I'm not sure what all the whining is about???
1938 25 2016-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bvQlltGg1Yw3
lvl.2
New Zealand

So I got an email today notifing me that my Mavic had shipped!
That's a couple of weeks after the middle of Nov.
For a Pre-order, that is pretty good!
Complainers should remember that we are 'pre-ordering', not buying an existing product.

Also I live in New Zealand so this whole 'market conspiricy thing' seems redundant as New Zealand is at the bottom of the list for everything ;-) Which is why I can't buy DJI care (which sucks as all the moderators on this forum advise newbies to purchase it).

So sit tight and watch some training videos and I'm sure your machine will soon be winging it's way to your doorstep.
And to all those people out there with DJI care, just remember that there are some owners in far flung corners of the planet flying without a safty net :-)
2016-10-31
Use props
JakeS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7287871 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congratulations!
2016-10-31
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

It is an existing product. Pre-order, is order before it is a final product. The moment it is in production, it is not a pre-order anymore. It is a order with low supply (in this case).
2016-10-31
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3

Its in the Beta test stage....
2016-10-31
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

I would imagine people are frustrated because they have already paid.
2016-10-31
Use props
fans2925f234
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31539 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

When did you order and which option do you go for if you don't mind me asking?

I also assumed we would be at the bottom of the list regardless of when we ordered.
Thought perhaps there was some kind of bulk regional shipping arrangement at play..

Also looked to get DJI care/refresh.. Why isn't that available for us in NZ. Australia have it..
2016-10-31
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

It isn't November yet...
2016-10-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good luck enjoy the ride,
2016-10-31
Use props
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1868376 ft
  • >>>
United States

Damn. I ordered on the 28th and i'm in Hawaii. Still waiting for it to be shipped. I'm leaving for NZ on Nov. 9th and was hoping I would get the drone before then so I can take it with me on my trip. Maybe I should have just had it shipped to NZ.
2016-10-31
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

People are being 'whiny' because they are being strung along...
2016-10-31
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

People are whiny simple because they are spoiled and think their possession of a credit card entitles them to be kowtowed to on a constant basis.

Gone are the days of basic patience and understanding. Now they have the interweb to take all their problems to. It may be their boss yelled at them, or their wife said she was too tired. But they can always go online and complain complain complain.

You'd think they were awaiting a miracle cure for all that ails them....

When they get their Mavic Pro, they will then have even more to whine about. I have to wonder if many would even buy these if they didn't get to whine before, during and after they own them.

My advice - don't worry, be happy. If you want a drone instantly walk in a story and buy one.
2016-10-31
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Nees Posted at 2016-10-31 14:44
It is an existing product. Pre-order, is order before it is a final product. The moment it is in pro ...

It's not in stores yet. It's a pre-order.
2016-10-31
Use props
bvQlltGg1Yw3
lvl.2
New Zealand

fans2925f234 Posted at 2016-11-1 04:07

I also assumed we wo ...

Hiya,
I'd liked to answer you question fully but I think some people would use anything as an excuse to 'throw a  tanti'.
It was a combo, and it's being shipped to NZ, so that seems to shoot down at least two conspiracy theories.
Interesting that Oz gets access to 'Care'. I've sent DJI an email to make sure we're not missing something. Could be an error on the web site?
2016-10-31
Use props
bvQlltGg1Yw3
lvl.2
New Zealand

New Zealand is the first to see the sun of the new day :-)
2016-10-31
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

When did you place your order if it is not that much to ask
2016-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

You could practice more in the Flight Simulator.
Hope you enjoy your flight.
2016-10-31
Use props
Droney McDronef
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

bvQlltGg1Yw3 Posted at 2016-11-1 15:45
Hiya,
I'd liked to answer you question fully but I think some people would use anything as an excu ...

Thanks,

Understood.

No tanti here (Not publicly anyway ;)
Just patiently waiting and trying to gauge if i might be getting close to being next in line.

My Playstation VR just arrived so that's gonna keep me busy for a while at least!
2016-10-31
Use props
brandamir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 125210 ft
United States

I disagree with dronefly.com. Some of us are grown adults who worked hard to pay bills. So owning a credit card give us the right to whine about what ever. It's your cash either way you look at it and while we are paying interested on it and have already paid DJI. All they do is give false advertisement, while they stuff their bellies like a fat cat with all of our cash. And can you guess what they are doing with all this cash ? Reinvesting it on the next project. While they are under delivering this one. Why they don't care ? Because they know their product is better than the Karma. Hint they waiting after. (Marketing strategy). So if you feel big calling people whiners. You are dead wrong and if you were a reseller and ordered 50 Items but you only get 5. How would that make you feel. Even better how would your company look to the customer. Who doesn't care what the internal problems are. They just want delivery as a promise. I work for the airline IT industry and I can tell you the customer doesn't care what issues go on inside. They just want buy their tickets, board the plane and get to their destination. Go think twice before you call people whiners.  
2016-10-31
Use props
BAMBOOYA
lvl.1

Taiwan

If you're not sure what all the whining is about you're outta touch with reality. Listen I'm glad ur preorder has been issued n all especially to NZ for that matter. If u think customers don't deserve better communication and that DJI has no need to improve its practices. I implore you to reconsider.
2016-10-31
Use props
bvQlltGg1Yw3
lvl.2
New Zealand

I've been on this forum for about a month, and it's been really hard to see any positive comments (apart from the moderators and those people I tend to doubt cause you never know if they are being paid or not.)

I've prevously worked in manufacturing, both large international macro, and super local micro. Making something from nothing, and selling it to other humans is hard. Crazy hard!
There are meny more the fifty shades of customer expectation.
Some people are great and some people you wish would die from high blood pressure.

DJI (of whom I have never been a customer before) have (from my point of view) managed this as well, and probably better then, meny other tech companies I've had dealings with (by the way $50 Play voucher costs Google almost nothing (in fact, they are so desperate to get people into the Play store it's probably a promotion?)).
The company email that was sent out mid month was perfectly adequate in explaining that 'half of the planet had been waiting for something like the Mavic to be born into the world and DJI was caught off balance by the responce'. These guys are not soothsayers (are they???)
Compared to Apple who deliberately factors shortages into their business plan, DJI are saints.

These guys are shipping to most of the planet at once. None of this stepped-roll-out malarkey. Everyone is treated the same (which is probably a bit disconcerting to countries who are used to being at the front of the line ;-)

I really wish the folk who are so upset, would actually carry though with their threats, and cancel their pre-orders and go buy a Gopro or a 3D robotics product (yes I know they don't have a comparable product available, no one does).
It would certainly make this forum less angst filled.
In fact, I've been wondering if that's why I've scored a delivery. I certainly wasn't the first to put in an order????

As an example of how hard it is to make something and sell it to the world. I was just checking my mail and saw that my purchase of a https://cindercooks.com/ has been just this moument been cancelled....
Unfortunately, we’ve run into a variety of challenges in fulfilling our international orders. When manufacturing a product, each different country we ship to has a large fixed cost to overcome – safety certifications with the authorities, the most common example – which requires us to reach a certain number of sales before it is financially viable. Despite your support, we did not receive enough pre-orders from your country to allow us to ship there. *Therefore, we regret to inform you that we must cancel and refund your order.*

These guys had my money for a lot longer then the month that DJI has. Mind you, it was only $200, not $2000.
2016-10-31
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
United States

Thanks, I just put my pre-order for cindercooks and if its delayed, I'm going to bitch in their forum. Seriously, I want one of these.
2016-10-31
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

bvQlltGg1Yw3 Posted at 2016-11-1 10:48
New Zealand is the first to see the sun of the new day :-)

That still dont make you a month ahead lol
2016-11-1
Use props
bvQlltGg1Yw3
lvl.2
New Zealand

fans2925f234 Posted at 2016-11-1 04:07

I also assumed we wo ...

Hiya,
Had an email back from DJI. Turns out Oz doesn't get 'Care' ether. Such is life on the bottom of the planet :-)
2016-11-2
Use props
Droney McDronef
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

bvQlltGg1Yw3 Posted at 2016-11-3 08:07
Hiya,
Had an email back from DJI. Turns out Oz doesn't get 'Care' ether. Such is life on the botto ...

But.. But it was available in the store when you switch to Aus..

Oh well.. Guess i'll just have to fly extra extra careful like i always do.

Someone else pointed out that if you do total the craft beyond repair it is likely that you will still be able to salvage the battery and when they finally offer the air-frame only option for use with Wifi the cost to replace won't actually be that much more than Care + The Replacement fee.
2016-11-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Droney McDronef Posted at 2016-11-5 23:22
But.. But it was available in the store when you switch to Aus..

Oh well.. Guess i'll just have t ...

Yes because you will also have controller you can buy aircraft separate and you will have a load of spares,

Oh by the what happened to all blacks today. Lol
2016-11-5
Use props
Droney McDronef
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-6 12:26
Yes because you will also have controller you can buy aircraft separate and you will have a load o ...

Haha, Not really a rugby fan myself but great to see them beaten by a team like Ireland! About time someone took them down a notch too.
2016-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules