What video transmitter setup do you guys recommend?
2095 3 2015-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ouzedh.gmail
lvl.1
United States

Hello all - I was planning on adding FPV to my my Phantom 2 / Zenmuse / Gopro 3+. I wish I had gotten a P2V, but I guess I'm going to double down.

I've been doing some research and am wondering - what is the best video transmitter to use with this kind of setup? I am mostly looking at the ImmersionRC 600mw vs the DJI AVL58 vs the DJI AVL58 Lite - I know plenty of stuff about the first two, but haven't seen a lot of discussion about the AVL58 Lite (it seems maybe sort of new?).

I'm planning on sending it to a Flysight Black Pearl.

2015-2-5
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Maybe that is a clue!  I looked at the AVL 58 as well -- briefly.  I found it kinda odd that DJI doesn't seem to acknowledge the AVL58 anymore.  There is no information on the support page or the wiki.   

There are a lot of people on the forum with GoPro Immersion / Flysight / Fatshark experience.  That's why I ended up getting an Immersion RC 600 and Fatshark Dominator 2 goggles.  (and I already had a GoPro)
2015-2-6
Use props
ouzedh.gmail
lvl.1
United States

How do you like the ImmersionRC? Was it easy to hook up - any soldering? I can solder but am not super great at it so would prefer to avoid it if possible.
2015-2-6
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

You can buy a plug-n-play cable for your immerionRC. Just remember there is one for also connecting an iOSD mini, and one without the OSD, get the correct one. It couldn't be more simple to hook it up.

plugnplay.jpg
2015-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules