Using an IPAD with the Mavric Controler . . .
1454 5 2016-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zorrr2
lvl.3
United States

I have seen that it is possible to use an IPAD MINI with the Mavric Controler. But I have a few questions. I noticed while watching the video . . that the APP gives you a small areal image of where you are and your travel and direction. How is this achieved ??   Does my IPAD need some sort of WIFI connection ?? Being out in an open area away from towns . . how will this APP get this information . . anddd . . is there a specific IPAD I need to get for this purpose . . ???

Greatly appreciate any insight into these questions . .

Thanks
2016-10-31
Use props
agzela
Ban Posts

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-31
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please enable caching maps in the background.  When you have a wifi connection, click on the map to maximize it.  Zoom in to the area you will be flying and scroll around until you cover the entire flight area.  When you get to the area the gps will identify the area and pull up the map.  
2016-10-31
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

I use the iPad Mini 2. Everything your taking about is displayed by the DJI GO APP that you install on your iPad. As for WIFI your iPad and the  Mavic will have it. This is also how the iPad and the Mavic will communicate. You don't need WIFI from home.
2016-10-31
Use props
Zorrr2
lvl.3
United States

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2016-10-31 07:01
I use the iPad Mini 2. Everything your taking about is displayed by the DJI GO APP that you install  ...

Thanks folks . . for the info !!
Just so I understand this right . . BEFORE you go flying that day (still at home with a WIFI connection for the IPAD MINI) . . you open up GOOGLE MAPS . . pull up the area you are planing on flying at . . some how SAVE this map view for later use.
Now you get to the flying area . . . you get everything ready to fly . . turn on your IPAD (no longer having WIFI CONNECTION to the internet) . . and the DJI APP some how uses the image you saw on GOOGLE MAPS to locate your GPS location in relation to this map . . RIGHT . . lolol
I hope this explains what I am trying to understand . . THANKS
2016-10-31
Use props
MK1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 612205 ft
United Kingdom

Here is a video I found that show the Ipad mini used in the Mavic controller (goto 6.45 mins on the video)

Is this by design DJI?
2016-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules