What's the point of owning a drone if you can't fly it?
14710 46 2016-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_aaQXaXIPxN6K
New

South Africa

Look, you're lucky that you can actually get a drone, out here in South Africa they are almost unaffordable yet you are allowed to fly without the need to register, I've been trying to get my hands on a DJI product for a while as they are scarce. If there is anyone out there willing to gift me with a drone, I'll be forver in your favour
2019-8-28
Use props
djiuser_qkiW0DPzaJT7
New

United States

I second just being grateful to buy one. But I'm in the same boat as you, I can't fly it anywhere and live in venn diagram of restricted airspaces. So while I'm grateful, it's gratitude that someone else, somewhere else, can actually use one. I've spent hours trying to figure out where I could go. There's some potential a hour or two away, but even if that paid off, this isn't for me. I have family and can't commit to a 4-5 hour trip to fly. I'm selling my Spark and getting into a different hobby.
2020-1-13
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

I know for a fact that if I was to make arrangements with our National park the Cabot trail, you could get permission to fly a drone, I have no restrictions where I reside however after flying the same place for months on end I do enjoy taking my Mavic Pro out to different places,  stop your whining and venture out.  
2020-1-14
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

You gotta venture out.  If that's not what you're willing to do, then yes, having a drone is a moot point.  There are many restrictive areas around where I live, but, I find places to fly.
2020-1-14
Use props
pdxbear
New
United States

I bought my third DJI drone for a cross-country trip and could not fly it in one single planned location; hugely disappointing and a complete waste of time and money. I ended up selling it. Restrictions have become so onerous it's just not worth it anymore. Non-drone folks say they don't want the noise, but I fly so far from people they'd never know I was there. Drone flying could bring a lot of new visitors to parks and provide free advertising of our parks' beauty, but there doesn't appear to be much interest in even talking about accommodation. It's a real shame.
2020-4-23
Use props
dodobutt
New
United States

This is ridiculous. I live next to the airport and can't even fly the drone at home on my property. But go figure. DJI is a Chinese company.
2020-11-24
Use props
fans49614bbb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1699 ft
  • >>>
United States

The recreational drone user is being squeezed out.  Bought a DJI Mini to use in Italy.  Now you must have 100k Euros of insurance, Proof of EU Competancy, EU registration of the drone.  Because of the weight I can travel with the drone but I can’t fly it.  All these restrictions used to be only for larger drones.  4 hoops for maybe 15 min of vacation footage.  DJI does nothing to help with all its money it collects in sales.  No point in owning a drone.  Total waste of money.
3-15 05:32
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules