10-29
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

From Amazon.ca if you order today they will ship Dec. 1 2016. I ordered from DJI on Oct. 17th I do hope we will all get our older orders sent before Amazon gets it's next batch of Mavics to ship out. I think I remember when I ordered from DJI on the 17th of Oct. that Amazon was shipping on Nov. 4th 2016. I'm not sure if they had sent any earlier Mavics from earlier orders. DJI posted their shipping time to be within November. At that time they knew exactly how many orders they had and they know exactly how many orders they have to date. If this within November shipping statement was misleading or not only time will tell if they ship us our DJI preordered Mavics.
Remember all through October DJI knew exactly how many orders they had and how many they could ship by the order dates. They are now stating that new Mavic orders will ship in December.
DJI cannot hide behind the statement that they are overwhelmed by orders because they know exactly how many orders they have up to the minute. Time will tell if their sales department is totally dishonest and they tell us what we want to hear so we will order through them, or that they are honest and we will all have our orders sent out in November and the initial amount of orders in September really did take them by surprise.
I do know for sure that Amazon.ca will ship another batch of Mavic Pros's on Dec 1st if you order today and probably for the next week or even 2 weeks or more depending on the amount of orders they get before December 1st.

Is DJI or are they honest
2016-10-29
Use props
ginecoweb
New

Venezuela

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-29 16:54
Ok this is your second posting of this, can you tell me where this information is coming from, is it ...

Absolutely True:
I just wrote the Seller and Amazon to stop the cancellation. I am not pretty sure it is possible, Amazon is quite stubborn and I do not want to loose my place on the line.

The following order(s) placed on 9/29/2016 with *******, will be canceled if the order is not ship-confirmed by 11/5/2016.

ORDER DETAILS

Order ID:      104-7050066-*********
Merchant name: *****
Item(s) to ship:
Name: DJI Mavic Pro Collapsible Quadcopter Advanced Bundle: Includes Spare Battery, SanDisk 64GB MicroSD Card, eDigitalUSA Cleaning Kit & eDigitalUSA Microf
Qty:  1      ASIN/ISBN: B01LWPGYUI
2016-10-30
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

Amazon cancelling orders if they don't meet 'Ship By'

So now I'm facing down the barrel of not getting a Mavic for months.   I just got an email notifying me that my Mavic order will be cancelled if not confirm shipped by November 4th through Drone World.   That will effectively put me back at the BACK of the line even though I ordered on September 28th.

I don't even know what to say or do.    Is there any way to keep Amazon from cancelling this?
2016-10-30
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

contact amazon costomer support and tell them not to do that
1 (888) 280-4331
2016-10-30
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
United States

Yeah.... so I called them.  (thanks for the number).     

Basically Amazon.com said they sent an email to the vendor saying they need to ship by the 4th or it's cancelled.   It's the way Amazon's system works.   Something about how they authorize the card and it releases after a certain amount of time and the order is cancelled.

He said 'don't worry though -- the price hasn't changed so you can just reorder!'.   I couldn't get through to him that it would cause me to go to the back of the waiting line.   

I'm screwed as of Nov 4th.   
2016-10-30
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
United States

I guess I'll call Drone World tomorrow.   I have no idea if they can do anything for me since I purchased through Amazon.   All I want to do is to keep my place in line.   
2016-10-30
Use props
fansf906a12b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406585 ft
United States

I've heard what a lot of them are doing with amazon is asking for you to cancel and reorder. They get a huge strike against their amazon account if they don't deliver within the specified date range. I think Newegg has seemed the best company to order with. Maybe they got few orders for what they received.
2016-10-30
Use props
RAVEN7
lvl.2
United States

msduncanrolltid Posted at 2016-10-30 20:19
I guess I'll call Drone World tomorrow.   I have no idea if they can do anything for me since I purc ...

Man, if your order gets cancelled I would be so damn pissed. Hopefully you get this resolved. I ordered direct from DJI. Keep us posted and hopefully you get this fixed and keep your place in line.
2016-10-30
Use props
Revs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73514 ft
United Kingdom

Guys there's already a thread about this.. http://forum.dji.com/thread-69357-1-2.html ;)

Sounds like your orders will be fulfilled before the deadline!
2016-10-31
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
United States

ginecoweb Posted at 2016-10-30 07:27
Absolutely True:
I just wrote the Seller and Amazon to stop the cancellation. I am not pretty sure  ...

I am in the same boat ginecoweb.   I ordered from Amazon through Drone World and my order will be cancelled on Nov 4th if they don't ship it.   Back to the end of the mid December waiting list we go ginecoweb.
2016-10-31
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-29 16:00
Alright got your reply, it's speculation on your part, anyone planning jumping of a building not jus ...

I received the same email from Amazon over the weekend.    They are auto-cancelling orders through Amazon's system if the reseller doesn't ship by a certain date.
**edit:   I see now that you were saying he's speculating that it will delay direct ship ordres.   My guess is that DJI won't do anything about this and the orders will be cancelled.   Those of us in this boat are desperately trying to get Amazon NOT to cancel them.
2016-10-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

msduncanrolltid Posted at 2016-10-31 11:37
I received the same email from Amazon over the weekend.    They are auto-cancelling orders through  ...

Sorry to hear that, hopefully situation improves..
2016-10-31
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
United States

Revs Posted at 2016-10-31 04:12
Guys there's already a thread about this.. http://forum.dji.com/thread-69357-1-2.html ;)

Sounds lik ...

I don't see where our drone orders will be fulfilled.    Drone World is waiting on their shipment.   When DJI doesn't deliver, Amazon will cancel the order.   I'm caught in a loophole that is going to shove me to the back of a 2 month waiting list.    This release is a cluster.
2016-10-31
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft

I haven't ordered from drone world myself, whoever they are. Ordered directly through Amazon UK, so they're completely in charge of dispatching the order so it's arriving on time on the 4th.
2016-10-31
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
United States

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-10-31 08:40
I haven't ordered from drone world myself, whoever they are. Ordered directly through Amazon UK, so  ...

Quit trolling my thread with this nonsense.  
2016-10-31
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

Actually, there are few users from MavicPilots forum saying they received shipping update and with or without tracking number with their orders from DJI Amazon store.
In fact, it's Amazon policy to cancel those orders are not fulfilled for 30 days.
2016-11-2
Use props
GromitVT10
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9859 ft
United States

So, any news?  Did Amazon cnx any orders?
2016-11-5
Use props
enc3phalon
lvl.2
United Kingdom

GromitVT10 Posted at 2016-11-5 13:39
So, any news?  Did Amazon cnx any orders?

I did order my drone with amazon uk. Initially i was told it would be delivered by the 4th Nov. Around a week ago they sent an email saying that the delivery has been delayed to the 16th. A couple of days ago they sent another email where they said they could not give a definite date for delivery. In the final email they were very apologetic and said that they would inform me of a delivery date as soon as it is feasible on their part. They also mentioned that I would not be charged until dispatch and if the order won't arrive within the time I need it, I could cancel the order anytime by going into my account orders page. In the three emails that I have received, they have not said anything about cancelling the order on their part if the delay is more than a certain number of days. They only said that I could cancel the order at any time if I change my mind about buying the drone.
2016-11-5
Use props
CaptainET
lvl.2
United States

I pre-ordered with Amazon on sept 28th, order was auto cancelled on nov 4th.  I contacted retail store directly asking if I could keep my place in line and order directly from them. On Nov 7th I got email from retailer that a shipment came in and to go to their online store and place order. I did and I now have a tracking number and mavic is being delivered Nov 9th.
2016-11-8
Use props
Teamrealtree5
lvl.2

CaptainET Posted at 2016-11-8 23:17
I pre-ordered with Amazon on sept 28th, order was auto cancelled on nov 4th.  I contacted retail sto ...

Proof or it didn't happen
2016-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules