Camera issues - sharp center but blurry corners?
11519 50 2016-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cassiomolin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 250259 ft
United Kingdom

Similar issue here: the left edge is blurry in some videos and pictures. I already contacted DJI and hopefully they will issue a UPS label so I can send my Mavic to repair/replacement.

Besides the blurry edge, I'm facing issues with the batteries: I currently have 4 batteries (ordered a combo and one extra battery) and, while flying, I frequently see battery errors in all 4 batteries. I'm really concerned about it.
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

cassiomolin Posted at 2016-12-15 00:25
Similar issue here: the left edge is blurry in some videos and pictures. I already contacted DJI and hopefully they will issue a UPS label so I can send my Mavic to repair/replacement.

Besides the blurry edge, I'm facing issues with the batteries: I currently have 4 batteries (ordered a combo and one extra battery) and, while flying, I frequently see battery errors in all 4 batteries. I'm really concerned about it.

Sorry you experienced this with the camera.
As far as the batteries, what errors are you getting?
In the GO app and in the Advanced tab of the battery page it list details. What do those say?
2016-12-14
Use props
xhunter2001
New
United States

canadianairborn Posted at 2016-12-13 20:26
I emailed DJI on November 30th early morning and had them send me a UPS shipping label. I received it that day by 3pm and was able to send it off before 5pm the same day. It took 4 business day to arrive in California (tue 6th) and was shipped back the next day (wed 7th) and is scheduled to arrive Thursday the 14th.
A total of 14 days. Keep in mind, I'm in Canada and it had to go through customs which does take a bit longer. I read somewhere that one guy who lived close to the facility sent his in on Monday and had it back by Wednesday so it really depends where you live. I've only heard of people getting new drones, no repairs are being done yet as far as I can tell. Make sure you just send the drone and controller. Keep props, cables, batteries etc. Good luck.

Thanks, this is very helpful, because my Mavic Pro I just received earlier this week has the same issue (blurry on the right side of the screen).
2016-12-14
Use props
kullerhamPster
lvl.1
Germany

justim Posted at 2016-10-31 09:58
The mavic isnt wide angle

I'd say it is. Or what else would you call a focal length of 28mm (full frame equivalent)?
2017-1-2
Use props
maikm
lvl.1

Germany

I had a blurred lower left corner. Sent it in, received an exchange unit, and that one is even worse. The entire lower right third of the image is blurred. Look at this.

Here is the DNG of this photo: https://musall.de/files/tmp/maik_20170119_161624_fc220.dng

Here is a short video showing the problem, too: https://musall.de/files/tmp/dji_0041.mov

2017-1-20
Use props
maikm
lvl.1

Germany

maikm Posted at 2017-1-20 04:53
I had a blurred lower left corner. Sent it in, received an exchange unit, and that one is even worse. The entire lower right third of the image is blurred. Look at this.

[view_image]

Now this is becoming ridiculous. In my support case (zendesk 402625) it was suggested that I should use manual focus on infinity, and all would be good. I can tell from my webserver logs that they did not even look at the sample image.

I'm starting to get a little upset here.
2017-1-20
Use props
gnom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 716572 ft
Germany

Me too, in my case they want me to pay 200€ for a repair because they found dust around the gimbal. I can't believe it.
2017-1-24
Use props
speedy777
New

United States

Well, I have the same issue as well, blurry lower right. It's most obvious in lower light, and not as bad in bright light, but still noticeable. I also have a gimbal startup issue as well. I've got an email support into DJI now for a ticket.  My blurry unedited video:
2017-1-31
Use props
maikm
lvl.1

Germany

maikm Posted at 2017-1-20 04:53

[view_image]

I had a blurred lower left corner. Sent it in, received an exchange unit, and that one is even worse.

Well, I received another DOA exchange unit. Third Mavic. And guess what? Again, the lower right corner is blurred. Not as bad as the previous one, but still enough to make it unusable for any photography.

What can I do to make sure this DOA game doesn't go on forever? I don't care if the entire unit gets replaced with a new one. I just want a functioning camera. I'm frustrated. I'm leaving on a photo journey to Iceland next Tuesday, and now I don't have a drone. I'm almost crying.

Here's a DNG of this third unit, shot straight downwards. Compare upper right and lower right corner, for example: https://musall.de/files/tmp/maik_20170202_162822_fc220.dng

Maik
2017-2-2
Use props
fanse17907b7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107126 ft
France

voila la solution ;)
2017-2-4
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned