Australian Release 21st November?
1073 9 2016-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Orcustus
lvl.1

Australia

In light of BestBuy delaying the release date till 30 November in the states, I now wonder how realistic is JB Hi-Fi's 21st November release date.

JB Hi-Fi has only recently added a release date for Mavic's pre-order this week, so I don't think they are pulling this date out of thin air - they must've received some confirmation from DJI.

One possible explanation for the discrepancies in delivery date is that DJI shipped the products by container and each country would receive / clear these shipments in their own timeframe.

What do you think?

2016-10-30
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

Well I just spoke to them, they said is not a confirmed date. Its their best guess, as you know they got the same response as everyone.
"They have not confirm the availability of the product and its just a temporary date"
2016-10-30
Use props
sshorty
lvl.2

Australia

I did notice the dates on Jb's website last week to be 11/11/2016 (from memory) then a couple of days later it went to 21/11/2016.
I believe that you have to pay in full to have it pre-ordered. I have a pre-order elsewhere, they are suppose to be getting stock this week, however it is extremely limited, and won't include mine.
I am starting to worry that I wont even receive it in November - that means a 2month wait..starting to wish that I had pre-ordered through DJI as I believe some on here have been quoted delivery for Wednesday..
Such poor service from DJI!
2016-10-30
Use props
Orcustus
lvl.1

Australia

stratosHD Posted at 2016-10-31 10:31
Well I just spoke to them, they said is not a confirmed date. Its their best guess, as you know they ...

Good info. Hopefully they can deliver within November. I knew it was too good to receive a new product in Australia ahead of the U.S.
2016-10-30
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

Orcustus Posted at 2016-10-31 15:52
Good info. Hopefully they can deliver within November. I knew it was too good to receive a new pro ...

I just came back from the store, they told me they dont have a clue when the stock will arrive. I tried to place a pre order in the store and they told me to hold for next week as they dont even know if they will even got the product :/

Ive never heard this from JB hi fi, I mean you could actually pre order anything but in this case they want to even prevent the pre orders, weird.
2016-10-30
Use props
Orcustus
lvl.1

Australia

sshorty Posted at 2016-10-31 11:20
I did notice the dates on Jb's website last week to be 11/11/2016 (from memory) then a couple of day ...

I saw someone mentioned that a firearm shop offered Mavic for pre-order for $150 cheaper...

I ordered mine from JB thinking bigger retailer might have a better chance at getting them earlier and the staff told me that pre-orders are usually available for pick up before stock goes on shelves (I'm gullible).

I guess we will be the first to test how Mavic performs in extreme heat then.
2016-10-30
Use props
Orcustus
lvl.1

Australia

stratosHD Posted at 2016-10-31 12:57
I just came back from the store, they told me they dont have a clue when the stock will arrive. I  ...

Wow this is interesting...I ordered mine in Melbourne and the sales rep didn't mention anything.

I didn't want to order on-line as I prefer picking up from the store which isn't an option on their website.

I will need to visit the store again to get some clarification on this.

On the other hand, Apple website says 6-7 week shipping. Rise Above takes $100 deposit for pre-order.
2016-10-30
Use props
flyingbuying
lvl.1

Australia

Apple Aus has changed their date of availability to the 21st of December so Im pretty sure you can rule out getting it at any retailer before then... DJI has taken us on a joy ride with no information, its an absolute disgrace. Honesty is the best policy DJI
2016-10-30
Use props
CanYouEvenPhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17943 ft
Australia

My fly more combo will be arriving Friday, shipped Saturday!
Order Time:        2016-09-29 16:31:56 (UTC)

(My condolences to everyone who ordered earlier than I  )
(Also I'm in Australia)
2016-10-31
Use props
leostark
lvl.2

Australia

it's highly unlikely that JBHiFi will get them before Apple, but one can hope JBHiFi has some 15% off sale this week so an ideal time to order if they deliver
2016-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules