List of forum members with uncontrollable mavics. Needs addressing.
4986 44 2016-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans70eeeac4
New
Flight distance : 2483281 ft
  • >>>
United States

Otto Pfaeffle
So I was live streaming with my Mavic for the first time yesterday on Facebook. I was up about 150 feet when all of a sudden my Mavic started to act erratic and was not responding to my RC. It started descending so I hit the RTH. Now it's climbing past the 60 meters limit I had set for RTH. It climbed to almost 400 feet and stopped because of the hight limit I had set. It flew back home and started descending. As it was descending it was spinning. I cancelled the RTH a couple of times to see if I could regain control but I was not able to, so I continued with the RTH. It was not going to land anywhere near where it took off from. Luckily it safely landed on my roof. It was getting dark so I didn't try to fly it again. Instead I brought it inside and did an IMU calibration.
   Today I took her up about 4-5 feet and she seemed fine. Was very responsive, but I'm afraid to take her up any higher now.
2016-11-4
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

3hd9Aq2UtQlM Posted at 2016-11-2 21:57
When is this going to be addressed? Been stuck on mech error since day 1. This is a terrible experie ...

You received and updated your RC with software to test, if understand correctly http://forum.dji.com/thread-67701-2-1.html post #66
DJI-Ken asked to calibrate slowly and test with simulator, what was the outcome?
2016-11-4
Use props
ft2t8TggVHR7
New

Germany

Hi guys,

I'm from Europe (Germany) and a professional photgrapher and videographer. I habe a YouTube channel with about 65k followers and just got my Mavic Pro today. Too bad my first post has to be a negative one. Actually I came trough this forum by googling "gimbal problems with mavic pro". Reading the last posts and threads addressing problems with their mavic (and there are a lot of them, DJN), what ever the users are posting, the problem seems to be the controller or/and the gimbal.

Here's my story:

I just unboxed the mavic, put everything together (gimbal protector and holding stick were at the right place) and connected iPhone/controller/Mavic. I immediately got forced to update the firmware (argh) and after about 12 minutes I tried the first indoor flight. Howering on the place went just fine so I wanted to land again - but couldn't. Controller wasn't responding (no home point set up though). I had to push the left stick for about 4-6 seconds until the Mavic finally did respond and land.

I tried this again to times with the same problem. "OK" I thought, probably a problem within my house (metal, different wireless singnals etc.). So I decided to setup the settings I usually used on my Phantom 3 (camera settings, short cuts, etc.) and noticed the live view broke up immediately after a couple of minutes without any warning. detaching and retaching the iPhone to the controller again didn't resolve the problem - only restarting the controller. This happenend several times and I tested the connection via another usb-to-lightning cable (thought the built in probably was broken) - same problem.

Going to the mode settings I noticed the following screen:

Screenshot 1.png

Sorry, that's German and it says "Gimbal cannot receive data from controller" and "if the problems keeps appearing after restart contact DJI support".

So? The previous Phantoms/controller seemed to communicate via the built in antennas in the feets of the drones. But the Mavic seems to connect to the controller via sensors somwhere in the gimbal system and I think the connection problem here is the problem that causes no responding or delayed responding of the mavic pro other users are adressing here.

I will give it a try tomorrow at dayloght and at an open field again without going too far up. If the Mavics shows the same symptoms I definetelly will stop using the Mavic and either send it back or wait for a solution. I definetelly do not want to hurt someone crashing with my Mavic into someones head, face or other part of body.

It's definetelly time for DJI to say "Hey, we see there is a problem. Do not take off untill we provide you with an firmware upgrade. Though I think this is no hardware problem (expect the broken gimbal issues we read about here), it surely can be fixed through an firmware update.

But, seriously DJI, you have to take action now before someone gets hurt. If you don't react shortly I'm going to make this public on Twitter and on my YouTube channel.
2016-11-4
Use props
ft2t8TggVHR7
New

Germany

Hello again,

I just had a chat with the DJI support. Please see the following screenshot:

Screenshot 2.png Screenshot 3.png
Screenshot 4.png
Screenshot 5.png
Screenshot 5.png
Screenshot 6.png
Screenshot 7.png
Screenshot 8.png
Screenshot 9.png
Screenshot 10.png
Screenshot 11.png

What is missing in the conversation is my question how the anouncement (forum, mail, press release?) will be done as soon as the "HQ" team finds a solution for the problem.

Is it worth to link this post from similar topics in this forum? There are so many customes discussing problems with the Mavic and oll of them result in the same issue: Loosing controll of the Mavic due to no response of the controller. But I don't want to get banished.

2016-11-4
Use props
yIDPERO4xuZE
New

Hong Kong

Hi All,
second day with the MAVIC. on the first day I practiced on a fenced Tennis court and the drone behaved exactly as expected. However I get a lot of interference warnings @120m altitude directly above me (line of sight) I realize that being downtown Shanghai means range may be affected due to buildings and busy airwaves, but 120m direct line of sight is a bit weak.

Now the BIG ONE!
I went to the BUND today (across the river from the skyscraper skyline) and take off (wants me to calibrate, so fine I do it) @200m it loses reception and autopilots back down (again directly above me LOS). I get control back and land. I switch battery and want to take of again and I have to calibrate again. Doesnt take. Calibrate again. This time I get all green lights. After waiting for 9 Satellites I get the Ready for take off (GPS). I climb to 2 meters and the drone starts wobeling and turning like crazy. My stick inputs seem to get to the drone, but in its crazy wobbly state it does not perform as it should. Example: Hitting hard down, drone does nothing, keeps wobbling. It moves closer to the building next to me (I am on the rooftop on the 6th floor).
It crashes into a window and lands on the window platform (6 stories up in the air ... lucky!!!) After about an hour with the security guards of that building I have my drone back and besides scratches and all rotors broken it is fine.
While it was out of control the app gave me a compass error warning. Reallly crazy and messed up!! all green lights and then out of control. Why does the drone autopilot try to fly, knowing the compass data is garbage? Why does the controller give me all green lights and then immediatly spazzes out?

In retrospect I think I should have turned on sports mode really fast, i believe it turns the autopilot of correct? Any suggestions on what to do when the compass gets confused mid flight and the autopilot thinks its correcting while in reality its royally fu**ing up the flight?
2016-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules